[FINALIZED] 92 REv2 Tbar Tubby in Black £2.2k or £1250 stock

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Tiny

92 REv2 Tbar Tubby in Black £2.2k or £1250 stock

Post by Tiny »

Well ive had an offer i cant refuse on a Mk1 so shes up for sale.

1992 K Rev2 Turbo GT
10 Months Tax+MOT
110k on the clock but was converted from K to M at 66K the combined mileage makes this just over 85,000 Miles there is a sticker on the base of the instrument cluster that states the mileage and the firm that did the conversion. i will happily remove to show any potential buyers.

Interior is Black Leather the passengers seat is near mint with only a small split in the stitiching on the passenger center panel-side bolster seam. and the drivers seat is lets face it is not good its worn through the Side bolster and split in the base. I currently have a cloth drivers seat fitted whilst the other is removed for repair.
The car has a Momo wheel and boss in good condition with only some minor cracking around the top of the wheel An unsplit geargaitor with a silver gear nob.
There is a JVC Mp3 headunit that is connected up to a full set of infinity components and crossovers wiht Bass units in the behind the seat boxes and mids in the doors with infinity tweeters in the stock location. I have yet to hear a MR2 with a better sound system.

T Tops do not leak only when blasted with a pressure washer do you get a few drips in the car. with blinds but no bags.

I bought the car basically blind with no service history just a MOT and a Auto watch 160i alarm + certificate. so I had the cambelt, Idler's, Tensioner and water pump all changed for safeties sake. this was done at 90k Since then it has been into 3S for a myriad of other things as and when they have occured. inc thermostat and full coolant flush, a new caliper with receipts for all.
Oil and Filter changed every 6k with Toyota items and Mobil Super S 10-40 synthetic and new plugs only 3k ago.
New Drop links about 3 weeks ago

The body work is beautiful with only a Few Very tiny carpark dings as to be expected on a car this age but i keep the body work really clean and probably wax it too much. 8-[

Modifications
MBC set to 0.8bar (fitted at stock pressure but doesnt tail off when taken above 6k like a stock CT 26 will).
Cone induction with HKS intake piping.
G-Tech Twin Spal hood fans mounted to a Mirror polished SS plate
HKS Turbo sport exhaust (very similar to stock only bit more sporty tone and internal pressure valves that open after 5k and make it more sporty and freeflowing)
5zigen Border Fireball Exhaust (unfitted with Flexi in good condition)
SS Decat downpipe brand new unfitted
SS Scroll manifold unfitted bought to have fitted with some other mods in Feb.
SS Sidemount IC Brand new unfitted.with all piping, hoses and clamps
17" BKRacing R322 wheels in excellent condition with brand new tyres (my summer wheels with 2 inch spacer hubs to give clearance on the rear suspension)
Stock Rev3 wheels with almost new tread literally less than 1000miles on them (my winter wheels currently fitted)
EBC Redstuff pads and EBC Grooved anodised disks (unfitted bought to replace current disks+pads that will need changing in the next 1000 miles just havent had a dry weekend to change them.
Rev3 rear lights
Crystal front indicators with sidelights (small chip out of d/s reflector hardly noticable Stock JDM items available)
Strut braces polished alloy unknown make
PIVOT AFC (exactly the same as APEXI AFC unfitted as wanted to have fitted and set on a RR once the other mods were fitted)
tripple Autometer guages with senders in Bay (boost in PSI, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp oil temp unfitted as need sump tapped for sender AFR fitted in place)
Above fitted in tripple Din plate below stereo
Spare Cylinder head (unfitted) bought from a IMOC member who had it on his track car in good condition.
Cometic 1mm MLS Headgasket + full gasket set and cambelt change kit (Unfitted)
Red GT-S Badge (GTS Badge as some scrote tried to nick the GT badge and scratched the paint in the process so i bought a RED GT-S badge to cover the damage i had repaired the paint underneath but its still didnt look as good as before so GT-S)
Blue LED Dash and Alloy dial surrounds
I bought all the parts that are unfitted over the last couple of months to have them fitted at 3S in march where the car is booked in to have all the parts fitted as well as a CT20b (the only part i dont have)
they dont need replacing the only thing that actually needs doing is the valve shims as the cams are abit noisy and for the cost of new shims+labour i thought i would have the head ported/polished and a MLS gasket put in so that i could run higher boost safely.

