Christmas LM Party in Derby

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Lemon Secretary

Re: Christmas LM Party in Derby

Post by Lemon Secretary »

Hiya guys,

As discussed at JAE, we were thinking it might be a nice idea to have a pre-Le Mans 2009 Christmas Party.

Michael has suggested the Mickleover Court Hotel in Derby (fairly central) http://www.menzies-hotels.co.uk/hotels/ ... over_court as they have been here before. There is a Christmas Brochure http://www.menzies-hotels.co.uk/documen ... 380326.pdf

The night we were thinking of is Saturday, 6th December so we would be looking at £39.95 each plus the cost of rooms if you stay over. The room costs are a bit ambiguous so I need to contact them to barter/get an exact price.

What I need first is an idea of who would be interested and whether you require a room, (double or single) for the Friday (5th) and/or Saturday (6th). I can then start talking to the hotel.

I’m happy to consider alternative suggestions so please feel free to PM/post suggestions. One idea I had is if people are feeling the pinch financially, we could consider a Travelodge and a nice pub-restaurant in Derby or an equally central location i.e. Nottingham/Stoke-on-Trent.

Please let me know ASAP so I can start planning, bearing in mind I’m not here for most of the back end of September.

Cheers,
Reema x
Tony jinxy froude

Post by Tony jinxy froude »

Hi Weema,

Yep, definitely up for this, and staying over Saturday night, wherever decided, happy with the Derby choice.
Think at that time of year could be expensive'ish anywhere anyway

See ya soon
Jinxy
Last edited by Tony jinxy froude on Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AW11 Forever..!

Post by AW11 Forever..! »

Just spoken to Sarah Baughan @ the Mickleover Hotel and prices are as follows:

3 course Christmas Party night with entertainment

Bed and Breakfast with full use of the hotel facilities including pool and gym, Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning.

Cost per person £84.95

Don't know about anyone else but thats cracking value at that time of the year and the hotel is spot on. Sarah has said they will also honour the special discounted rate for the Friday night if you wanted to make a real weekend of it which is £45 per person B & B. Heres some information about the hotel.

Boasting a convenient location near Derby with easy access to the A38, A50 and M1 motorway, the Menzies Mickleover Court is the perfect choice for business or leisure.

Our conference and banqueting facilities will endeavour to ensure your seminars or events surpass expectations. And whether you’re working or relaxing, you’ll relish the opportunity to unwind in our Waves Health & Leisure Club complete with pool, solarium and gym.

Finally, after enjoying the attractions of Nottingham, Derby or the Peak District, what better way to relax than with a mouth-watering meal in our Italian Trattoria or Brasserie restaurant.

Cound myself and Joanne in.

1. Peter and Reema
2. Jinxy +
3. Gordon and Alison
4. Michael and Joanne

Reema, it's £10 deposit per person and they will then send out the booking forms. Ideally we could do with booking this up quite quickly. At the moment they do have 10 double rooms available for us. If you fancy coming can you please make a quick decision and let us know by adding your name to the above list. Reema, maybe we could Paypal you the deposits and then you could make 1 payment.

Cheers
Michael
AW11 Forever..!

Dan/Mark,

Good to catch up with you both @ JAE, this might be a good opportunity to meet your other 1/2's and will break the ice nicely.
Can you let us know ASAP if you want to attend as we only have 10 rooms.

Jinxy,

Can you speak to Steve Kingsnorth, Pete Kyte and see if they want to come to the party and anyones else from the SE who is thinking about attending LM09.

Cheers
Michael
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

I'm up for that, sounds like an excelent idea :thumleft:
AW11 Forever..!

Will you be bringing someone with you as single rooms are £65, so with the £39.95 party it will make it £104.95 for the night and a hotel room.

Let me know and then add your name to the list.

Cheers
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

What's the price diff single/double? Can't see that in the thread, unless I'm getting mixed up with party prices.... plus the number of phpBB database errors I keep getting at the moment doesn't help!
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

AW11 Forever..! wrote:Dan/Mark,

Good to catch up with you both @ JAE, this might be a good opportunity to meet your other 1/2's and will break the ice nicely.
Can you let us know ASAP if you want to attend as we only have 10 rooms.

Exactly what I was thinking reading the details Mike, I've just texted Jo to see if she can book the time off work. Fingers crossed :pray:
AW11 Forever..!

Party £39.95 person

Room Double £90 / Single £65

So £84.95 per person based on 2 people sharing a double room / £104.95 per person based on 1 person in a single room.

