[Mk2] [Turbo] A sad day.......

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

paul t

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] A sad day.......

Post by paul t »

If you want a number of a guy who paints cars in swansea and he does a good price for cash and his paint work is a1 as he worked in bmw with me .Paul
deadhumancollector

Post by deadhumancollector »

thanks for the words of support guys. I am still in limbo on what to do, so i'm not gonna rush into anything just yet.....good words of wisdom :thumleft:

Paul, i would appreciate that number if you dont mind, i wouldnt mind finding out the all in cost to put her right.

thanks

Simon
THE DUKE

Post by THE DUKE »

I'll vouch for how much of a top lad Simon is! Uber helpful and a very nice chap... I say keep the car and kill the vandals!
Mikey P MR2

Post by Mikey P MR2 »

matt black respray either the car or just the bonnet for now, could do it diy as and when required might not be to everyones taste but its easy to sort if it gets keyed again and means you can keep the mr2.
smiffy1982

Post by smiffy1982 »

excuse for a carbon bonnet? :twisted:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3Vd--sK5kPQ
paul t

Post by paul t »

pm,ed you his number .Paul
nakamura

Post by nakamura »

smiffy1982 wrote:excuse for a carbon bonnet? :twisted:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3Vd--sK5kPQ

Yeah but what if the scatch the carbon?

But yeah keep the car. You will miss it too much. Trust me. :(
tubby_mr2

Post by tubby_mr2 »

yer man keep her you will regret sellin it ask martin!!!!!!!!!!

If i would ave known he was selling up i would ave drove down and slapped some sence into im lol lol lol
nakamura

Post by nakamura »

LOL i dont regret selling mine. But i want to build another.
Olly P

Post by Olly P »

I call the CT26 hybrid!

:pray:

Sorry, couldn't resist. Car vandalism really annoys me.

Two nights ago, I woke up due to some noise outside my flat. When I opened the curtains, I was greeted by the sight of three c un ts on kicking a car in. After they finished, I went out to see the car (an 07 plate golf) and no joke, every panel was dented. I was so angry. Called the police and gave good descriptions of the guys but what more can you do ](*,)
deadhumancollector

I call the CT26 hybrid!

[Pray]

i was wondering how long it would be until the vultures set in :wink:

What is wrong with people these days? are some people so unhappy with their own little lives that they have to try and ruin everyone else's? all i'm trying to do is make mine a little better by buying things i like and working hard for them only for someone else to come and ruin it. :roll:

I am in the sort of mind right now to refuse to let them kill my love for my car......i'm swinging towards keeping her. If i ever needed a pep talk then here it is......thanks dudes , this place is worth its weight in gold :thumleft:

I bought the bmw and the mr2 is going to undergo some surgery 8)
Amelio

Post by Amelio »

Good call my man. :thumleft:

Hey, make sure you take a before and after pics...it'll be good to see those a$re monkeys didn't beat you.
paul t

Post by paul t »

What bmw have you got your self as i have worked on them for years
excalibur1814

Nice

Post by excalibur1814 »

You know, you're 100% right when you say that people have no life and to make themselves 'feel' like a 'big man' they have to resort to being idiots. None of us are in school anymore, there's nothing to gain from any of this and I am constantly baffled by some people's actions.

Everyone I personally know wouldn't even consider doing anything to someone's car and if someone does have a problem, why don't they come up to you and say, 'hey, I have a problem with you' and if needs be, descend back into the playground and get the anger out. At least in 'school' you'd have a scrap (lol) and get it over with. Whoever did this is simply a big girl and in no way should they get away with it. I know it's money, I know it's painful, but I'd rather drive the car as a wreck than let the idiot(s) get away with it.

Don't let anyone take away your pride and some of that pride is with your car, your home, your loved one's. Sooner or later, with luck, whoever did this will get theirs! See where the cameras are in work (If they have one) and park there.

:evil:
Harry

Post by Harry »

Hey Simon Mate, seriously gutted for you bud and seriously angry too! I would hold back on the paint job set up a camera surveillance both in and out the car and bait the culprit then when found tattoo the word xxxx to his:face,back,stomach,ar$e,legs and arms with a fine blunt rusty piece of scrap metal chisel!!! :evil:

Meantime don't let looser turds allow to put you; off ,down ,de motivated, mentally, physically, emotionally, spiritually or in any way or form possible including your desire, hard, work and passion and love for your MR 2 work and activates!!! :+: Chin up mate lets move on and crack on getting your baby sparkling again! :wink: :D
deadhumancollector

Paul, I bought a 318is - 1998 got it cheap as chips and it is absolutely mint - the fuel savings alone in this are gonna pay for the spray job over a couple of months and i should be back on track.

cheers harry, kind words mate, believe me i've put a lot of thought into the consequences for the guy if i find out who it is.

Well my mum of all people put it in perspective yesterday, the one person who i thought hated my car the most - she said she would be devastated to see me get rid of the car and can't imagine me owning anything else with such passion. she has been the one who has made me hundreds of cups of tea on cold weekend mornings while i take chunks out of my knuckles on her driveway :lol:

The other thing is the predicament of what the hell else would i buy that offers the same fun/enjoyment as the MR2. its a weird car really, there is not a lot out there for the money that offers the same pace, handling, looks.

We are lucky people to own these cars and it is just so unfortunate that people envy us sooooo much - knobs

:lol:
paul t

Post by paul t »

The 318 is is not a bad car but i bet you find it so slow after your mr2 but you can still have fun in it , if you want me to see if i can flat and polish your bonnet for you just so it looks better let me know as i only live in burry port.Paul
Harry

Post by Harry »

paul t wrote:The 318 is is not a bad car but i bet you find it so slow after your mr2 but you can still have fun in it , if you want me to see if i can flat and polish your bonnet for you just so it looks better let me know as i only live in burry port.Paul

:D :clap:
deadhumancollector

what exactly do you mean by flat and polish the bonnet? my apologies i've been up for many hours already and my head isn't working :lol:
paul t

Post by paul t »

Where the marks are you flat the paint with a 2000 grit paper and then buff the paint back up it will look better or if they are not to deep you may not have to paint it .Paul

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”