Sony Execs open there mouth again.

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Ekona

Re: Sony Execs open there mouth again.

Post by Ekona »

thai boxer wrote:
James wrote:I was going to say, the next xbox will blow the PS3 away... but then the 360 already has.

Also, the future is not Blu ray. It has already been stated that future media will not be on disc's of any sort.

Yep! :thumleft: Its been said years ago and is starting to become a reality already.

But who banked their cards on the future not being disc-based, but rather on a download system? Yup, Microsoft. As much as I want this to be true and to happen, broadband speeds in this country are simply not up to scratch to make it happen. We lag so far behind the US and Japan (and a lot of Europe!) that for 90% of people downloading a multi-GB file simply isn't feasible. Until that same 90% of people can download at an average of at least 20Mbit, we'll all still be relying on discs for our gaming and movie needs I feel.

Microsoft would be shooting themselves in the foot with both barrels if the next XBox isn't BD based.
RobCrezz

Post by RobCrezz »

ekona wrote:
thai boxer wrote:
James wrote:I was going to say, the next xbox will blow the PS3 away... but then the 360 already has.

Also, the future is not Blu ray. It has already been stated that future media will not be on disc's of any sort.

Yep! :thumleft: Its been said years ago and is starting to become a reality already.

But who banked their cards on the future not being disc-based, but rather on a download system? Yup, Microsoft. As much as I want this to be true and to happen, broadband speeds in this country are simply not up to scratch to make it happen. We lag so far behind the US and Japan (and a lot of Europe!) that for 90% of people downloading a multi-GB file simply isn't feasible. Until that same 90% of people can download at an average of at least 20Mbit, we'll all still be relying on discs for our gaming and movie needs I feel.

Microsoft would be shooting themselves in the foot with both barrels if the next XBox isn't BD based.

Could even be Solid state flash based, so cheap now.
crostheman

Post by crostheman »

ekona wrote:
thai boxer wrote:

I dont get it why should it have blueray??
mr2daz

Post by mr2daz »

SamUK wrote:
mr2daz wrote:Lucky the ps3 has a hard drive you can upgrade in under 30 seconds then... without losing your warranty... not that you'd need a warranty of course as it's not a turd pretending to be a games machine. :thumleft: :oldtongue:

lol you were almost making some sense.

that is, untill you slated the 360 as a "gaming machine".

nobody, until you, has denied that the 360 has the better games catalogue and service.

the RROD is the only argument you guys can come up with when sticking up for your bluray player.

:D

I don't mind being the only one though I don't think I am, and anyway don't you have to pay for the 'service' with the xbox? It should be better if that's the case, but it's not enough to make me want one; or did you mean customer service? As a PS3 owner I don't have any experience of that so there's not much to compare to. :)

I've never felt deprived of anything of any importance because my PS3 is not an xbox. The games I can't have I can happily live without; I couldn't even tell you what they are but as for Bluray, I'd have to fork out extra for a bluray player if I had a 360, I don't see the point.

There's no getting away from it, the 360 is a turd. ;)
pcp

Post by pcp »

RobCrezz

Post by RobCrezz »

mr2daz wrote: The games I can't have I can happily live without; I couldn't even tell you what they are but as for Bluray, I'd have to fork out extra for a bluray player if I had a 360, I don't see the point.

You could buy a 360 and a blueray player for about the same money as a PS3. And the blueray player will no doubt be better than the ps3 at playing films. Apparently the ps3 doesnt even do 5.1 on films?
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

pcp wrote:Image

:lol: :thumleft:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
mr2daz

Post by mr2daz »

RobCrezz wrote:
mr2daz wrote: The games I can't have I can happily live without; I couldn't even tell you what they are but as for Bluray, I'd have to fork out extra for a bluray player if I had a 360, I don't see the point.

You could buy a 360 and a blueray player for about the same money as a PS3. And the blueray player will no doubt be better than the ps3 at playing films. Apparently the ps3 doesnt even do 5.1 on films?

You'll have to enlighten me on why a seperate bluray player will be better at playing films; I'm no expert and don't know why that would be?

It does do 5.1 on films, exceptionally well imo. :thumleft:
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

mr2daz wrote:
RobCrezz wrote:

You'll have to enlighten me on why a seperate bluray player will be better at playing films; I'm no expert and don't know why that would be?

It does do 5.1 on films, exceptionally well imo. :thumleft:

supports 5.1, dts and dolby true hd, so how is that not 5.1?? the 360 doesnt even upscale unless you are connected to live whats the deal with that?
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Return to “Games Consoles”