Cheers
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Right, me and Jo are definitely in for the Fri + Sat nights. :thumleft:

1. Peter and Reema
2. Jinxy +
3. Gordon and Alison
4. Michael and Joanne
5. Dan and Jo
AW11 Forever..!

Dan thats excellent, I think me and Jo will be joining you for the Friday night too.

Well thats half the rooms gone in 1 day, let us know ASAP if you can make it.
Lemon Secretary

AW11 Forever..! wrote:
Reema, it's £10 deposit per person and they will then send out the booking forms. Ideally we could do with booking this up quite quickly. At the moment they do have 10 double rooms available for us. If you fancy coming can you please make a quick decision and let us know by adding your name to the above list. Reema, maybe we could Paypal you the deposits and then you could make 1 payment.

Michael, no problem what so ever in people PayPal-ing the money to Pete and me making the booking. Just waiting on a few more names on the list. Can I suggest that we set a deadline of letting us know if you're interested to Sunday, 7th September and then deadline of deposits to be paid to me and Pete by Sunday, 21st September?
Michael, are there 10 rooms currently being held via Sarah at Mickleover and is there any paperwork being sent to you or should I call her and request this?
AW11 Forever..!

Reema,

We don't have the rooms provisionally held so we need to make it snappy, I agree with you that we do need a deadline, should we make it the 15th when we come back from Scotland, this will give people a little more time and give us a chance to spread the word a little, I'm fairly confident they will still have at least 10 rooms come the 15th. I spoke to Sarah yesterday but if you can look after the administrational side of things from now on that would be great. When you speak to Sarah just tell her that she originally spoke to me and the booking was for the MR2 MK1 Club as a reference.

Guys get your names down and £10 deposits to Pete ASAP.

Can we have Petes Paypal so we can send the money.
Lemon Secretary

Ok, so anyone coming along to the Christmas extravaganza, please could you do the following by Wednesday, 17th September:
a. put you names on list and indicate which night(s) you are staying over
b. send £10 per person deposits to Pete's PayPal ([email protected]) and PM when you have sent it so I can secure our place with the hotel
c. leave the rest to me!

1. Pete and Reema (Fri and Sat)
2. Jinxy + ?
3. Gordon and Alison
4. Michael and Joanne (Fri and Sat)
5. Dan and Jo (Fri and Sat)

cheers me deers :D
AW11 Forever..!

1. Pete and Reema (Fri and Sat)
2. Jinxy ( Fri and Sat )
3. Gordon and Alison
4. Michael and Joanne (Fri and Sat) PAID DEPOSIT
5. Dan and Jo (Fri and Sat)
6. Steve Kingsnorth + 1 ( Fri and Sat )

Should we have a fancy dress theme for the party, 70's 80's, film characters, pop characters, Pirates. Or should we make it a black tie event, you know dickie bow ties and shiney shoes, it is Christmas afterall.
Last edited by AW11 Forever..! on Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

I reckon keep it fairly smart but not black tie, as I would like to wear something comfortable whilst slowly getting hammered stuffing my face with Christmas pud ;)
AW11 Forever..!

Thats an extremely hard core valid point there Dan, I think I'll still wear my black tie and then just slowly undress towards the end of the night, then all Joanne needs to do is put me to bed like a baby!
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

AW11 Forever..! wrote:Thats an extremely hard core valid point there Dan, I think I'll still wear my black tie and then just slowly undress towards the end of the night, then all Joanne needs to do is put me to bed like a baby!

:shock:

The images of you in a diaper I have in my head right now really don't belong there. :pale: :lol:
Lemon Secretary

1. Pete and Reema (Fri and Sat) PAID DEPOSIT
2. Jinxy ( Fri and Sat )
3. Gordon and Alison
4. Michael and Joanne (Fri and Sat) PAID DEPOSIT
5. Dan and Jo (Fri and Sat) PAID DEPOSIT
6. Steve Kingsnorth + 1 ( Fri and Sat )

fancy dress or just generally smart dressing up is fan dabby dosy by me!! yay!!

COME ON GUYS GET YOUR NAMES DOWN AND MONEY PAID!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Lemon Secretary

guys, michael has just reminded me that paypal inconveniently charge a convenience fee of £1 per transaction (i think) :? . so dan and jo, don't worry i'm sure you can owe us £1, but for anyone else planning on paying shortly, please could you pay £10 per person plus £1 paypal charge (that's £1 charge in total, not per person) thanks all :wink:

Return to “Past Events”