Evo vs MR2 turbo Rev 2

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Mike_2t

Re: Evo vs MR2 turbo Rev 2

Post by Mike_2t »

The MR does these figures straight out of the box ;)

luthor1 wrote:I am not finding anything hard to swallow, at all!!

So for £9,300 you get 4.5 to 60, sub 11 to 100, top speed at the rev limiter of 165mph.
Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

Mike_2t wrote:I could go and trawl youtube and find many more vids showing the results the other way round but I don't need too as like I previously said they dont prove a thing. The Evo was built to actually go round corners not just straight lines ;)

Spittinflames wrote:Evo passenger " COME ON!!! "
Evo driver " He's pretty fast "

LoL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbCiQAl52xQ

And another

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G21Fnmjo668

and a mk1 doing pretty well too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPU__XMWFfw

Not an evo but another 4wd boy getting shown up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztNMUEuH_XY

Not saying an mr2 will trounce all over an evo or sti but you've got to give the mr2 credit. especially when a 94 car is going up against an 06 car.

You know i knew you'd say they dont prove a thing... but i thought i'd post them anyway. If nothing else it gives me something to do.

Why are you now saying that the evo was built to go round corners, wasnt it you just a few pages back saying that the mr2 couldnt launch as quick as an evo.

I to have had an evo my friend so it's not like i havent got experience in this subject. :roll:
Last edited by Spittinflames on Mon May 28, 2007 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike_2t

Post by Mike_2t »

You may have the figures to match the standard Evo BUT the Evo will still outperform the MR2 due to its handling abilities ;)

luthor1 wrote:I am not finding anything hard to swallow, at all!!

350bhp reliable on the MR2 is £3800.

Suspension sorted is £1500.

Brakes sorted are £1000.

Purchase price (my Rev2) £3000.

So for £9,300 you get 4.5 to 60, sub 11 to 100, top speed at the rev limiter of 165mph.

The value of that car would then go up to say £5,500 or so? So you've spent £3800.

But your Evo MR, keep it for 24 months, lose more than £3800!!
luthor1

Post by luthor1 »

Yeah, and an '03 FQ300 is still £15,000!!

Swoosh! And THATS that game!
Mike_2t

Post by Mike_2t »

Good for you, and I have owned three MR2's so I have vast experience with both cars.

Spittinflames wrote:
Mike_2t wrote:I could go and trawl youtube and find many more vids showing the results the other way round but I don't need too as like I previously said they dont prove a thing. The Evo was built to actually go round corners not just straight lines ;)

Spittinflames wrote:Evo passenger " COME ON!!! "
Evo driver " He's pretty fast "

LoL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbCiQAl52xQ

And another

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G21Fnmjo668

and a mk1 doing pretty well too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPU__XMWFfw

Not an evo but another 4wd boy getting shown up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztNMUEuH_XY

Not saying an mr2 will trounce all over an evo or sti but you've got to give the mr2 credit. especially when a 94 car is going up against an 06 car.

You know i knew you'd say they dont prove a thing... but i thought i'd post them anyway. If nothing else it gives me something to do.

Why are you now saying that the evo was built to go round corners, wasnt it you just a few pages back saying that the mr2 couldnt launch as quick as an evo.

I to have had an evo my friend so it's not like i havent got experience in this subject. :roll:
Mike_2t

Post by Mike_2t »

Best recheck your figures... £13k will net you and FQ300. and will be a newer car than the 10K MR2.

This thread has gone waaaayyyy off subject so I apologise to the original poster.

luthor1 wrote:Yeah, and an '03 FQ300 is still £15,000!!

Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

Mike_2t wrote:Good for you, and I have owned three MR2's so I have vast experience with both cars.

Spittinflames wrote:

VAST experience hey!!..... Good for you
Mike_2t

Post by Mike_2t »

Correct! Having tuned the Rev3 myself I know where the limits are. All in all I had MR2's for 6 years.
luthor1

Post by luthor1 »

The MR2 requires YOU to tune it, and understand what you want and how to do it.

Tuning an EVO is simple relatively.

