blitz access ecu

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

4ndee

blitz access ecu

Post by 4ndee »

Now im aware this will open a big can of worms, but does anyone use one? im not sure whether to go for one or get stand alone.
bobhatton

Re: blitz access ecu

Post by bobhatton »

4ndee wrote:Now im aware this will open a big can of worms, but does anyone use one? im not sure whether to go for one or get stand alone.

You only need to go with a stand alone ECU when you need to fit bigger injectors
Designer for turbo set ups on F1 cars, and Nitrous Oxide Systems of the USA in the 80s
4ndee

Post by 4ndee »

im not sure if i want to go big power yet, i am intending on keeping the car some time but cant decide.

As far as i am aware the blitz ecu removes fuel cut and raises boost to 17psi? and has more aggressiveness map and timing?

I cannot seem to find out if its good or not, i can get one cheap but some people say there awsome and some say there rubbish
the bear1986

Post by the bear1986 »

I to am looking in to this so I can aim for bigger power but who maps these as I've come from vag and a scooby so the stand alone ecu is mapable.
4ndee

Post by 4ndee »

there not mappable they are pre programmed maps
the bear1986

Post by the bear1986 »

Ok so how does these work then if you don't mind me asking? Do you need certain mods for the maps to work or do you just plug it in and it learns what you have and maps accordingly? Sorry for the questions but this is a learning curve for me.
modifiedmayhem

Post by modifiedmayhem »

They may have been mapped to specific cars with specific mods, you would probably get similar results using boost controller on a standard ecu. if i had a mr2 i wouldn't want to be putting an ecu on my pride and joy with an unknown map on it. :-k
4ndee

Post by 4ndee »

i was under the impression they were all the same maps only differ on revisions. Surely as its not mapable its just a chip
modifiedmayhem

Post by modifiedmayhem »

4ndee wrote:i was under the impression they were all the same maps only differ on revisions. Surely as its not mapable its just a chip

It may not be mappable as such but it is running an unknown map from somewhere, if they are all the same then what mods did they use for the original base map ? , ie. exhaust, filter, what boost etc. it may work fine, my point is you don't know for sure what you will be using on your car, i have heard of these ecu's causing problems with peoples cars before IIRC :-k
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

They are mapped for a car with breathing mods, mapped for up to 22psi, rev limit raised, speed limiter removed and fuel cut removed, they are pretty good for what they are, plenty gains over the stock ecu, although this is a daughterboard attached to a stock ecu. I run one on my car, it's great :thumleft:
4ndee

Post by 4ndee »

thats what i suspected they are set up for a car with air filter exhaust and de cat i.e basic mods
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Yeah, quite tricky to find info on them.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”