Supporting mods for 15psi

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mr299ron

Supporting mods for 15psi

Post by mr299ron »

What are the best supporting mods/components for running 15psi on a rev 2?

Intercooler
3" downpipe
ensure all ignition components are up to date (not a mod but just maintenance)

What else?
2barGee

Re: Supporting mods for 15psi

Post by 2barGee »

Charge cooler. Induction kit. Exhaust. EBC. Check fueling.
Get ready to change to a metal head gasket
mr299ron

Post by mr299ron »

Berk Intercooler will be sufficient enough. Fueling is fine, just swapped in a new fuel filter and the stock system is good for a little more power.

Headgasket.. hmm.. people have said it'll either be fine or it won't be. I don't rag the absolute balls off the car, and neither do you need to with the CT26, so I'm gambling on it being okay.
markstevieandmads

Post by markstevieandmads »

You ask a question...then go and proceed to give your own answers...
:?
mr299ron

Post by mr299ron »

It's called conversing/debating/talking.
mr299ron

Post by mr299ron »

mr299ron wrote:It's called conversing/debating/talking.

Everyone everywhere thinks they know everything, so people can give their opinion, I can give mine, and then others can give theirs on either what I've said or their own completely.

Please think before speak :D :D
markstevieandmads

mr299ron wrote:It's called conversing/debating/talking.

To yourself?

You clearly ask a question. Someone answers. Then you state what you are going to do anyway? I'm obviously missing something here.
mr299ron

Post by mr299ron »

Man people get so salty on here!

Either comment something useful or not at all mate.
markstevieandmads

Must just be me then. I apologise.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

15psi on rev2? Metal head gasket, 540cc injectors, standalone ecu, chargecooler or a better (cooler) flowing turbo with decent sidemount intercooler Probably worth upgrading all service items as well.

You'll more than likely get detonation and your head gasket will blow. No if's, ands or buts about it.
rev3turbo

Post by rev3turbo »

Every few months or so it seems some muppet comes on here starting a million threads asking for advice, then ignores advice given and does what they want anyway... which is usually always the cheapest option

Crack on :thumleft:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

rev3turbo wrote:Every few months or so it seems some muppet comes on here starting a million threads asking for advice, then ignores advice given and does what they want anyway... which is usually always the cheapest option

Crack on :thumleft:

Until all the problems they were advised come to a head then they go off mr2s stating they are unreliable, i remember a few years ago a member forged his engine, whacked up the boost on stock fueling and put holes in all 4 forged pistons! \:D/
mr299ron

Post by mr299ron »

Im not ignoring anyone.

Screw this forum, you're all clearly too busy with whinging at people to actually comment with advice.

Some have actually been really helpful, but others have been like 12 year old girls.

And Im allowed to disagree with someone when I think they're wrong. If no ones allowed to then whats the point in this forum? The reason I fking disagree/argue against people is because I've seen other opinions elsewhere and it's good to get a debate going of different opinions so you can get a little scope as to what is right and what is wrong. If youre going to fking slate me as soon as I say anything other than "oh youre so right man. oh let me suck you off cos youre so right" then how are you supposed to learn.

Again, I think upgrading the injectors is wrong, as I've researched the stock fuel system is good for more bhp then I'm currently at. Why cant I argue back with this? Someone could then step in and backup the point of upgrading your injectors.

I also think chargecooling at 15psi isnt necessary, but thanks for the advice. Maybe I should ask why you would think that over an ic at only 15psi? But no, ill clearly get moaned at by some moron who thinks they have to be right.

You're all clearly pi$$ed off with me because of the amount of threads/posts ive made recently. But I dont care. Ive only recently attained the car and Im excited to learn more about it. If you get upset over some kid posting on your little forums and you dont like it then you should probably re-evaluate your life.

Take a step back and actually look at how salty you are being.

Im going to leave this forum, and to most of you thats great news. Thanks for the help to the people who genuinely helped me.

Others.. well, have fun on your high horse.
Last edited by mr299ron on Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rev3turbo

Post by rev3turbo »

mr299ron wrote:

But im sure youre all be happy now, as im going to leave this forum and bother some other.

Thank ++++ for that

mr299ron wrote:

Thanks to most of you that were helpful.

you are welcome :thumleft:
mr299ron

Post by mr299ron »

http://www.koracing.net/viewarticle.php?article=10

Look at the stage 1 and stage 2 requirements.

Mr2 Primer has also suggested similarly.

This is why im giving my "own" answer.

Mugs.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Yep, that website is useless since it's for U.S spec cars using low grade U.S fuel which the usdm ecus are deigned to run with. Also, everyone knows that the U.S bhp figures are grossly overstated.

The reason you should upgrade your injectors is because anything over 12psi (correct me if i'm wrong on that as it may be 14psi) and your injectors are running at 100% duty. It's not ideal...in fact it's not good at all. Upgrade to rev3 fuelling or go full standalone. This is the advice (that you've asked for) that every single member on here will give you with regards to your question. You're welcome for the advice :thumleft:
bobhatton

Post by bobhatton »

mr299ron wrote:http://www.koracing.net/viewarticle.php?article=10

Look at the stage 1 and stage 2 requirements.

Mr2 Primer has also suggested similarly.

This is why im giving my "own" answer.

Mugs.

That is for the cars made for the USA, not the ones made in Japan that we all have in the UK
Designer for turbo set ups on F1 cars, and Nitrous Oxide Systems of the USA in the 80s
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

mr299ron wrote:Berk Intercooler will be sufficient enough. Fueling is fine, just swapped in a new fuel filter and the stock system is good for a little more power.

Headgasket.. hmm.. people have said it'll either be fine or it won't be. I don't rag the absolute balls off the car, and neither do you need to with the CT26, so I'm gambling on it being okay.

Yeah mate the berk will be up for the job.

I'd maybe get a wideband on just to check the fueling just to be on the safe side. Might be worth throwing in an upgraded fuel pump if you'll be going for more & more power in the long run.

I'm sure a ran 1.1 bar on an ATS ct27 on a rev2 set up and my stock fueling was fine on the wideband.
markstevieandmads

rev3turbo wrote:
mr299ron wrote:

But im sure youre all be happy now, as im going to leave this forum and bother some other.

Thank ++++ for that

mr299ron wrote:

Thanks to most of you that were helpful.

you are welcome :thumleft:

Agreed....when you going?

Many people have done what you have been asking on here so are passing on their experience. If you decide to do something different then by all means its your car.
mr299ron

Post by mr299ron »

Gee Man wrote:
mr299ron wrote:Berk Intercooler will be sufficient enough. Fueling is fine, just swapped in a new fuel filter and the stock system is good for a little more power.

Yeah mate the berk will be up for the job.

I'd maybe get a wideband on just to check the fueling just to be on the safe side. Might be worth throwing in an upgraded fuel pump if you'll be going for more & more power in the long run.

I'm sure a ran 1.1 bar on an ATS ct27 on a rev2 set up and my stock fueling was fine on the wideband.

Awesome thanks for the heads up mate. I won't be going any higher for a little while, it's fast enough as it is lol. But I'll keep that in mind!

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”