[Mk2] [Turbo] New forged engine will not idle TOOO RICH !

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

george_m

[Mk2] [Turbo] New forged engine will not idle TOOO RICH !

Post by george_m »

Power Fc with datalogit, JE pistons,HKS 264 exhaust and 272 inlet cams that I degreed to 103 and 110 deg, I expected the idle to be a bit rough but this is so lumpy and rich. I also have an ATS uprated fpv which was ok on my 540 injectors.
It starts up fine and blips up ok
Sard injectors 800 set to 67.5 % and 0.56ms but cannot get it to idle and its running pig rich.

Altering the fuel injector settings makes no difference even if I set them to 60% Did a sensor check all looked good apart from wideband o2 so have disabled it via datalogit but its still rich. I checked all the vacuum pipes and all looks well cannot see anything obvious

Any ideas guys as I want to book a mapping session but I don want to wash down the bores
3S Service Centre

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] New forged engine will not idle TOOO RICH !

Post by 3S Service Centre »

book a mapper that will come to you house.
James
call James on 01256 883386 or 07786073755
Kongaroo

Post by Kongaroo »

If you are using Sard 800cc low impedence injectors (part number 63517) then you will want a much lower lag time of 0.19ms in your power fc injector lag box when replacing the stock 540cc injectors on a rev 3 turbo.

Putting too high an injector lag number can cause the engine to run rich because you are telling the powerfc that your new injectors take a lot longer to open than they actually do.

You could also check that you haven't altered your base fuel pressure as injectors will flow higher CC at higher fuel pressures.
george_m

Post by george_m »

All good now thanks guys I forgot the fuel pressure was increased with the ATS FPRegulator, I have now reset them and corrected the lag times.

I did my first gentle road test yesterday and then booked a remapping session for next Tuesday so will need to put a few more miles on the clock first
javascript:emoticon(':)')
Kongaroo

Post by Kongaroo »

Glad to hear you got it sorted. Good luck at the dyno and don't forget to post your results :thumleft:

Return to “Modifications”