Possible Cracked Rev 1 Block?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mr2turbo99

Possible Cracked Rev 1 Block?

Post by mr2turbo99 »

Hi Guys,

just been trying to fix my water leak but the problem appears to be worse than i thought. I looked above the water pump and there is a split where the water is coming from. Have a look at the photo and let me know what you think. Thanks

mr2turbo99

Re: Possible Cracked Rev 1 Block?

Post by mr2turbo99 »

Anyone?
Dangerous

Post by Dangerous »

:? Doesnt look good to me.... if theirs defo water coming out of it then i would say its Knackered.... :cry: :sick:
mr2turbo99

Post by mr2turbo99 »

Yeah she's definitely a weeper lol can't understand how I've cracked it though!
Dangerous

Post by Dangerous »

Just the luck of the draw kid... std engines have been known to crack before... :?
earlier rev1 & 2 blocks supposed to be stronger between cylinder walls...(although i think it a bit of a myth really)..more of them seem to crack around the water pump area....

Rev 5 is generally stronger between cylinder walls (although having it x-rayed is best to check if going for big power..) and is also revised around the water pump area for this very problem...

failing that a 5sfe block is far stronger and will cope with pretty much anything you throw at it....(but also the most expensive option)

Some serioud decisions to made by yourself now.... :-k 8-[
mr2turbo99

Post by mr2turbo99 »

Definitely a breaker which is so hard to say considering everything its been through but i need to claw back as much money as possible. To sell her in this state probably commands £1000 - £1500 at a mighty push which really isn't enough.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”