Scottish Rolling Road Day Mr2oc Vs Club Gti vs Ss-r

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mikee66

Scottish Rolling Road Day Mr2oc Vs Club Gti vs Ss-r

Post by mikee66 »

This is to be held the 3rd sunday in Febuary!!!!
I've spoken to the vw club gti boys and we should have good numbers for this and they also have a few tasty motors!!!!!
This WILL be a great day out for not much expense either prob only £25 each!!!!!
Same deal as every other session i've organised you send me a cheque for a deposit i don't cash the cheque and you get it back on the day. However if you don't turn up the rolling road company gets the cheque so the rest of us don't have to pay extra.
It is booked at star performances new premises!!!
Date is sunday 20th febuary 2005

POINTS TO NOTE ABOUT ROLLING ROAD SESSIONS
You will need to ensure that your car is ready to run. i.e. in good mechanical order and with plenty of fuel. If you are not sure of the car's mechanical condition you must inform us - we can arrange for any necessary work to be performed prior to going on the rollers if required.
Once on the rollers, we will do one preliminary run to ensure the engine is at it's operating temperature and that everything else is as it should be, tyre pressures, etc. We will then perform one full power run and print off the results (click for a typical graph. We may then carry out one more run to verify the results if we feel it is necessary. Any further runs will depend on any other work requested or required. We always aim to achieve accuracy and repeatability with the rolling road and are happy to discuss the results with yourself once the session is complete.
We use a large 80mph wind blower which is suitably positioned depending on the type of car being run. For cars with intercoolers we also have an additional ducted fan to allow the correct airflow.

So far we have
Doopydug - 1990 valver
Lloyd - Jetta Synchro - PAID
Scotty - Vr6 Vento

From mr2oc
Fimmo - Mk1 mr2 - PAID
Bbt - Mr2 tubby
Dangerous Daveb - Mk2 tubby
Me - Mk2 mr2 - PAID
Todd - Supra @250bhp - PAID

From SS-R
Mazda rx7 @300bhp
S14 200sx @ 320bhp

I will update this as and when i get no's and more importantly CHEQUES!!!!!

Please make cheques payable to "STAR PERFORMANCE"
and send em to
Mike Smith
12 park view
kirkcaldy
fife
scotland
ky26au

Return to “Past Events”