Big Apple Tour 2009 (Scotland Trip)

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

S A Watt

Re: Big Apple Tour 2009 (Scotland Trip)

Post by S A Watt »

Hi Mark

Your good for this one.

Your name was on the list just waiting your accommodation details which i have now.

See you their :thumleft:

Shane
S A Watt

Post by S A Watt »

Hi Folks

Here is the updated list of names.

Fully Booked up

Shane and Susan
Mark and Christina
Michael and Joanne
Jinxy and Debs
Bill and May
Andy & Crystal
Ali & Fran
Allan Welsh
Steve & Chan
Fred & Doris
Pete
Wayne
Gordon & Allison
Mark (Portgordon) & Lauren
Frogge & Celina

People who have also said they will attend and are arranging accommodation are:-

Garry & Partner

So everyone is now booked as i am sure garry has attended to this and we are ready to go.

Pray for nice weather

Shane
Last edited by S A Watt on Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

if I still have the car I'll be camping too but I'll let you know car wise when I know myself :thumleft:

PS - enjoy Le Mans 8)
Portgordon

Post by Portgordon »

What you talking about "if you still have the car"? [-X
korean

Post by korean »

just done the Applecross path this Saturday gone on my mororbike. Its quite possibly the most over hyped road in Scotland. Single track with passing places, a few tight hairpins and a pile of rocks at the top. I'd take the low level route in future :twisted:
toymr2

Post by toymr2 »

korean wrote:just done the Applecross path this Saturday gone on my mororbike. Its quite possibly the most over hyped road in Scotland. Single track with passing places, a few tight hairpins and a pile of rocks at the top. I'd take the low level route in future :twisted:

Sorry,but have to disagree with you.It is a single track road with passing places(it is in the Scottish Highlands after all) however the view from the top on a clear day makes the drive worthwhile.

korean

Post by korean »

toymr2 wrote:
korean wrote:just done the Applecross path this Saturday gone on my mororbike. Its quite possibly the most over hyped road in Scotland. Single track with passing places, a few tight hairpins and a pile of rocks at the top. I'd take the low level route in future :twisted:

Sorry,but have to disagree with you.It is a single track road with passing places(it is in the Scottish Highlands after all) however the view from the top on a clear day makes the drive worthwhile.

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b320/ ... 0812-1.jpg

So were saying a trip anywhere is worth it for the view? :roll:

well here's the view on the said clear day.

but the road to Gairloch is far more fun with equal views and a better road to blast alon.

But as with all things in life. This is just my opinion. By no means am i trying to put people off the trip. there are indeed some top raods in the area. Applecoss just isn't one though.
S A Watt

Post by S A Watt »

Well mate you are more than entitled to your opinion on the road thats for sure.

I am fairly sure however that many many people would disagree with you however.

I have taken the route many times on my bike and the MR2 and never tire of it which is why i am offering others the opportunity as i have done over the last 2 years to experience the beautiful Highlands.

The applecross is not a road for speeding but when you take it via the gairloch etc it is fantastic. stop at the applecross inn for a snack and enjoy the view. you cant beat that

Never mind though the good news is the trip has been fully booked since the end of last year and mainly with people who have been up with us in the past and experienced the roads.

Shane Watt
unowho

Post by unowho »

Have to just say, I had a fantastic time last year on our Bolt-On trip, with just Shane & Susan, Jinxy and myself.

We took the road via Gairloch and yes those roads were great, although I was only the passenger, and the trip up and over Applecross was brilliant, I haven't been that scared in a long time, (have you met Jinx :-# ) at times you couldn't even see the end of your own nose let alone where the road was :pray: And even when we got to the top and you couldn't see a thing, it gave a great eerie feeling of being on top of the world and for me you couldn't beat it, and yes we are again on the trip for this year \:D/ \:D/ , but then again these trips are all about great friends having a blast round the fantastic Scottish roads and having a ball in the evening and great laughs :lol: :lol:

Debs
Proud Mk2 owner
Red Devil

Post by Red Devil »

uglee's pic of Quiraing and korean's of the road to Gairloch look familiar!

April 2009 MR2OC Highland Drive. Totally awesome roads.
Hope you all have a great time. I'll be going back for another go in 2010. :thumleft:
korean

Post by korean »

Red Devil wrote:uglee's pic of Quiraing and korean's of the road to Gairloch look familiar!

[Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://lh6.ggpht.com/_vvl47Ip0YZY/Se504 ... 202280.JPG
Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://lh3.ggpht.com/_vvl47Ip0YZY/Se502 ... 202279.JPG

April 2009 MR2OC Highland Drive. Totally awesome roads.
Hope you all have a great time. I'll be going back for another go in 2010. :thumleft:

Its from the roadside viewing area. :D
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

i was in applecross on thursday, great weather and great views =P~ , the achnasheen road is one of my favorites in the country, nice corners leading onto straights where you can really enjoy the mr2s potential :pale:

goes on for miles and miles too, i will be going again end of august/start september for a wee break i think :-k

Awesome :thumleft:
S A Watt

Post by S A Watt »

You never get fed up driving them.

Might see you their
Red Devil

Post by Red Devil »

marty1 wrote:i was in applecross on thursday, great weather and great views =P~ , the achnasheen road is one of my favorites in the country, nice corners leading onto straights where you can really enjoy the mr2s potential :pale:

goes on for miles and miles too, i will be going again end of august/start september for a wee break i think :-k

Awesome :thumleft:

Yep we went right across the spine of the country from Kyle of Localsh via A890 to Achnasheen then A832 to Garve.
Once across the railway crossing at Strathcarron the potential of 18 MR2s in convoy was properly exploited. :thumleft:
S A Watt

Post by S A Watt »

Hi Folks

That the meals arrange for Friday at The seaforth in Ullapool and Saturday in the Portree Hotel.

These are both places we have eaten in before and they provide a good selection of Traditional food at good prices.

Sunday we have to book on the day but this has been ok before.

Meals are at 7.30 which should give us plenty of time to get settled into B & B after our day drive. Maybe even time for a swift one before supper :+:

Shane
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

excellent news - thanks again for your efforts in this :thumleft:
S A Watt

Post by S A Watt »

Only 4 weeks to go :mrgreen:
Lemon Secretary

Post by Lemon Secretary »

Ali was on the verge of convincing me to come along to this last minute... but alas, i shall be in bournemouth getting merry and causing havoc with my girly mates :wink: have fun though, plenty of :lol: and magnificent scenery to be had!! :thumleft:
jimjams

Post by jimjams »

Just seen this Shane, I'll be in gran canaria though and dont think my car would be ready anyway! Have a fantastic time though!
S A Watt

Post by S A Watt »

Thanks Mate

have a nice time in Gran Canaria

Return to “Past Events”