anybody want a really quick rev3?

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Ren0W

Re: anybody want a really quick rev3?

Post by Ren0W »

What if the other ones you have driven where "faulty" engines... and lacking "normal" bhp-figures and handling?

That would make this one feel quicker, if this is a "good" engine.
almostaverage

Post by almostaverage »

no rust to bottom of either door.
undertrays were removed for ease of fitting handbrakes and sealing the car , but are with the car.
rossdymond3352

Post by rossdymond3352 »

Could it not be that other MR2's you have driven in the past have been underpowered? This example may just be running as it should!

Just my initial thought!
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

ah, my old car.

i owned this up until march 2009.
the best mr2 i've owned, easily.

i can vouch for the 'extra umph' it seems to have..

it had never been on the rollers when i owned it, but when i sold it it had uprated leads, SARD induction & a remapped/chipped stock ecu, which raised the revs slightly and adjusted the fuelling.
(this came in from japan like that so i'm not sure what the ecu was)

obviously i dont know if its on now, but it was certainly quick at the time.

i put alot of TLC into this when i first got it, and clearly you have also!

G.L.W.S
:thumleft:
RobPhoboS

Post by RobPhoboS »

Is the car still for sale ?

If so...
Where are you based (something I can chuck into google maps will be useful). :thumleft:
hunter184

Post by hunter184 »

where abouts do u live anyway ur mr2 is in me price range i might be interesated if u had more pics.
Rustyracing

Post by Rustyracing »

hunter184 wrote:where abouts do u live anyway ur mr2 is in me price range i might be interesated if u had more pics.

I can spel reel good like innit an me gramma is triffic

You have a full keyboard with a computer, no limit on words or characters, and whole keys dedicated to punctuation, please make use of them.
wiggee

Post by wiggee »

if both you guys say it has extra performance why dnt you get it dyno'd just for the sake of knowing , i know i would. :thumleft: It may increase its value . Some people dnt know what they have until its sold . I recently purchased a very cheap celica st202 , that has a g-corp japan vip bodystyling,and afew apexi goodies .

I owned a cr-x ef8 sir many moons ago that was sent over from an auction house , i wish i had dyno'd it before i sold it ( owned it 3 yrs ) , it was very very fast right through the revs to 9500rpm but had little visual modifications . It seemed to rev above average with a feels ecu map , im assuming cams also but never found out. :cry:
chorlton

Post by chorlton »

almostaverage wrote:i have a black tin top gt rev3 (import)
i dont know what has been done to it , but what i do know is it is way quicker than your average mr2. obvious mods are very few, sard induction and lowering springs and app brake lines. apart from that looks bog standard.

I like the look of it, is there any chance you could email pictures of the interior, or indeed add them to the advert? More importantly, does the AC work?
TbarSAN

Post by TbarSAN »

Rustyracing wrote:
hunter184 wrote:where abouts do u live anyway ur mr2 is in me price range i might be interesated if u had more pics.

I can spel reel good like innit an me gramma is triffic

You have a full keyboard with a computer, no limit on words or characters, and whole keys dedicated to punctuation, please make use of them.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
almostaverage

Post by almostaverage »

sorry for the lack of replies on my part , actually thought this thread was dead and buried.
i started to strip the car to sell as parts, due to lack of initial interest, couldnt bring myself to fully break it though (oppolgies to the member who commited to buy the engine) and ended up buying parts to replace parts sold.
anyway car is still for sale , is now fitted with turbo engine lid, turbo mongoose exhaust and adapted flexi and is taxed and being used on a daily basis, or atleast weekly basis.
so thats mot june 11 and tax jan11. 137000kms /86000 something miles and that is the correct mileage as it still measures both on the trip and on tacho in kilometers.
i havent bothered having it rolling roaded , still maintain its very quick rev3 though and sounds awesome.
still has the same detremental issues of roof needs repainting and the scratch to front drivers wing and aeriel needs fixing
still has zero rust.
id still say the car is better suited as track car, as it isnt easy to drive slowly but very easy to find yourself amassing points if that makes sense.
car is located in postcode area dn22.
so as stated still for sale although not actively listed for sale . if it sounds like something you would be interested in drop me a line, come have a look , at the very least you will get a drive and a cuppa

Return to “MR2s for Sale”