[FINALIZED] 94’ MR2 Turbo GTS Rev3 Tintop SMG

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

CooperTurbo

Re: [FINALIZED] 94’ MR2 Turbo GTS Rev3 Tintop SMG

Post by CooperTurbo »

Look, all i'm saying is, if I'd have known it didn't drive as it should I would never have made the 100- odd mile trip.

Why didn't you mention in your advert (or to me) that as soon as you reach full boost it suffers major fuel cut?

Instead we waited til a test drive for this to become apparent. How could this NOT leave a bitter taste after wasting a whole night/journey?! It would never end well and any potential buyer will want to drive it and make sure it revs freely to the red line - it's what you do with this type of car.
jamesD81

Post by jamesD81 »

Is this still for sale?
alfa_wax

Post by alfa_wax »

Yes it is.

Sorry for late reply, haven't been on here for a long time.

Just to add it was also MOT'd in April and flew through with no advisories.

jamesD81 wrote:Is this still for sale?
_Al_

Post by _Al_ »

OP - Where abouts in London are you based? I'm based inside the M25 so if you're not too far away then I may be able to take a look if we can agree a time and location.

I'm a long standing member on here and MR2OC, albeit not a hugely frequent poster. I previously helped someone on here with a similar dispute with a garage and was able to resolve the fault during my visit so I'm reasonably competent with these cars.

I don't know either the seller or the disgruntled potential buyer so I could come along, take a few photos and provide an independent take on each point raised in the debate.

Coincidentally I'm also interested in buying a rev 3+ turbo, though I'd prefer a t-bar as my three previous MR2s have been tin-top. It'd have to be utterly exceptional for me to contemplate buying another tin top.
Feedback Bot

Post by Feedback Bot »

This Sale has been completed. The Buyer was None

Return to “MR2s for Sale”