[Mk2] [Turbo] What Engine is this ?

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

KerryN

[Mk2] [Turbo] What Engine is this ?

Post by KerryN »

My Broethers friend has looked at this but isn't 100% on it.. He thinks its a 2sgte turbo conversion ?

Can anyone give me some ideas to pass on to him please..

Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] What Engine is this ?

Post by Ryan S »

normal tubby engine by the looks of it 3sgte :thumleft: :thumleft:

although some kind of custom exhaust manifold, and uprated intercooler, i also see an old style hks BOV on there, as well as a polished hotpipe and polished intake plenum(throttle body)

starter motor is deffo a 3sgte, cam covers look the same as well :thumleft:
Last edited by Ryan S on Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adam1989

Post by adam1989 »

Yeah looks to me like a 3sgte to me aswell

Its a Rev 1 or 2 got a maf sensor
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

adam1989 wrote:Yeah looks to me like a 3sgte to me aswell

+1, do the rev1 have the charcoal canister?? if not, this is a rev2 :thumleft:

also, i see aircon pipes, rev1's have aircon?? again, if not, it's a rev2 :thumleft: :thumleft:

scratch that, it's not aircon pipes, it's the air thing for the brakes, i've never known what it does :-k :-k other than fill with pressure :lol:
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

sheppy wrote:

also, i see aircon pipes, rev1's have aircon?? again, if not, it's a rev2 :thumleft: :thumleft:

scratch that, it's not aircon pipes, it's the air thing for the brakes, i've never known what it does :-k :-k other than fill with pressure :lol:

rev1/2s both had a/c and charcoal canister.....

this is a rev2 engine (3sgte), can tell cause it has 2 pipes off the TB going to the charcoal canister...rev1s only had 1 pipe going to charcoal cansiter
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

jimGTS wrote:
sheppy wrote:

rev1/2s both had a/c and charcoal canister.....

this is a rev2 engine (3sgte), can tell cause it has 2 pipes off the TB going to the charcoal canister...rev1s only had 1 pipe going to charcoal cansiter

i remember this now!! while researching about ditching the thing :)
KerryN

Post by KerryN »

Thank you, he is considering buying the car for the engine, but he was originally wanting a rev 3 engine. This has some issues under power, apparently it feels like it is starved of fuel somehow. He xcant decide if its worth the monmey basically at present..

Would this have a CT20 or a CT26 turbo as standard been a rev 1 or 2..
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

it would have a ct26 as standard, although you can't reallt tell from the picture, looks like ct26 actuator pipes though. i would avoid any engine that has issues mate, go to gts chris for an engine :thumleft: :thumleft:
KerryN

Post by KerryN »

sheppy wrote:it would have a ct26 as standard, although you can't reallt tell from the picture, looks like ct26 actuator pipes though. i would avoid any engine that has issues mate, go to gts chris for an engine :thumleft: :thumleft:

I do know of GTS Chris and I know he supplies high quality, reliable engines. My brother has bought from him in the past. But i think this one has had a lot of new parts, but, a 2nd hand fuel regulator was fitted, so it may simply be thats the issue. But either way this has everything, ecu, looms, turbo, etc etc and all for a price he wouldn't get matched by GTS Chris for the same stuff.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

KerryN wrote:
sheppy wrote:it would have a ct26 as standard, although you can't reallt tell from the picture, looks like ct26 actuator pipes though. i would avoid any engine that has issues mate, go to gts chris for an engine :thumleft: :thumleft:

I do know of GTS Chris and I know he supplies high quality, reliable engines. My brother has bought from him in the past. But i think this one has had a lot of new parts, but, a 2nd hand fuel regulator was fitted, so it may simply be thats the issue. But either way this has everything, ecu, looms, turbo, etc etc and all for a price he wouldn't get matched by GTS Chris for the same stuff.

try ang get it running properly before it gets removed then, especially if it's something as simple as the FPR :thumleft: :thumleft:
KerryN

Post by KerryN »

sheppy wrote:
KerryN wrote:

try ang get it running properly before it gets removed then, especially if it's something as simple as the FPR :thumleft: :thumleft:

I think thats the plan, the car has all new discs, pads, hubs, server and Tein coilovers only 6 months old etc etc..taxed and a new mot on it too.. all for a £1000, so he is fairly sure it is worth the gamble..
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

for that price yeah man, you could get back double that amount if you broke it :thumleft: :thumleft:
KerryN

Post by KerryN »

Quick update..

he went to look at the car, I drove him up there and he decided not to buy it ! I thought he was mad, so i spoke to the guy and bought it myself aftaer negotiating the price right down to a bargain price.Then my friend said, oh I wouldbuy it for that price.. I said tough, mine now lol

It does indeed have a custom tubular manifold and has a dyno printout fopr 218bhp, not bad for a REV 1 I believe. I also realised when buying it the air intake was actually a genuine ARC, not seen one in a long time except on one of my Brothers old cars a few years ago. So this was a nice find..

Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

definatly worth it if you get it less than £1k!

was going to say it looks like its had a uprated stainless airbox fitted. Also silicone induction hose and looks like new water pipes... looks like a clean car from the engine pictures. :thumleft:
Driftlimits Performance
IMOC Affiliated Company

Post by Driftlimits Performance »

It's ally 8-[
KerryN

Post by KerryN »

Skywalker wrote:It's ally 8-[

Ally :?:
Driftlimits Performance
IMOC Affiliated Company