I think you just didn't know what you were doing when you tuned it, hence you had a bad experience (or 2) and we are heading towards huge power reliable MR2's and with modern suspension and things we are learning all the time (like the Rubberised UJ in the steering) we are resolving the inherent handling issues with our beloved cars.

I've said it in 3 threads now, let's meet, eat lunch, drive spiritedly, enjoy a sunny afternoon and learn something! I want to see this EVO pull away mid corner due to my cars lack of grip/handling. I want to SEE it. Because I never see it. I corner at the same rate and hold on down the straights.
luthor1

Post by luthor1 »

figures checked AND confirmed...

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/ca ... _full.y=11

and that's only the FQ-300!!! 300bhp!! That's not enough mate!!
luthor1

Post by luthor1 »

Mike_2t wrote:Best recheck your figures... £13k will net you and FQ300. and will be a newer car than the 10K MR2.

This thread has gone waaaayyyy off subject so I apologise to the original poster.

Best re-read mate, that 10k MR2 even if you are ROUNDING is only a £9k MR2, and it will retain more residuals over a couple of years than your FQ-300.

Face it, EVO is waaay more expensive, depreciates faster, and is only MARGINALY cheaper to tune!!
Mike_2t

Post by Mike_2t »

The only '2' that I would even think of having a chance is a Rev3+ as they were just a better platform but still years behind in development to the Evo.
Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

Alright i think 5 pages of this is enough now.

People who own an mr2 will always defend it as will you owning the evo.

Both good cars in there own right but two completley different cars aswell.

Mike_2t enjoy your evo :wink:
Mike_2t

Post by Mike_2t »

The fact you have invested 10K into an older cars means you lose money faster, you will never get that money back end of!

http://www.lancerregister.com//showthre ... did=153559

luthor1 wrote:
Mike_2t wrote:Best recheck your figures... £13k will net you and FQ300. and will be a newer car than the 10K MR2.

Best re-read mate, that 10k MR2 even if you are ROUNDING is only a £9k MR2, and it will retain more residuals over a couple of years than your FQ-300.

Face it, EVO is waaay more expensive, depreciates faster, and is only MARGINALY cheaper to tune!!
Mike_2t

Post by Mike_2t »

Fair enough, was just a bit of banter really... You are right about each owner defending his/her purchase.

You boys enjoy your MR2's.

Spittinflames wrote:Alright i think 5 pages of this is enough now.

People who own an mr2 will always defend it as will you owning the evo.

Both good cars in there own right but two completley different cars aswell.

Mike_2t enjoy your evo :wink:
luthor1

Post by luthor1 »

/shakes hands

:thumleft:
Mikejc

Post by Mikejc »

How do you think you Ego would fair against my own car Mike, in all areas? Serious question :cyclops:

MikeJC
Mike_2t

Post by Mike_2t »

Unfair comparison, heavily tuned against bone stock? Like for like power wise the Evo will hand you your ar$e ;)

Mikejc wrote:How do you think you Ego would fair against my own car Mike, in all areas? Serious question :cyclops:

MikeJC
shibby!

Post by shibby! »

Mike_2t wrote:Unfair comparison, heavily tuned against bone stock? Like for like power wise the Evo will hand you your ar$e ;)

Mikejc wrote:How do you think you Ego would fair against my own car Mike, in all areas? Serious question :cyclops:

MikeJC

lies!

like for like! Erm sorry dude total balls!

300bhp Mr2 is faster than a 300bhp Evo.

My standard Rev 3 is equal with one of the new Evo's fq 300.

Just look up the local 1/4 mile track websites, they post listings of all the cars there.

My stock Mr2, (except for downpipe at the time) managed 13.5, looking up my local site, for sundays race standard evo's getting 13.8. Obviously non standard evo's were getting faster.

So what extra do you get for the extra 9k?

Extra 2 doors? extra Weight?

:) :) :)

nick
Mike_2t

Post by Mike_2t »

Balls to you mate. you seem to have a limited grasp on reality, a stock Evo will run your quoted 13.5 all day every day!

'So what extra do you get for the extra 9k? ' A newer more accomplished car... next?

Return to “Driving Experiences”