May have have bought a 1995 rev 2 turbo but yet to view and check probs

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Hez

Re: May have have bought a 1995 rev 2 turbo but yet to view and check probs

Post by Hez »

Take your time and like said before you can find a decent rev 1 Or 2 for 1500, glad you didn't hand any money over lucky escape , at best you would probably have to break it to recover the money provably hassle you don't need.
craig

Post by craig »

As above, lucky escape me thinks.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Scarey stuff buying a car unsighted .. if it had a rev3 engine and was not a ringer (clear hpi) .. could be worth a punt .. not something I could tell from the add.. lucky escape me thinks too ..

Keep us informed if your looking at other cars .. lots of experience on this site from members happy to help :thumleft:
nickg07

Post by nickg07 »

Uk bumpers always would concern me with front and rear impact damage..
2mad

Post by 2mad »

nickg07 wrote:Uk bumpers always would concern me with front and rear impact damage..

:thumleft:
Connor376

Post by Connor376 »

Buy mine for £1500 ;)
MR2 Turbo - Mods to come!!

What we do in life, echoes in eternity
craig

Post by craig »

nickg07 wrote:Uk bumpers always would concern me with front and rear impact damage..

Agreed. Plus, import rear bumper and front import plate holder look better too, so why change them?
2mad

Post by 2mad »

RedMR² wrote:

Agreed. Plus, import rear bumper and front import plate holder look better too, so why change them?

True .. with out seeing the car it just strikes me as shady .. i quite like the car (good price if rev3) would need to see the engine and hpi 8-[
masterbateson

I am a naughty boy

Post by masterbateson »

I am going to write out some lines as punishment later for being a naughty Boy and causing the seller any hassle.

Basically I am guilty of being in a rush in getting a mr2 turbo, I had been on my way to see another one earlier in the day, but with traffic probs i had to turn round 80 odd miles off and then another buyer would have got there before me anyway.
So as soon as i got to my hotel that aft as i was staying away i hit the web, so that and put in an offer expecting a email/message or summat followed by a phone call and then a doing a deal.
I nearly fell of my chair when i got back from mt tea and found a message for a receipt for my purchase.

Anyway I have texted and emailed the bloke to apologise in backing out as in all honesty (i got spooked) and also called him to straighten things out.
I told him i was calling him to apologise and give him the opportunity to call me a F*&$ing C*%t!!!! or what ever else came to his mind, if he wanted of course.

Lessons learnt, dont be in to much of a rush,especially after one thats got away from you.

On another note, some things might not stack up with this car, but of course there may be perfectly honest and reasonable things behind it, and I may have just let a bargain go through my hands because im a bit of a chicken.

BTW if anyone knows a car or has a car please let me know or post some pics on here.

Ta
#-o
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Better pictures would have really helped his coarse .. a rev3 engine sat in the engine bay .. must admit id be temped .. but I'm an idiot lol always looking for the silver lining :wink:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Re: I am a naughty boy

Post by Ryan S »

masterbateson wrote:I am going to write out some lines as punishment later for being a naughty Boy and causing the seller any hassle.

Basically I am guilty of being in a rush in getting a mr2 turbo, I had been on my way to see another one earlier in the day, but with traffic probs i had to turn round 80 odd miles off and then another buyer would have got there before me anyway.
So as soon as i got to my hotel that aft as i was staying away i hit the web, so that and put in an offer expecting a email/message or summat followed by a phone call and then a doing a deal.
I nearly fell of my chair when i got back from mt tea and found a message for a receipt for my purchase.

Anyway I have texted and emailed the bloke to apologise in backing out as in all honesty (i got spooked) and also called him to straighten things out.
I told him i was calling him to apologise and give him the opportunity to call me a F*&$ing C*%t!!!! or what ever else came to his mind, if he wanted of course.

Lessons learnt, dont be in to much of a rush,especially after one thats got away from you.

On another note, some things might not stack up with this car, but of course there may be perfectly honest and reasonable things behind it, and I may have just let a bargain go through my hands because im a bit of a chicken.

BTW if anyone knows a car or has a car please let me know or post some pics on here.

Ta
#-o

I wouldn't give it a second thought man, you bid in haste then were spooked after speaking to some folk on the owners club, the car did come across as a bit shady, and to be honest there are better cars for the same money out there, at least you had the decency to call and apologise :thumleft:
masterbateson

Post by masterbateson »

Well went and viewed the car I briefly bought then backed out of.
All I can say is I am glad i didnt just pay for it and get it transported up to me.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

masterbateson wrote:Well went and viewed the car I briefly bought then backed out of.
All I can say is I am glad i didnt just pay for it and get it transported up to me.

oh dear, what were the issues? was it a rev3 turbo engine right enough?
masterbateson

Post by masterbateson »

I'll not go into detail in public on here, but will drop you a Pm or anyone else who wants 2 know the scoop.

He is still selling it, so think I'll allow him a bit of discretion.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

masterbateson wrote:I'll not go into detail in public on here, but will drop you a Pm or anyone else who wants 2 know the scoop.

He is still selling it, so think I'll allow him a bit of discretion.

Got your pm :lol:
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

sheppy wrote:it shows up as blue in the tax/mot checker as well. Sounds dodgy. :-k

That could just as easily be DVLA incompetence. My old Rev4 was originally registered as black. It's kind of correct, it was a sonic shadow.
masterbateson

Post by masterbateson »

To be fair it was a kinda bluey green.

The colour discrepancy was the least of my concerns.
8-[
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

masterbateson wrote:To be fair it was a kinda bluey green.

The colour discrepancy was the least of my concerns.
8-[

Yeah that's true, seriously doesn't help the sale though, although nor does a trail of water along the ground in the adverts! You've dodged a massive headache man, keep your £1400 and look for some others for sale then chuck them on here. The members will spot any discrepancies etc before you know it :thumleft:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”