anybody want a really quick rev3?

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

almostaverage

anybody want a really quick rev3?

Post by almostaverage »

i have a black tin top gt rev3 (import)
i dont know what has been done to it , but what i do know is it is way quicker than your average mr2. obvious mods are very few, sard induction and lowering springs and app brake lines. apart from that looks bog standard.
no history was with the car although i have traced the car to another forum were there is quite alot of history on it.
it is moted untill may27th 2011 but isnt taxed.
i was going to track it but cant afford to . totally rust and accident free with very straight body and pretty good astral black paintwork.
i know its not your usual for sale advert but if anyone has genuine interest in owning a rust free very quick rev3 , with just about full mot get in touch and all other relevent questions can be answered.
im looking for a quick sale in the region of £1500ono
has new brakes all round , pads , calipers , discs and handbrake cables. brand new rear tyres and refurbed alloys. alternator change , excedy clutch kit and new window screen. PICS ADDED, sold with the standard alloys!

Last edited by almostaverage on Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BLZ-8027

Re: anybody want a really quick rev3?

Post by BLZ-8027 »

:ttiwwp:
michael

Post by michael »

Pics of everything please - cash could be waiting if you take the time to advertise properly.... :thumleft:
ToyotaTosh

Post by ToyotaTosh »

Pictures please !
jem

Post by jem »

What makes you think that this is quicker than a normal REV3?
almostaverage

Post by almostaverage »

i dont think. its not exactly the first one ive owned.
drive the car for yourself and you would see what i mean .
jem

Post by jem »

So what sort of power do you 'think' its running?
almostaverage

Post by almostaverage »

more than standard. feel like your banging your head against a brick wall yet?.
no printout or rolling road . ive driven it, and many others and its quicker than standard. have you got a standard one to compare it to ?, if so bring it down and we can put them side by side.
its not just power really, its also the way it is delivered. way different to others, loads of torque from word go and revs forever.
jem

Post by jem »

Well I was interested, but with your attitude I'll look elsewhere thanks.

Good luck with the sale.
Mikejc

Post by Mikejc »

almostaverage wrote:more than standard. feel like your banging your head against a brick wall yet?.
no printout or rolling road . ive driven it, and many others and its quicker than standard. have you got a standard one to compare it to ?, if so bring it down and we can put them side by side.
its not just power really, its also the way it is delivered. way different to others, loads of torque from word go and revs forever.

A salesman you are not. Might do well to check your attitude chum....if you put an ad up claiming such things it's only natural that people will ask questions.

I for one wouldn't go near your car, your self or any other item you happen to advertise in the future.

Sorry but you come across as an angry little burk......... not the exhaust variety either!
JimmyTheKosh

Post by JimmyTheKosh »

Cant moan about the guys attitude when he's doubted straight away about the cars performance.
I would react the same way.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Has it got an imoc sticker on it? They add 20bhp each.
Mikejc

Post by Mikejc »

JimmyTheKosh wrote:Cant moan about the guys attitude when he's doubted straight away about the cars performance.
I would react the same way.

Nobody has doubted the guy, he's made a claim that the car is faster than normal and interested parties have simply asked why he thinks it's faster, he reacted badly from there.

If selling something potential buyers will naturally ask questions as their right. The buyer ought to do his best to answer the questions in such way as to not put the buyers off. Going on the offensive as he did was un called for.

Why I'm having to explain this to you in beyond me, if you had read the posts better we would only have one numpty on this thread instead of two. Maybe you should by the car.... lol 
almostaverage

Post by almostaverage »

guess im going to have to take afew lessons in terminology.
if the impression was i was coming across on the offensive with my answer, then i oppologise to the person i answered (jem), because that wasnt the intention .
as for the other detractor to my selling skills, and any other item i may sell, you staying away is a good thing in my book "chum".

and after all that, if i havent managed to allienate everybody who might have had the slightest interest in the car, please feel free to ask any relevent questions that havent already been covered. guess i wont hold my breath though lol.
Mikejc

Post by Mikejc »

Recovered like a gent..... Good luck with the sale
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Most people on this forum are MR2 buffs so will want to know what's been done to it and why it is faster. It'll pay off if you do some investigating and find out what has actually been done to the car and if it is even more powerful at all.

Being an NA it's hard to see how enough power has been released without it being obvious. Highly tuned NA's rely on heavily worked on heads with leary cams. The result is a pretty loud engine, lumpy idle, high RPM limit etc.
jem

Post by jem »

Exactly. For example to be noticeably quicker than my pretty standard engine wise REV3 it would need to be at least 185-190bhp.
almostaverage

Post by almostaverage »

matt_mr2t wrote:Most people on this forum are MR2 buffs so will want to know what's been done to it and why it is faster. It'll pay off if you do some investigating and find out what has actually been done to the car and if it is even more powerful at all.

Being an NA it's hard to see how enough power has been released without it being obvious. Highly tuned NA's rely on heavily worked on heads with leary cams. The result is a pretty loud engine, lumpy idle, high RPM limit etc.

i appreciate that after making the statement, that members were going to want to know why quicker?. although i did try to point out i didnt know why and was based on other rev3s ive driven, so in effect conjecture on my part and was only meant as a point of interest that was ultimately easily proven or disproven with a test drive by anybody interested.
as matt says i should probably of researched anything that would highlight any power increase over standard, and if i manage to keep the car , probably will do down the line. i am a petrol head , but have never much been interested in bhp figures over the asthetics of looks, style and general well being of my cars. your description of a tuned engine pretty much fits though, although i cant vouch for any rpm limit , lumpy and loud it is , probably a blowing exhaust and misfire lol. by the way that was meant as a joke!.
Draven

Post by Draven »

Number plate made me giggle.. :thumleft:
MrGazz2

Post by MrGazz2 »

With the underside photos, does this car:

- Have undertrays?
- The front passenger side arch liner, is it intact - looks like it's missing?
- Is there any rust on the bottom door edges (both sides?)

I know these are finiky questions but I live the other side of the country and am in two minds about travelling so far for this car. :mrgreen:

Return to “MR2s for Sale”