[FINALIZED] MR2 Mk2 Rev 3 GT Turbo T-BAR *MINT* Black

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Blue4Ice

MR2 Mk2 Rev 3 GT Turbo T-BAR *MINT* Black

Post by Blue4Ice »

The time has come to sell my showroom condition MR2 Rev 3 Turbo. To provide the best information to the prospective buyer I have put together a website with lots of info/pics.

Any questions please email me or give me a call.

www.blue4ice.co.uk/mr2/index.html

I am asking £5,850 - New price
Last edited by Blue4Ice on Fri May 30, 2008 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fizz

Re: [FINALIZED] MR2 Mk2 Rev 3 GT Turbo T-BAR *MINT* Black

Post by fizz »

Really nice car bud.. i wish you all the best on the sale but your not going to get your asking price or anywhere near it i have to say.

This is not a dig but just a gentle nudge to let you know that even rev 5's are going for that price and they too are in mint condition.

Regards
Fizz
Blue4Ice

Post by Blue4Ice »

Thanks for the info fizz. I should have put that I am open to offers however and as always with selling a second hand car dont expect to get the figure advertised. :)

WRT rev 5s commanding similar money i personally dont think that makes a massive difference with cars of this age. I would always buy on condition and mileage rather than age. The only difference between mine and a rev 5 is the red stitching on the seats and gear knob and accents on the dials.

Just out of interest how much do you think I should be asking?
dansREV2turbo

Post by dansREV2turbo »

im going to be in the market for another mr2 soon with a bit of luck after writing off my fto.
from what ive seen 5k will get you a mint rev3 with a few extras, ie. coilovers, wheels bit of kit on it.

good luck with the sale tho m8.
Blue4Ice

Post by Blue4Ice »

Thanks for the info. I am in no rush to sell so for the moment will leave it at £6.5k. Noting its coming up to summer the value of MR2s will steadily rise over the next month or so.

Sadly the amount of sheds around has now de-valued the good ones :roll:
lukem

Post by lukem »

Noting its coming up to summer the value of MR2s will steadily rise over the next month or so.

don't expect anything spectacular if anything at all.
good luck though :thumleft:
Blue4Ice

Post by Blue4Ice »

website now updated with engine bay pics and a few "other pics"

www.blue4ice.co.uk/mr2/index.htm
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

Blue4Ice wrote:website now updated with engine bay pics and a few "other pics"

www.blue4ice.co.uk/mr2/index.htm

wow :shock:
clean engine bay
johnthedogg

Post by johnthedogg »

Fair do's man, probably the shiniest car i've ever seen, but 6.5k?! good luck matey...i reckon you'll be lookin at about £4k personally!
Blue4Ice

Post by Blue4Ice »

maybe 6.5 is on the high side but its no way near a 4k car...

As with lots of things you get what you pay for

:)
Alex B

Post by Alex B »

Off topic but a bump all the same... :)

I thought I recognised the terrain in the pics! Do you get your work done on the MR2 in Plymouth?

I was thinking of using Alan Jeffrey to do some of the bits and pieces on mine.
Blue4Ice

Post by Blue4Ice »

I do most of the work myself as I have heard horror stories about a lot of the garages in Plymouth. I personally wouldnt take my car to Alan Jeffrey again as I had a bad experience with him when I had my Lotus Esprit. He took it on a power run on the rolling road with the handbrake on and the discs/pads caught fire :roll: ](*,) . I would have thought the big red light on the dash showing brakes on would have been a give away :roll:

What work are you wanting done?
Alex B

Post by Alex B »

How long is a piece of string :)

I'm doing suspension, brakes, intake, exhaust, wheels possibly full management system. Just not 100% sure yet. :)

Anyhoo, gl with your sale chap.
Stretchermunkey

mint turbo

Post by Stretchermunkey »

Hi Mate, nice car. Good luck with the sale. Do you mind If I ask what you have used around the door handles?
Looks like some kind of flocking. How did you have that done?
Sorry to hijack thread, just looks really smart
Cheers Steve
James Junior

Post by James Junior »

Car looks beautiful mate - hope you get a good price for her.
Last edited by James Junior on Sun May 04, 2008 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blue4Ice

Re: mint turbo

Post by Blue4Ice »

Stretchermunkey wrote:Hi Mate, nice car. Good luck with the sale. Do you mind If I ask what you have used around the door handles?
Looks like some kind of flocking. How did you have that done?
Sorry to hijack thread, just looks really smart
Cheers Steve

Hi its a type of faux suade (sp) material. The original door card inserts were recovered. I didnt do this but the previous owner did it himself.
Blue4Ice

Post by Blue4Ice »

I will be at Japfest next weekend on the MR2OC stand if anyone wants a closer look or to ask any questions
TOPGUN

Post by TOPGUN »

Thats way overpriced for a Rev 3 M8,i have just accepted an offer on my mint rare Rev 4 1997 P Plate GT T-Bar Turbo with over 5k of mods for £6250.
Blue4Ice

Post by Blue4Ice »

TOPGUN wrote:Thats way overpriced for a Rev 3 M8,i have just accepted an offer on my mint rare Rev 4 1997 P Plate GT T-Bar Turbo with over 5k of mods for £6250.

Based on what you have just said I wouldnt say I am very much off the mark at all.

Whats the difference between a rev 3 and 4? Diamond cut alloys which neither car has as both have after market wheels, clear front indicators and side repeaters which both cars have and I think thats about it.

Both cars have 5k + of mods and are both mint. Ok I accept maybe I am asking about £250-£500 too high but based on your £6250 for the car below I dont think I am far out. In my opinion when cars are this old you dont necessarily buy on age but on condition, spec, history etc.

Based on the above the price is now reduced to £6200ono

It also had a new windscreen yesterday (brown tint with the aerial) as the other one got stone chipped.
helbags

Post by helbags »

how many miles has the car done? (sorry, might say somewhere but can't see it :oops: )

Kinda agree with Topgun - yeah both cars have lots of mods, same spoilers, aftermarket wheels etc but your car is 3 years older & for a buyer, that can make a lot of difference

Return to “MR2s for Sale”