Christmas LM Party in Derby

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

toxo
IMOC Committee

Re: Christmas LM Party in Derby

Post by toxo »

ekona wrote:Guys, I've taken over doing the proposed run out to Matlock on Sunday and have finalised the route today. I've done my usual trick of putting the route into a TomTom ITN file so for anyone that's got one, give me a shout with your e-mail address and I'll send it over to you.

When you do get it, all you've got to do is connect your TomTom to your computer, open it up via Windows (NOT the TT Home software) and copy + paste the ITN file into the folder called ITN. Once done, disconnect your TomTom and go Itinerary planning --> Options --> Load itinerary --> Matlock_Run. It'll ask you if you want to head to the first destination now, just select yes and let it plan out, just to make sure it's working. Easy as that. ;)

Looks like TomTom have removed itinerary functionality from some of the cheaper TomTom One's with the V8 software release. And you can't just do the menu customisation hack to restore it :( Have now downgraded mine to 7.6 again to make this work!!
pkmr2

Post by pkmr2 »

toxo wrote:I take it I'm the only person coming up from the south east on Saturday then?

Hi mate,

I'm travelling up fron Bexleyheath but i have to work Friday night so not really sure what time we're be leaving Sat afternoon what are your Plans?

Pete Kyte and Niki
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Hi Pete,

I have some electrical gremlins to track down in my car Saturday morning, so I'll be leaving 2 or 3 ish (presuming I don't feed them after midnight that is). There's 2 obvious routes from where I am (J14/15 of the M1 - well its south east as far as Derby is concerned!!!) which are either M1 to J4, or A5 to Nuneaton and then A444 up to Burton upon Trent. 1st one reckons 1hr 40 mins, 2nd one reckons 2hrs 10 mins but looks a lot more fun! Were you gonna take the motorway route? I could meet you at either Toddington or Newport Pagnell services if you were, neither are far from me. If you fancy the other route then we'd need to meet at either Toddington or Milton Keynes. Or not at all if that's too early!

Suit is dry cleaned \:D/ party time!

Edit: A thought - if we want to get there before it gets dark that'd require you to be with me at ~2pm. Dunno about you but my headlights are xxxx!
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Well I've picked a fine time to come down with the mother of all colds :(

At the moment it's touch and go whether we'll be able to make it now, really don't feel up to doing much at all at the moment and have spent the whole day in bed, but I'll see how I feel tomorrow. If I don't make tomorrow I'll still try and come up on the Saturday, but again I won't know until the day.

Fingers crossed I can knock this thing on the head and come and party with you lot! :pray:
pkmr2

Post by pkmr2 »

Yes it's defo the Jeff Banks suit for me!

Toxo(John is it?)

I'll get back to you gotta goto work i'll take a look at the route later.
Want to get there for a decent time wouldn't mind a workout in the gym if i have time!

Pete.
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

pkmr2 wrote:Toxo(John is it?)

It is indeed!

pkmr2 wrote:Want to get there for a decent time wouldn't mind a workout in the gym if i have time!

Likewise.
RoadsterBoy

Post by RoadsterBoy »

ekona wrote:Well I've picked a fine time to come down with the mother of all colds :(

At the moment it's touch and go whether we'll be able to make it now, really don't feel up to doing much at all at the moment and have spent the whole day in bed, but I'll see how I feel tomorrow. If I don't make tomorrow I'll still try and come up on the Saturday, but again I won't know until the day.

Fingers crossed I can knock this thing on the head and come and party with you lot! :pray:

Dan, stop being a wus and get over your man flu!!! You know it'll be a laugh :lol:

I'll check this thread tomorrow then (or perhaps even give you a ring) to find out the latest.. Jinxy, looks like I could be convoying up with you guys if Dan can't make it...

Mike - I don't have a tux, but can bring me suit if we wanna look presentable..
unowho

Poorly Ekona!!!

