[Mk2] [Turbo] Adding a supercharger to an existing turbocharged 3S-GTE

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Olly.Dent

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Adding a supercharger to an existing turbocharged 3S-GTE

Post by Olly.Dent »

Cheers Mike N, Peter from sbits very kindly pm'ed me some dial in sheets a couple of nights back. :thumleft:
kingsley

Post by kingsley »

bobhatton wrote:The car is used for sprints and I can only get 265 tyres on the rear. It will have anything from 650 to 1200 HP, and the max revs will be around 9000.
The main problem with any two wheel drive car is getting the power to the ground so by bringing in the boost later I hope to stop a lot of the wheel spin.

I can't see how having the same torque in at higher rpm will be any less likely to spin it, you've still got the same tractive effort at the wheels surely? Then again, I know nothing about sprints.

1200 HP from a 2 litre? That's going some, even at 9000rpm ... or have you got something much bigger in there? Curious to know how much boost you're going to need for that.

Cheers,
Kingsley.
ashley

Post by ashley »

The wheel are already turning once you're at 3.5k rpm, so less likely to spin than when ramming home loads of torque from a standstill I guess.

1200 horses from 2.2 litres...a fekin huge turbo, lots of revs and race fuel :eye:
kingsley

Post by kingsley »

ashman wrote:The wheel are already turning once you're at 3.5k rpm, so less likely to spin than when ramming home loads of torque from a standstill I guess.

1200 horses from 2.2 litres...a fekin huge turbo, lots of revs and race fuel :eye:

Lots of boost too I would expect!

Is it even possible to get much boost below 3500rpm on a 2.2 litre engine from a turbo big enough to make 1200bhp? I wouldn't have thought that low rpm wheelspin would be much of an issue on such a setup.

Cheers,
Kingsley.
ashley

Post by ashley »

Yeah- I think we're all keen to see how Bob's build turns out, I'm guessing there's going to be a lot of post cylinder fueling going on in there...probably race fuel and NOS as well :?:

Return to “Modifications”