my 442 bhp rev3 . now sold

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

3sgte

Re: my 442 bhp rev3 . now sold

Post by 3sgte »

the track was on RAF marham airfield there is an almost 2 mile long straight there :twisted:
lockys96

Post by lockys96 »

christ, you really think yhr mr2 will hit 180mph!!

i was going to atend this, but looks like it will be next year now.

i know my 4th gear pull is 130mph and i could only see that ending
in a 160mph top speed.

looks like you had some great fun

si
3sgte

Post by 3sgte »

lockys96 wrote:christ, you really think yhr mr2 will hit 180mph!!

I was shocked ,but here is the calculations i used

http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=1 ... calculator

i changed the stock wheel circumfrence from the 14" figure to the 15" figure ,then divided by 7250 and then multiplied by 8000.
Thats where the figure came from .it wasn't just a guess :thumleft:

i used this site to work out tyre circumfrence

http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible_pg2.html

No quoting of incorrect speedo readings here
mr2toby

Post by mr2toby »

This site is handy too.

Tells you your top speed in each gear :D

http://www.catherineandken.co.uk/sti/tyres.html
3sgte

Post by 3sgte »

mr2toby wrote:This site is handy too.

Tells you your top speed in each gear :D

http://www.catherineandken.co.uk/sti/tyres.html

excellent that means my calculations were correct

as it came up with 181 @8000 aswell \:D/
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

You'll never get 180 on a stock gearbox chap, even with the extra power.

165mph max on Andrew Standrings car which was running over 600bhp.
T
3sgte

Post by 3sgte »

I was only going by what the calculations told me .i had no gps or speedo to go ny ,all i knew was that i was pulling 8000 rpm in top gear :twisted:
Last edited by 3sgte on Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

LOL well yes you were shifting. :) But realistically 150-160mph IMHO. The gearing just isn't there on the MR2 for anymore, unless you modify. :)
T
splashnatz

Post by splashnatz »

8000 rpm on 17 / 18's or whatever will be well over 160 mph.

how long was spuds run - was it from a standing start - how windy was it - was he feeling brave enough to really go for it - lots of factors effect a top speed run like that.
Ryan.g

Post by Ryan.g »

Pfff 180mph

Some of the supra's i was mapping were doing 200+ mph on the gps at 8000rpm at marham mate :mrgreen:

But you were damn shifting on that straight i would say you were pushing 170- 180 mph

Ryan
splashnatz

Post by splashnatz »

2BAR Tuning wrote:
Some of the supra's i was mapping were doing 200+ mph on the gps at 8000rpm at marham mate :mrgreen:

Ryan

and they didn't give them clearance to take off ! damn those air traffic controllers !
EarL

Post by EarL »

Great stuff Marc. Richly deserved results mate. It's a great feeling isn't it? :wink:

Nice to see the suspension off my old Beast has been put to good use on a car with equal potential. Keep it up buddy. :thumleft:

EarL.
3sgte

Post by 3sgte »

EarL wrote:Great stuff Marc. Richly deserved results mate. It's a great feeling isn't it? :wink:

Nice to see the suspension off my old Beast has been put to good use on a car with equal potential. Keep it up buddy. :thumleft:

EarL.

Sure is a good feeling :thumleft:
The suspension is truly stunning when combined with 15" wheels, not so sure on 17's as it feels too skittish ,hence i will be going back to 16's as a compromise .

Roll on 2 bar ,and possibly an inlet manifold as i think that the inlet may start to become a restriction soon
EarL

Post by EarL »

3sgte wrote:
EarL wrote:Great stuff Marc. Richly deserved results mate. It's a great feeling isn't it? :wink:

EarL.
Roll on 2 bar ,and possibly an inlet manifold as i think that the inlet may start to become a restriction soon

Well, I can confidently say that when it's making that sort of boostl, you'll definately need a new set of undercrackers. :lol:

You'll also be surprised at how efficiant the stock manifold really is. It's good for a good few ponies yet. My old RMR made the motor a little laggy to be honest, and both myself and Deve Rowe commented on how much overkill it was for a road car. I'd wait and see what it makes at that level of boost. Ryan's old motor made over 500 with the stock manifold.

