[Mk2] [Turbo] JapSpeed Twin Exhaust System - Some concerns!

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Pirate

[Mk2] [Turbo] JapSpeed Twin Exhaust System - Some concerns!

Post by Pirate »

Those that have had twins fitted , more especially DEP PRO , Japspeed e.t.c.

Did you have to cut the rear loop tow next to the exhaust exit? , because its just about touching and im worried that when driving its going to hit it and vibrate.

The exhaust wasn't a perfect fit , as the mid section had to be levered and basically pulled together to the backsection by the bolts/nuts as i tightened it up. Is this ok?

It all looks well and tight though , hopefully i can get it all up and running soon with with the new alternator bracket and alternator back on :roll:
Spittinflames

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] JapSpeed Twin Exhaust System - Some concerns!

Post by Spittinflames »

Yeah sounds about right, Mine was close to the tow eye but never vibrated.

As for the nuts and bolts pulling the system togeather yep, again mine was the same.

Pirate

Post by Pirate »

Well its all on and WOW with a downpipe this exhaust growls and its deep too :thumleft:
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

Yea I just cut that eye off incase of vibrations. Im not going to be towing anybody so dont need it and if I need towed I get towed from the front towing eye :thumleft:

Mine didnt line up too bad with the Flexi but maybe sw20paul adjusted one of the brackets slightly to make it a better fit? either way the flexi is deisgned to flex so should be fine :)

Are your exhaust tips perfectly round or does the pass side one have a slight dent in the top?

stand at your rear bumper and look straight down, does your drivers side pipe stick out about 1 inch further than the pass side?? Mine does but you dont notice it unless you do that
Pirate

Post by Pirate »

Steve-O 2007 wrote:Yea I just cut that eye off incase of vibrations. Im not going to be towing anybody so dont need it and if I need towed I get towed from the front towing eye :thumleft:

Mine didnt line up too bad with the Flexi but maybe sw20paul adjusted one of the brackets slightly to make it a better fit? either way the flexi is deisgned to flex so should be fine :)

Are your exhaust tips perfectly round or does the pass side one have a slight dent in the top?

stand at your rear bumper and look straight down, does your drivers side pipe stick out about 1 inch further than the pass side?? Mine does but you dont notice it unless you do that

The pass side has a very small dent but on the left not top , hardly noticable. Stood at the rear bumper and looked straight down they seem pretty much equal :|
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

maybe I have a dodgy one where the drivers side exit has been made longer by mistake. You can only see it when you stand at the bumper and look down, not many people do that I dont think so Ill be fine I think :mrgreen:

Overall its a very nice exhaust and sits so low I cant get my jack under it to jack it up from that middle bar (have to reverse onto some wood first) :shock: :shock:
Pirate

Post by Pirate »

:shock:

From what i've read isn't it supposed to get louder as the carbon builds up over time in the exhaust?
IronMike

Post by IronMike »

was it a straight forward job to fit mate? how long did it take?
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

Pirate wrote::shock:

From what i've read isn't it supposed to get louder as the carbon builds up over time in the exhaust?

yea I think it does :mrgreen:

You should hear the noise of the New M3 at work now that its all carbon'd up, it sounds evil :twisted: :twisted:

Mike - Yea its an easy job as long as your bolts arent seized on. Luckilly the blueflame on mine had only been on for about 8 months and they were easy to get off. Makes it alot easier if you have someone helping as well to pass the exhaust and things to you while your on your back under the car and while your bolting the exhuast to the flexi they can be bolting it to the mounts :) . Worst part was putting the downpipe to felxi section bolts on, what a pain with the flexi pipe being so thick, Managed to get hold of a thin socket that only just fitted but it wouldnt fit one of them so had to use an open ended spanner and a ring spanner, took ages that one.

Oh and I used exhaust paste as well as the gaskets to make 100% sure it was a good seal
Pirate

Post by Pirate »

I didn't use any exhaust paste , don't see or feel any leaks should i have put some on? :oops:
LiamTye

Post by LiamTye »

i didnt use any paste and mine is fine i checked for blows before i finished

i cant get a jack under mine either and mines not lowered

what i do is slide it from the side making sure the lowest part of the jack is obvoiusly at the lowest part of the exhaust and works fine for me but my jack maybe smaller than your mines a 2tonne jack so fairly small
fastgrant74

Post by fastgrant74 »

Any of you guys know what sort of db these are, with a decat?
LiamTye

Post by LiamTye »

Not got a clue but sounds very horny i know that much :twisted:
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

dont know but its loud. Louder than my Blueflame and that was loud :shock:

They look great, walk upto the car from behind and you just see the 2x back boxes inches from the ground reflecting like a mirror. Walk upto it from the side and it looks like you have a big single exit on it (untill you get further around to see theres 2 ;) ) :mrgreen:

Overall Definatly worth buying one!!!

Return to “Modifications”