[FINALIZED] Mk1 SUPERCHARGER for sale, JDM, manual gearbox, T-bar (UPDATED)

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Lunarmatic

Mk1 SUPERCHARGER for sale, JDM, manual gearbox, T-bar (UPDATED)

Post by Lunarmatic »

Due to the purchase of a black mk1 (always wanted one), my Supercharger is now for sale. I've had it a few years and took it on the MR2 Beaulieu run last year where I got lots of nice comments from everyone about it.

Spec:
1987 E reg JDM model (imported 1998, I am the 4th UK owner)
5-speed manual gearbox
White over Silver
approx 79,000 miles (UK mph odometer fitted but original kph one will be supplied)
Just passed MOT (so due again on 9 June 2009)
12 months road tax (runs out end of May 2009)
T-bar roof with roof sunshades and T-bar panel bags
Black interior with black/grey check cloth seats
OZ Superleggera 15inch alloys in gunmetal grey (matches the car perfectly) fitted with Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres (which should be good for another year).
Aircon system is present but doesn't work (has no gas and probably needs leak testing)

The car is pretty much in standard form. It's plenty fast enough so I've not bothered with going the big pulley route.

I fitted some clear side repeaters to the car but the originals will be provided if someone wants to put them back on.

The car won't come with a stereo as the stereo I have in it was a present so I want to keep it. The wiring is connected to an ISO connector so any aftermarket stereo should plug straight in.

Work done on the car since I've owned it:

New clutch master cylinder fitted (Toyota genuine part) and clutch fluid changed and bled
Brake fluid changed and bled
Front brake pads replaced (EBC greenstuff)
One rear caliper replaced with a reconditioned unit
Koni adjustable suspension fitted
Water pump replaced (Toyota genuine part)
Cambelt replaced (Toyota genuine part)
Supercharger drivebelt replaced (Toyota genuine part)
Oil, coolant, air filter, spark plugs have all been replaced during my ownership

I've got receipts for all work carried out while I've owned it.

I've got previous MOT certificates and tax discs. I've got some receipts from before I owned it. I've got a paper document in Japanese that is presumably from when it was imported and I have the instruction manual which is in Japanese (with entertaining cartoon drawings).

I'll try to add more details and info later on when I'm at home as I'm currently at work and have a meeting to go to now! If anyone has any specific questions etc. please reply here or PM me. If you want to give me a call to discuss the car please send me a PM and I'll give you my phone number.

Price is £3000. I'm in Brighton.

Thanks,
Andrew

EDIT 12 June 2008: More pictures added below

There are a couple of bits of rust but the bodywork is generally very tidy IMHO:

The first was at the base of the drivers' side B-pillar. This was fixed for the most recent MOT. I'm including the picture so you know the extent it was rusted before the repair. As you can see it wasn't a massive hole.

The second place is on the passenger side rear wheel arch. A section of the wheel arch appears to have lifted away slightly. I presume this might be a repair that was previously made. In the pictures you can also see some surface rust on the inner lip of the wheel arch. All four wheel arches have some surface rust like this but the other three arches have no bubbling whatsoever.

The third place is just above the drivers' side rear light cluster where the boot rubber seal goes round. I don't have a picture to hand at the moment but will take one and post it up.

The paintwork comes up well with a wash and polish. There are a couple of places on the bonnet creases and door creases where the white paint has rubbed away (presumably from over-enthusiastic polishing in the past). The grey/silver parts of the car appear to have been painted in the past and there are small patches of slight flaking of this on the front and rear bumpers. The front bumper also has some crazing of the white paint on the passenger side front corner.

The Toyota decal on the front bumper is quite tatty.

Work carried out to pass the MOT this year:
Two new numberplates (the first was considered worn and the rear apparently did not meet the regulations for a border around the letters)
Both front headlight aims adjusted
Exhaust manifold gasket replaced as it was blowing
Repair to driver's side B-pillar base (hole was too close to seatbelt mounting point)

I will take some pictures of the interior of the car and any other close ups that seem relevant when I can.
Last edited by Lunarmatic on Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GaryR

Re: [FINALIZED] Mk1 SUPERCHARGER for sale, JDM, manual gearbox, T-bar (UPDATED)

Post by GaryR »

Very nice, I've been toying with the idea of getting a SuperCharger, although I'd prefer a blue one.

