[Mk2] [Turbo] Garrett Turbos, Tial Wastegates and Stock Manifold

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

bolton

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Garrett Turbos, Tial Wastegates and Stock Manifold

Post by bolton »

nice but look at the price! unless goin mega bhp i wouldnt bother with one of those! lol!
GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

Price? Thats a good price $800 works out around £500quid, full race manifolds (The only 'tubular' manifold i would ever use) go for nearly 1k the last time i checked.
stock isnt that soup or something.....?

tic tac 500bhp build thread
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... 57#1182357
bobhatton

Post by bobhatton »

GTS GAV wrote::shock: That looks the dog danglees and not as bad price , do you no of anyone who is running one of those manifolds bob?

Not a bad price, $1400 to $1900, sounds lots to me.

More info here

http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=399840

Bob
Designer for turbo set ups on F1 cars, and Nitrous Oxide Systems of the USA in the 80s
bobhatton

Post by bobhatton »

GTS GAV wrote:Price? Thats a good price $800 works out around £500quid, full race manifolds (The only 'tubular' manifold i would ever use) go for nearly 1k the last time i checked.

Read it again. That is just to get the work started.

More info

http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=379034

Bob
Designer for turbo set ups on F1 cars, and Nitrous Oxide Systems of the USA in the 80s
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

GTS GAV wrote:Price? Thats a good price $800 works out around £500quid, full race manifolds (The only 'tubular' manifold i would ever use) go for nearly 1k the last time i checked.

thats just the deposit :wink:
bobhatton

Post by bobhatton »

He makes inlet manifolds to

http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=403005

Bob
GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

Holy crap!! Thought that price was to good to be true haha 8-[ I would have to sell a kidney and live in a tent for one of those :lol:

greeny

Post by greeny »

GTS GAV wrote:Holy crap!! Thought that price was to good to be true haha 8-[ I would have to sell a kidney and live in a tent for one of those :lol:

Full-race makes some top quality stuff. Had no problems with mine at all.

The stuff Jeff/racerx makes some great stuff for the MR2 aswell.

Gav, Didnt you pay mega money for a TTE manifold though! :mrgreen:
GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

Double post
Last edited by GTS GAV on Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

Yeah agree with you about the full race that's why I said there the only tubular manifold I would fit, when I said I would have to sell a kidney at that price I was reffering to the manifold bob had posted

yes i paid £850 for the inconel tte mani reasons being its proven and plus it will never ever crack :), but bair in mind I bought a bundle of stuff from andy most of which I never used sold an made money on, worked out I paid about 550 which is a damn good price as there are only 8 or so of them ever made, I also have someone ready and waiting to take it off my hands when I come to break so will double my money, :mrgreen:
Last edited by GTS GAV on Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greeny

Post by greeny »

GTS GAV wrote:Yeah agree with you about the full race that's why I said there the only tubular manifold I would fit, when I said I would have to sell a kidney at that price I was reffering to the manifold bob had posted

yes i paid £850 for the inconel tte mani reasons being its proven and plus it will never ever crack :), but bair in mind I bough a bundle of stuff from andy most of which I never used sold an made money on, worked out I paid about 550 which is a damn good price as there are only 8 or so of them ever made, I also have someone ready and waiting to take it off my hands when I come to break so will double my money, :mrgreen:

Your breaking it? :shock: I thought you'd just about finished it and was ready for mapping!
GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

No no you read wrong dude when I come to in a few years, the fella who wants it, is a friend and will never ever sell his 2, The car and tracking it etc was never goin to be something I could afford todo long term just want to have as much fun as I can while I'm young and have hardly any responsibilities, you no, then when I have to concentrate on my career I will move on make my money come back and do something really epic, that's the plan anyway :lol:

Shmed

Post by Shmed »

Ok, so now I have a more expensive option :?

I priced up the Full Race mani and downpipe and it comes in at around $2200 delivered (with the black HPC), about £1400 with taxes.

Bob, I like the suggestion, but that is too complicated and rich for me.

Or I just get the adapter shown in my first post and see how it fares - a bit of a custom downpipe might cost a bit, but still nowhere near Full Race.

My last option is the possibility of a Rogue custom made manifold and downpipe, but I am waiting to see if that is a real option.

At the minute, I'm on the Full Race page, but that will change thorughout the next week or two I'm sure.
sjm1984

Post by sjm1984 »

I'm sure i seen the pheonix power car breaking had a full race manifold with a T4 footprint

Maybe sign up to the mr2oc USA and post a wanted post for a full race manifold
Rev 3 Kris

Post by Rev 3 Kris »

i was very tempted with racer x manifold was just about tp place order before i stopped with my mr2

Shmed

Post by Shmed »

Wow, that is nice!! So how much would that be delivered to my door?
Rev 3 Kris

Post by Rev 3 Kris »

http://www.racerxfabrication.com/index.html
have a look at his site and drop him an email
Shmed

Post by Shmed »

For anyone else considering this option:

If using 321 steel for the manifold, 304 steel for downpipe, Jeff also advised getting a half hardline oil return:

£2000 delivered (including taxes)
:-k
GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

Hmmmm that is rather expensive and do you really need to spend that sort of cash dude?

Speak to T I M at t B and I can assure you he will say the same as me, the T b adapters were very well thort out an believe it or not qot alot of development behind it, they work not only that but they work very well as has been proven many time. If your not looking to push your engine past 1.6bar I would just stick with the stock mani dude.

2 things about the racer x kit, 1 I can't see any bracecing at all on that pic, imo supporting the turbo just with the manifold itself is asking for troubles regardless of the highgrade of steel he's using, 2 is why is the down pipe made from 304 instead of 321 surely if 321 is on offer you would just use that as I can't imagen cost are goin to be all that drastically different?

Honestly tho dude save your self some cash get on the blower to T I M about a kit it will do the job nicely :)

Shmed

Post by Shmed »

Yep, spoke to Tim but as I already bought my turbo and other bits of the kit, he can't sell me just the adapter - I kind of understand as I think his markup is made on the turbo itself.

I'm not really considering spending 2 grand on the exhaust and downpipe, although it does look the mutts!

I have a few weeks before I'll be fitting the turbo kit back on, so will just bide my time for now. I'd much rather spend the cash on some nice shiny coilovers and stuff, rather than a bloody manifold.......

Return to “Modifications”