Post by unowho »

Oh!! Dan that's not good :( Know how you feel had it a few weeks back and it's a shocker, definitely sympathise there mate.

Hope you feel better and can make it tho :pray:
Proud Mk2 owner
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

RoadsterBoy wrote:Dan, stop being a wus and get over your man flu!!! You know it'll be a laugh :lol:

I'll check this thread tomorrow then (or perhaps even give you a ring) to find out the latest..

Check your PMs ;) I'll shoot you a text in the morning when I know matey, I'll try and do it as early as possible.
Tony jinxy froude

Post by Tony jinxy froude »

RoadsterBoy wrote:
ekona wrote:Well I've picked a fine time to come down with the mother of all colds :(

Dan, stop being a wus and get over your man flu!!! You know it'll be a laugh :lol:

I'll check this thread tomorrow then (or perhaps even give you a ring) to find out the latest.. Jinxy, looks like I could be convoying up with you guys if Dan can't make it...

Mike - I don't have a tux, but can bring me suit if we wanna look presentable..

Chris, your welcome to convoy up with us mate, gotta wait & see if unowho is working in the morning cos someone's back hurts ...... again :roll: :mrgreen: if not then we may leave earlier, if thats the case then i will phone Steve & get him here earlier, PM me your number too then i can bell you in the morning :thumleft: , Jinxy.
P.s cant wait to see you lot \:D/ :thumleft: & have pre - asked the bar staff to prop wayne up in the corner till we get there :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
pkmr2

Post by pkmr2 »

You got Steve to worry about Tony, at least we haven't got to put a tent up for him!

See you Sat pm.

Pete
frogge

Post by frogge »

Woe is me!
The RollerSkate needs major welding on front. Will have to come in the Astra.

Sorry chaps
Tony jinxy froude

Dont worry Pete, ive got steve sorted :thumleft: see ya Saturday mate \:D/ , Frogge fancy leaving it until now to find out if the car is roadworthy or not ! #-o :mrgreen: You do realise that today is the day you need to be there, not next Friday :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: , see you guys there soon, Jinx
Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve

Post by Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve »

Tony jinxy froude wrote:Dont worry Pete, ive got steve sorted :thumleft: see ya Saturday mate \:D/ , Frogge fancy leaving it until now to find out if the car is roadworthy or not ! #-o :mrgreen: You do realise that today is the day you need to be there, not next Friday :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: , see you guys there soon, Jinx

Hi Jinxy how long do you think it will take to get to yours?
I was thinking of leaving mine at 11.
Tony jinxy froude

Steve, turn your bloody phone on, you have a message you numpty #-o :mrgreen: , Jinx
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Sod it, I'm coming! Might as well be ill in a fancy hotel as be ill stuck at home \:D/
Tony jinxy froude

Yep thats the spirit dan.... spead it to the rest of us :mrgreen: :mrgreen: your dining table is in the gardens at the hotel :oldtongue: :clown:
Speak to Chris, he's on his way to my house now along with Steve, Jinxy
tommundy
Premium Member

Post by tommundy »

Just cleaned n waxed the car (in vain probably :lol:)

See you all later tonight!
pkmr2

Post by pkmr2 »

John,(toxo)

Meet you at either services at 2pm let me know your choice. Toddington the first ones from me is 69 miles from home.

Best route is the quickest if you don't mind weather and light permitting!

M1 off at junc 25 onto a52 a few small roads and we should be there, what do you reckon?

I have pm'ed you my details in case of a problem.

Cheers Pete.
pkmr2

Post by pkmr2 »

Looks like TomTom have removed itinerary functionality from some of the cheaper TomTom One's with the V8 software release. And you can't just do the menu customisation hack to restore it Have now downgraded mine to 7.6 again to make this work!!

Think i might have this problem aswell but don't know what i'm doing with itn files downgrading etc so i'll have to follow someone!

See you all very soon!

Return to “Past Events”