Drive careefull buddy,

EarL.
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

nice job dude!
:thumleft:
KO Racing

Post by KO Racing »

Excellent results. It's amazing it got fitted so quickly, and I apologize about the length of time it took to ship the kit as we were moving our entire shop to a new location as of the first of the year. I particularly like the fact that your results are some of the rarest to find where someone actually tested two turbos back to back to be able to quantify the difference. I would be very interested in the dyno plot once you have it available. Did anything else change on the car between the 46 trim and the GT3076R Street Brawlers (Track Haulers!)?
As a side note, I don't recall if we did a .7bar spring in your turbo kit or not, but it will be difficult to raise boost much beyond 22psi(1.5bar) ~ perhaps 1.6bar max ~ without having a stiffer spring in the wastegate. .7 bar is the default value we ship the turbo kits with.
KO Racing, Inc
www.koracing.net
2.2 Rev 3 engine
114 octane fuel, 29psi Street Brawler GT35R = 532whp
3sgte

Post by 3sgte »

KO Racing wrote:Excellent results. It's amazing it got fitted so quickly, and I apologize about the length of time it took to ship the kit as we were moving our entire shop to a new location as of the first of the year. I particularly like the fact that your results are some of the rarest to find where someone actually tested two turbos back to back to be able to quantify the difference. I would be very interested in the dyno plot once you have it available. Did anything else change on the car between the 46 trim and the GT3076R Street Brawlers (Track Haulers!)?
As a side note, I don't recall if we did a .7bar spring in your turbo kit or not, but it will be difficult to raise boost much beyond 22psi(1.5bar) ~ perhaps 1.6bar max ~ without having a stiffer spring in the wastegate. .7 bar is the default value we ship the turbo kits with.

I will get some of the dyno prints scanned and email them to you kris .
I have a graphs of most things ,afr's ,boost ,power and torque ,I also have a graph with the old SB46 and the new GT3076 results on at the same time .
It is worth noting that on the road i reach 1.5 bar by 3800 rpm ,That was 100rpm quicker than the SB46 ,And although the GT3076 starts spooling later it takes less rpm to reach full boost .

Kris could you tell me what i need to reach more boost ,is it just a case of changing the spring ???
KO Racing

Post by KO Racing »

3sgte wrote:Kris could you tell me what i need to reach more boost ,is it just a case of changing the spring ???

Yes, you would simply need to change the spring in the wastegate -- but care must be taken in doing so as there is a lot of tension on it, and a diaphragm that can be pinched when reassembling. I'd recommend removing the wastegate from the car and using a bench vise to hold it together, removing the 6 socket head screws, and then to slowly open the wastegate and remove the spring. Then the opposite with the new spring taking care of the diaphragm and slowly re-clamp it down and reintall the socket head screws.

A 1bar spring would allow stable boost control up to a bit over 30psi of boost.
KO Racing, Inc
www.koracing.net
2.2 Rev 3 engine
114 octane fuel, 29psi Street Brawler GT35R = 532whp
EarL

Post by EarL »

KO Racing wrote:
3sgte wrote:Kris could you tell me what i need to reach more boost ,is it just a case of changing the spring ???

Yes, you would simply need to change the spring in the wastegate -- but care must be taken in doing so as there is a lot of tension on it, and a diaphragm that can be pinched when reassembling. I'd recommend removing the wastegate from the car and using a bench vise to hold it together, removing the 6 socket head screws, and then to slowly open the wastegate and remove the spring. Then the opposite with the new spring taking care of the diaphragm and slowly re-clamp it down and reintall the socket head screws.

A 1bar spring would allow stable boost control up to a bit over 30psi of boost.

Got to echo that there Kris,

I remember helping change a spring in situ for one of the other members on here, shortly before last years TOTB. We did it on AndyF's drive, and holy mother of god, it was a nightmare to get back in. Bruises, skinned knuckles and a lot of blue language ensued! :lol:

Having said that, we did have the 1 bar and the 0.7 bar spring in there... :lol:

EarL.
TubbyTwo

Post by TubbyTwo »

well Marc was goo enough to take me for a ride on sunday afternoon.

I can quite honestly say the accelleration is violent! :twisted: :twisted:

I thought it was bloody fast with the other turbo but this just feels unreal!

had a look at the dyno graphs as well, Ryans mapping is nothing short of amazing!

its one seriously fast car. :D :D :D \:D/ :clap:
2003 Leon Cupra R, stage 2 Jabbasport remap to 280bhp

MR2 now sold :(

Return to “Member Profiles”