[Mk2] [Turbo] lobe center JUN 264 cams?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

bambam79

[Mk2] [Turbo] lobe center JUN 264 cams?

Post by bambam79 »

Hello everyone,

does anybody know the lobe center of JUN 264 intake (1004M-T002) and exhaust (1004M-T102)cams?
I contacted JUN themselves (as well as several aftermarket sellers), but unfortunately I got no answer :(

Thank you very much

Robin
fingers99

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] lobe center JUN 264 cams?

Post by fingers99 »

I'm not sure I know what you mean.
ashley

Post by ashley »

He wants to know the centre points of the cam lobes on the JUN camshafts, presumably with reference to the TDC marks on the camshafts. With this information he can then start dialling them in in the absence of any instructions from the manufacturers.

Best bet is to measure them on the engine I reckon...

Did you get any info on the JUN cams from ATS in the end?
bambam79

Post by bambam79 »

No, unfortunately JUN didn't respond to my email. ATS answered quickly but they didn't know the lobe center themselves. They only suggested to use the backplate marks to start from and doing the rest on the dyno.

But I found out that the user NoddE has exactly the same cams and he gave me the following advice:

"I am now on 264 on both sides. 110 for intake and 115 for exhaust side is correct.
I did however retard the exhaust cam more than it would have been with the 115 lobe center line. I think i retarded the intake slightly to. Say something like -2 on the intake and -4 on the exhaust in relation to those lobe center numbers as i thought the top end suffered to much with those numbers. My opinion with those jun numbers is that they give good compression and good mid range but torque drops of to fast at high rpm.. reason for my retarding."

Unfortunately I still hadn't the time to measure my squish area and to solve that fuel pressure problem. I hope I can find some time doing that next week.
And I can now check how far my camshafts are out \:D/

Return to “Modifications”