[Mk2] [Turbo] rear view cam and tv install ... help

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

MR2-Ben

[Mk2] [Turbo] rear view cam and tv install ... help

Post by MR2-Ben »

Hi I have installed a double din 7" touch screen and have got a rear view cam and a tv aerial still to plug in but dont know where to plug them in anyone out there any good at this ?
CM1GT

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] rear view cam and tv install ... help

Post by CM1GT »

yellow rca cables should take the camera, not sure about the tv, is the tuner in the headunit or is it a stand alone jobby?
MR2-Ben

Post by MR2-Ben »

at is all one unit , there is also a cable coming out of the camera aswell as the rc lead , does it need to be plugged into something so when i select reverse it comes on ?
Thanks for you help Ben
un1eash

Post by un1eash »

The other cable coming out of the camera will be for power. The headunit should have a RCA labeled up for rear camera, most do. Not to sure about the tv, what headunit is it?
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Reviving an old thread... I did my reversing camera myself using bits from Maplin. The camera I bought had 3 leads coming out of it. Black for ground, Yellow for composite video, and Red for 12v. The camera shared ground between the power and video, if that makes sense. Reading other car forums, some head units don't like this. I ended up wiring the power for the camera into the amp turn-on circuit for the stereo, so it was on when the stereo was on. My head unit did the clever bit - it had a link to the reverse switch in the car, so that when I put it in reverse it switched video inputs.

Return to “ICE and Security”