PS3 to have "other os" option removed

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Andy Jones

Re: PS3 to have "other os" option removed

Post by Andy Jones »

I doubt anyone bought a PS3 "just for Linux" the fact is a lot of people bought this device believing it could replace your home computer, My Linux set-up (eventually) did everything my Windows Laptop did so that pretty much became a dust collector.

Don't see whats idiotic about having one device sat under my TV that does everything I require wether it be gaming or booting up as Linux :-k

In addition i've re-designed their current ad campaign and thus will be expecting a nice big cheque soon for my effort and professional approach:

Engine rebuilt by: Steve Horrocks & Andy Jones
Engine mapped by: Ryan@2bartuning (330 bhp & 325 lbft @ 1.4 bar)
Current Status: F****D :(
mr2daz

Re: PS3 to have "other os" option removed

Post by mr2daz »

Andy Jones wrote:I doubt anyone bought a PS3 "just for Linux" the fact is a lot of people bought this device believing it could replace your home computer, My Linux set-up (eventually) did everything my Windows Laptop did so that pretty much became a dust collector.

Don't see whats idiotic about having one device sat under my TV that does everything I require wether it be gaming or booting up as Linux :-k

In addition i've re-designed their current ad campaign and thus will be expecting a nice big cheque soon for my effort and professional approach:

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://url.photobucket.com/albums/v321/ ... ything.jpg

:thumleft: They are takin the whiz a bit IMO. I was planning on installing a second OS on mine having recently bought a bigger HDD for it. It just makes sense if you want to use it for email and web browsing in your front room and your pc is in another room or upstairs.
How they can say it does everything is a bit of a joke really considering their browser is useless for most websites and there is no email facility. If they sorted that out this latest move wouldn't bother me half as much but I imagine there will be a lot of very unhappy customers with this announcement. It's weird and they weren't so junky I'd buy a 360 out of spite. :-# :clown:
“There’s class warfare all right, but it’s my class, the rich class that’s making war, and we’re winning.” Warren Buffett

Return to “Games Consoles”