Mk1A seats into Mk1B (opinons please)

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

coanda

Re: Mk1A seats into Mk1B (opinons please)

Post by coanda »

LeSpank wrote:I think the mk1a red/back seats would suit that car very well.

Pretty much any seats you like will fit though by modifying/swapping the rails!

There are some great bargains on eBay - I got these, which are quite similar to SE seats at a fraction of the cost:

Excellent. Have some out of an SW20 to go in - what frames did you use? I understand you can get Bride rails for the AW11.
cabbydave1

Post by cabbydave1 »

If they were fitted to a sw20 all you have to do is drill the spot welds out of the mounting brackets on both seats and simply bolt the mk1 brackets to the sw20 seats. There is a link on here somewhere
coanda

Post by coanda »

That would be great, but unfortunately the SW20 rails are gone. The person I bought them off was using the seats in a civic.

I also have a pair of SSRG seats with the rails, and I did wonder if the process could be as simple as you've suggested for these rails.
FossMan

Post by FossMan »

cabbydave1 wrote:If they were fitted to a sw20 all you have to do is drill the spot welds out of the mounting brackets on both seats and simply bolt the mk1 brackets to the sw20 seats. There is a link on here somewhere

Yeah this is pretty similar to what I had to do to fit the Recaros in mine. Drill all the welds off the factory seat brackets till i was left with just the runners. Measure them up against the new seats and bolt the mr2 runners to the base of the Recaros.

All you need is a drill, a pile of spare bolts and washers, a measuring tape and some patience.
sketch1987

Post by sketch1987 »

Im either going to try n fir rx8 front seats of if i can find them at a reasonable price elise s1 or s2 seats

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”