Apexi Coilovers - Assistance required

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

IainF355

Apexi Coilovers - Assistance required

Post by IainF355 »

Hi Folks,
I'm just in the process of fitting some Apexi N1 pro coilovers to my MR2 Turbo.
Does anyone on the forum have these fitted?
Mine have apexi top mounts, and I'm not sure which way they should face. The four bolt configuration at the front means they could face either way (in the left-right plane), but I'm not sure which.
It look like the original drop links will fit (length-wise) unlike the Tein ones for example which need to be quite short. Is this the case? I'm tempted to replace them with new ones whilst I'm doing this. What's the best source for these?
And last of all :oops: does anyone running these have any suggestions for settings for rd use. I'm running 18's with 225/40's and std roll bar.
Many thanks,
Iain.
Jode

n1 coilovers

Post by Jode »

Hello there, i have these fitted to mine, they were on it already so i cant really give any information about fitting . but i will get you pictures of what ever i can if u like. And i will be able to get better pics after i get my jack back and get the front wheels off, getting the rears off is a pain in the backside due to the recessed bolt holes.
Where did you get them as i need to rebuild mine, they are slightly damaged. :roll:

I do love these coilovers, mine are on the softest damper setting aswell which everyone laugh when i tell anyone whos just been in it :mrgreen: :twisted:
IainF355

Re: Apexi Coilovers - Assistance required

Post by IainF355 »

Crikey, softest damper setting it is then.. :shock:
Good to know, thanks! What size tires are you using?
Mine were an e-bay special. I don't really know how they'll be until I get rolling, but they seem ok for starters.
What I'd like to see is how the top mounts look on the fronts. A pic from under the bonnet should suffice. If you could rustle something up that would be much appreciated :D
Cheers,
Iain
Jode

Post by Jode »

hellooo, im running 205/45/16 on the front and 225/45/16 on the rears currently. Getting you a picture of under the bonnent will be no problem, as long as my memory stays on track :roll: .
yeah softest out of 13 damper settings heheheheheheheh \:D/ makes cattle grids fun if you go to slow :D
Matty_GTS

Post by Matty_GTS »

I got them too ... if you offer them up to the top of the iner arch you can pretty much tell if there the rite way or not.

With the top mount set centrally they will either sit in the center of the top opening or off center.

I had this problem recently when re-fitting mine finding that i had positive camber and no more room to make adjustments!

They have got to be the hardest ride i have ever felt in an MR2!
IainF355

Post by IainF355 »

Thanks for that Matty, I remember seeing a post which had mentioned you were running apexi's.
Looks like I'm in for a firm ride then, oo-er missus 8-[
Which way is the off centre you referred to? If you open up the bonnet and stand in front of the car, is the top nut on the strut body inside of centre, or outside? I think this relates to the positive camber issue you mentioned, but as I haven't put my whls back on yet, I'm not sure which way is right!
Cheers,
Iain
Jode

Post by Jode »

Here you go bud i hope these help you if you still need them

anything else you would like to see, carefull now lol :roll:
IainF355

Post by IainF355 »

Ah, that's spot on Jode. :D
Thanks for doing that - just what I was after! =D>
Cheers,
Iain
Matty_GTS

Post by Matty_GTS »

Rite thats how mine is but after a chat with Bry im changing them round.

Problem i have like it appears you have is there set to the max for negative camber leaving no room for adjustment, ok if your wheels arre as you want them but i have positive camber on the fronts :? and no room for more adjustment!

I do enjoy looking across at the missus when going down a bumpy road ... quite distracting!! :wink:
Jode

Post by Jode »

Oh my god yes thats a distracting result for sure, have you ever driven in to bracknell on the A329M, big yellow speed stripes that look about a foot wide, they do provide a good rhythm indeed :mrgreen: :twisted: =D>
When driving on my own they are just annoying.
theonetowatch

Post by theonetowatch »

Just stumbled on this thread I know that bit of road great for looking at boobies since I fitted mt Cusco coilovers.
scotiamr2t

Post by scotiamr2t »

awesome coilies, very very firm ride though.

IMO, they are too firm for constant road use (even on softest setting), but on track, where they were designed for they are awsome.

rears are simple to fit, fronts are just as easy, i would advise on new drop links though. old tired ones and the firm ride is not a good combo
Jode

Post by Jode »

yeah ive had these on the car for a good while now and im replacing them with a set of Tein super streets, hopefully!

i love the apexi ones but the roads raound here just arnt up to it, and its a real drain whem im already tired.

mmmm boobs

Return to “Modifications”