QJDynamics downpipes (the IMOC group buy)

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

MegatronUK

Re: QJDynamics downpipes (the IMOC group buy)

Post by MegatronUK »

Just a question... who from either group buy (downpipes or fan kits), HAS actually received their stuff yet?
KyzarVS

Post by KyzarVS »

Well I got my fankit =D>

I paid at the beginning of April, and received the kit about ten days later - to be fair I was emailed by James that he had some better looking bolts on order for the fans, would I like to hang on for them?, so I did. Delivery wasn't too bad, I'm in the process of writing a review which I will be sending him over the next couple of days.

Kyz.
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

I don't come on the imoc much as I'm working shift but Toni G pointed out this post.

Ok

The fans are nothing to do with QJDynamics, hence the cheques are made payable to a different account. Not an excuse but please don't take it out on QJD

Redeye your fan kit has been sent as i said.

SFlee thanks for ringing me and clarifying I had sent your goods, they should be with you too by now.

Scuba I sent you an e-mail regarding your payment being short of the total amount.

Have you got your downpipe now megatron? TC07 has got his? and they were posted together. If you don't recieve it before thurs you can have your money back in full, together with the downpipe that will arrive on your doorstep.

I am sure that you should all get your bits within the next day or too and if you haven't then something is wrong. When you get your items please notify via this topic as this seems bad on us and we have honestly sent out items that we have said we have.

I have posted other items to other people and they have recieved their's, however they are not posting on here?

If anyone wants to contact me then PM me for my phone number.

Thanks,

James
MegatronUK

Post by MegatronUK »

James, still no downpipe here. No cards saying about missed delivery either - though my father runs his garage next to the house anyway, so there's always someone around to take deliveries.

I'm sure theres a reasonable explanation for all the things that have happened along the way but the fact is that would not have been an issue if I (I can only speak for myself here) had had more communication from you.. rather than prodding for the situation at every point. A simple posting on here something like "Sorry lads, can you wait another week, the downpipes need re-doing"... or "haven't had time to post them off yet.. will try and get it done this weekend" would have prevented all this brouha.

I'm not one to cause trouble, and I certainly don't want to see your little venture dissapear down the plug hole.. but if these simple issues were sorted then I reckon most of us wouldn't have such a problem with whatever the length of time it takes.
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

Megatron,

Just rung you to try and find out if you had it? Maybe I got the wrong J.H.Snowdon :oops:

The thing that hets me is I have been responding to every e-mail the night I get it :?:

TBH after this run we are lying low until the summer. We will be at santa pod and will probably do some runs? Just tweaking the engine now we have sent out the groupbuy items that have been paid for.

We will be carrying a light amount of stock at the show, for display purposes mainly. Come give us a look and maybe a slap :eye: although hopefully a hug \:D/ when you get your bits as i'm sure you'll love them.

Are goal now is stockbuilding and R&D were working on two other cars as well so we will not just be doing MR2 stuff.

Thanks,

James
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

Message from TC07

Hi, James, yes downpipe arrived today, and very nice it looks too. Problems with the long delivery period aside, the quality looks excellent. Welding is perfect, very securely packed, looks like a top quality product.

Gonna be a couple of weeks till I can get it fitted unfortunately, but I'll post my opinions as soon as I get it on.

Cheers,

Tom
screech

Post by screech »

is mine ready - so i can make my payment? you said you didn't want payment from me beforehand so can i do it now? it's just that my new turbo should arrive on a week wednesday and i need the downpipe as well

thanks, nathan
KyzarVS

Post by KyzarVS »

Additional on my earlier comments:

I had some problems with my fan kit - most of which down to my own ham-fistedness and despite getting emails asking for feedback, I only bothered to contact Jim about them this evening.

He's taking my fankit and engine lid back, fixing the problems with the collapsed threads on my lid (nothing to do with his kit causing that problem) and also replacing the gas strut I managed to muller. I am his nightmare customer :tongue: but he's come up with a pretty damn good offer to help me out with problems he could easily say were nowt to do with him.

Also should point out that the fans have been in my car for about 1000 miles now and make a fantastic improvement \:D/

Kyz
TC07

Post by TC07 »

As my other post says, my downpipe definitely arrived last Friday (6/5/05).

Hi, James, yes downpipe arrived today, and very nice it looks too. Problems with the long delivery period aside, the quality looks excellent. Welding is perfect, very securely packed, looks like a top quality product.

Gonna be a couple of weeks till I can get it fitted unfortunately, but I'll post my opinions as soon as I get it on.

Cheers,

Tom
redeye32uk

Post by redeye32uk »

Its now Tuesday 4.45 p.m. an still no fan kit, not a happy chappy ](*,)
KyzarVS wrote:

Also should point out that the fans have been in my car for about 1000 miles now and make a fantastic improvement \:D/

Kyz
450wbhp comming soon
MegatronUK

Post by MegatronUK »

Just to let folks know that I received my downpipe this PM. It's also now fitted to the car.. so no problems there :wink:

Several points to make:

1. Quality is second to none. I certainly have no negative comments to make about it.... it really is top notch and MASSIVE \:D/ ... I can't emphasise that enough.

2. QJ / James etc.. may well have a problem with his delivery methods. My package was delivered, as I said, this PM... strangely however, the Royal Mail postage mark with printed barcode and post date etc.. lists the sent date as 09/05/05. Even if James did send the pipe off last night (and he seemed genuinely shocked at the post date when he called again today to see if I had it!), then I highly doubt that it would have gotten to me today via Royal Mail (overnight carriage company perhaps)... but I am assured that it was sent at the same time as TC07's :-k If this is the case, then the cause of others peoples delay may well turn out to be the same thing... ie some lazy oik at his local Post Office.
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

Thanks very much for your comments James and the help with finding out about my potential delivery problem. I will investigate this and rectify the situation through raised voices at the counter :x

I am glad you are pleased (I Knew you would be).

We have put a lot of effort into getting that product just right and It is a shame we have let ourselves down with poor timekeeping. I can say that this will not be a problem in the future as we now intend to build up a nice level of stock prior to taking future orders.

For anyone else waiting please be patient is my plea and feedback postal dates on packages.

Thanks once again to you all,

James
MegatronUK

Post by MegatronUK »

btw, its John :wink:
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

OOPs :oops:

My Bad John. :oops:

Cheers,

James ( least I think I am :? )
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

To see what will be arriving on your doorstep shortly (dam Royal mail) or has arrived already please see this link

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... 8179#78179

Thanks,

James
redeye32uk

re fan kit

Post by redeye32uk »

James , you got P.M.
450wbhp comming soon
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

Just had a chat to redeye32uk and he has suggested I need to e-mail people with instructions for fan kit fitment. I am rushed off my feet with work and making stuff at the moment so I won't be able to do so until Sunday at the earliest. I would prefer instead if I could contact people via e-mail or telephone. If you drop me your number via PM I will get back to you at a convenient time for you. In the mean time I will make a simple word file for fitment.

Thanks,

James
redeye32uk

Post by redeye32uk »

:lol: \:D/ \:D/ :P =D> Well my fan kit was waiting for me when i got home from work today an very happy i am with it. James, the post date on it was 7/5/05 an unless you used tape with post office printed all over it down one side it looks as if its been opened an taped back up again. Still its all there so i hope to fit it this weekend an would just like to add "its a dam fine bit of kit" so if the discount :wink: is on for future bits i will be on to you in the future. P.S. a wireing diagram wouldn't go a miss.
450wbhp comming soon

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”