Do you have any more photo's and any idea how much it would cost to have the Air-con sorted?
Lunarmatic

Post by Lunarmatic »

GaryR wrote:Very nice, I've been toying with the idea of getting a SuperCharger, although I'd prefer a blue one.

Do you have any more photo's and any idea how much it would cost to have the Air-con sorted?

I'll sort out some more photos asap and will add some more to the description too - it's been a busy week so I've not had time yet.

As for the aircon, I guess it will need a leak test doing to make sure the system will hold refrigerant. Any garage that can recharge the gas should be able to do this I suppose. If any pipes or seals need replacing I don't really know how expensive that would be (depends if they have to be bought from Toyota) but if you look at the EPC diagram for the aircon system there are a lot of pipes to it!

I asked some other supercharger owners about costs for a re-gas and I was told it would probably be about £150 but that the gas lasts indefinitely once it's in there. The system would originally have been filled with R12 but this is now illegal so I think it has to be filled with R134a (or similar) instead.

Hope this helps.
Lunarmatic

Post by Lunarmatic »

New photos and some more info added to original post above.
andyj

Post by andyj »

Thanks for emailing me information last week. Thanks also for these pictures and very helpful descriptions. You're clearly an honest seller.

Looks really nice but I've too many cars right now to look at buying another (so my wife tells me) :(
Lunarmatic

Post by Lunarmatic »

andyj wrote:Thanks for emailing me information last week. Thanks also for these pictures and very helpful descriptions. You're clearly an honest seller.

That's ok, I saw you say that you had been looking for one so thought I'd just give you a heads up.

I certainly want to be honest about the car. I'm not leaving the MR2 world as I've just got a mk1a so I'll still be on the forums etc. I also want to make sure that any prospective buyer that comes to see it knows exactly what they're expecting to see and there are no surprises because that wastes everybody's time.

andyj wrote:Looks really nice but I've too many cars right now to look at buying another (so my wife tells me) :(

Yeah, if I had the space and money I'd hang onto this car too but I do so little driving at the moment that even the mk1a will not be getting much use beyond weekends out.
Lunarmatic

Post by Lunarmatic »

I'm going to be away for a couple of weeks so if anyone is interested in the car send me a PM and I will get back to you as soon as I can on my return.

Also, I'm planning to take the car to the Elvetham Heath Car show (in Fleet, Hampshire) on Sunday 20th July so if anyone wants to have a look at it and Hampshire is a bit easier for you to get to then please come along! Details of the show are in the IMOC Events section.
Lunarmatic

Post by Lunarmatic »

Lunarmatic wrote:Also, I'm planning to take the car to the Elvetham Heath Car show (in Fleet, Hampshire) on Sunday 20th July so if anyone wants to have a look at it and Hampshire is a bit easier for you to get to then please come along! Details of the show are in the IMOC Events section.

Due to a mistake on my part I've double booked myself this Sunday and so now won't be going to the car show unfortunately. :(

I'm also open to offers on the SC as I'd like to sell it soon. I'm more than happy to answer questions and send photos etc. Just drop me a PM.

Cheers,
Andrew
Lunarmatic

Post by Lunarmatic »

After some consideration I am reducing the asking price to £2500. I think this is a good price for an original, unmolested (no track use) JDM car with manual gearbox.
t-bar89

Post by t-bar89 »

PM sent. :wink:
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

t-bar89 wrote:PM sent. :wink:

:o Pete, what are you up to!
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

toxo wrote:

Being sensible and getting a proper car :oldtongue:
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
Lunarmatic

Post by Lunarmatic »

Ollie @ Skyinsurance wrote:
toxo wrote:

Being sensible and getting a proper car :oldtongue:

:thumright: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
t-bar89

Post by t-bar89 »

Very Very tempted... just got to go check out the rust. :thumleft:
Feedback Bot

Post by Feedback Bot »

This Sale has been completed. The Buyer was t-bar89

Return to “MR2s for Sale”