[Mk2] [Generic] badges on my car

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

pam

[Mk2] [Generic] badges on my car

Post by pam »

just got my mr2 always wanted one.
question...........the badges at the back are colour coded in red.how can my husband remove same without breaking them.
i want him to spray them black.
please help....thanks pam!
fearless

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] badges on my car

Post by fearless »

heat badges up with a hairdryer to heat up the glue and get either a credit card behind them or a bit of fishing line and drag heating at same time as glue cools quite quickly , hey presto thay are off toyota badge in middle has locating pins on some models, drop of petrol to remove sticky stuff and t cut to get a smooth surface after paint and put back job done :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

welcome to club by the way pam forgot to say be carfull some cars have had bootlids sprayed with badges on, so the badge will be stuck by the paint and laquer blz8027 had this problem i think on one of his 2's :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
pam

Post by pam »

nofearmadbiker wrote:heat badges up with a hairdryer to heat up the glue and get either a credit card behind them or a bit of fishing line and drag heating at same time as glue cools quite quickly , hey presto thay are off toyota badge in middle has locating pins on some models, drop of petrol to remove sticky stuff and t cut to get a smooth surface after paint and put back job done :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

welcome to club by the way pam forgot to say be carfull some cars have had bootlids sprayed with badges on, so the badge will be stuck by the paint and laquer blz8027 had this problem i think on one of his 2's :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Thanks. Very helpful. New to this. Pam
fearless

Post by fearless »

not a problem we are all very helpfull on here whatever you need to know fire away :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
spannerman

Post by spannerman »

Daft as it sounds but dental floss works fine, wrap around and use a sawing motion.

No marking of paint, job done.

In your case it seems they may well of been taken off to be coloured red, i hope they didn't use epoxy or sumat to stick em back on, that would of been evil.

Hope all goes well

Spannerman :D
GHOST

Post by GHOST »

I've got front and rear Toyota badges in black going spare if you're interested. I sprayed them and decided I didn't like them and never put them back on.
JeffD

Post by JeffD »

As said heat the badges up to soften the glue - I use hot water my self.

As an alternative to spraying you could just buy new badges as they come colour coded - theyre about a tenner each for the rear ones - not too much more than spraying once you have bought primer/paint, wret and dry etc and a bit of glue and will most probably look neater too.
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

http://www.ayrpark.plus.com/epc1/toyota ... 01_19.html

Thats the parts pages for the badges £9inc vat from toyota i got some red ones for my black 2 looks much better than doing it yourself then i just used a touch up pen to paint out the joins.

:thumleft:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”