Any questions please PM Me I may split some parts and reduce the price of the car accordingly

Pics
Side
Front
Side
Bonnet
At Goodwood on Sunday
BK 17" Split Rims
HKS Exhaust
PIVOT AFC
LED dash and Alloy Rings
5Zigen
GT-S Badge

I will sell the car Stock for £1250 with just the mbc disks/pads guages and the interior + ice fitted

and on Pistonheads
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/778430.htm

please give me some feedback on the ad if you think the price is right/wrong etc anything i have missed :thumleft: :shock:
Last edited by Tiny on Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
dmhoward82

Re: [FINALIZED] 92 REv2 Tbar Tubby in Black £2.2k or £1250 stock

Post by dmhoward82 »

Whats you no ill call you asap dibbs in this car :P
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

Please do not call Dibbs on the car and then Offer me £1k thats just rude! :evil: [-X

more pics for buyers
steve b

Post by steve b »

A fair price either way I think, I'm sure you'll get a buyer at one of those prices.
'02 VX220 2.2 n/a Daily driver - Exige Size TD 1.2 - TAT shorty Diffuser - HardTop - Chris Tullet 4-1 Manifold.

'97 mk1 Mazda Eunos Turbo track car with 260bhp/ton - soon more as Chris Wilsons going to build me an engine over the winter :o) .
poser

Post by poser »

I just google mapped 'hindhead'. D'Oh. Bit far, maybe.
ikarl

Post by ikarl »

looks and sounds like a bargain to me
Mike N

car

Post by Mike N »

How much MOT and road tax? and the pistonhead link does'nt seem to be working?

Cheers.
Last edited by Mike N on Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

thought it was missing something

10 Months Tax+MOT

Link works my end
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/778430.htm
Andytoyota

Post by Andytoyota »

Very nice, just to clarify, getting the car for £1250 what bits do you get with it? I presume you would take off much of the mods for that price? Have the valve shims been done as well yet?
Cheers
Andy
nikaiyo

Post by nikaiyo »

Dude, have you been smokin xxxx £1250 for your car???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Its worth double that all day- its the shineiest MR2 in the world :wink: even at £2500 I would not include the 5zigen or new brake stuff.

So yeah way way to cheap
Mike N

Post by Mike N »

Does it have an LSD box and the larger brakes?
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

the valve shims have yet to be done they dont desperately need doing its a little rattly at just when i looked at the price of getting them done i thought for that money £20+vat per shim! then labour Then may as well do the whole head polish port mls ct20 manifolds downpipe sidemount the works.

if you want it stock ill leave everything thats on it apart from the fans you can have the brakes. if you want the head the full gasket set and the MLS then it will be £1500 :thumleft:

Nikaiyo i know dude ill just have to make yours the shiniest mk2 as ill have the shiniest black mk1 8)

LSD i do not know ill check bigger brakes yes
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

ive had 4 separate pms from people on the forums about the fans ill sell the car for 2k witout the fans or 2.2k with.
Spanners

Post by Spanners »

Hey mate :) - sorry to see you're selling her already :(

Mike N - yes it does have an LSD !

You've brought that paintwork up beautifully dude it's an absolute stunner.

G
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

Thanks Spanners for the LSD info The Mrs is putting her foot down and i barely managed to convince her a mk1 would be ok (cheaper insurance, less fuel costs, tax, service myself etc)

BIG UPDATE! Had a chap come and look over the car today and he spent a good hour going over the underside of the car and had the wheels off and spent ages going over the engine/exhaust but we found the cause of the rattling which i thought previously was the Valve shims was a loose cat heat shield couldnt remove it as the nuts had rusted solid but the decat will fix that.

The chap who came today offered me £1500 for the car with all the parts to which i promptly told him to go swing =; hence its still for sale.
The decat i will include in the low price for a buyer. I think Pacific works do a decat or catgut for £80 all in :thumleft:
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

Is this still for sale? - I've got a couple of quid burning a hole in my pocket if it's now mechanically sound...

:thumleft:
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

yeah its still here got a guy coming tomorrow. will keep you posted.
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

Ok no worries, thanks for the speedy reply.
If your viewer doesn't have it I'll more than likely take it off your hands.

**toyota-mr2**

Post by **toyota-mr2** »

Send me a pm.

I want to buy the car.

Thanks.
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

Tiny wrote:yeah its still here got a guy coming tomorrow. will keep you posted.

Hi Ben, has your prospective purchaser been/viewed/bought the car yet?

Rowland

Return to “MR2s for Sale”