[All] [NA] Child Seat !

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

foxy red

[All] [NA] Child Seat !

Post by foxy red »

This possibly might be a first but is it possible to fit a child seat inside a Mk1 or Mk2 , anyone had any experience of this does the cabin allow , want to get the misses another mr2 but the "Is it practical" question will arise so ill need to assure her that a child seat will fit and baby can go along for a ride with the wife :lol: cheers SEFIK .
Quigonjay

Re: [All] [NA] Child Seat !

Post by Quigonjay »

it has actually come up before but struggling to find the thread
nitric4k

Post by nitric4k »

star_gazer

Post by star_gazer »

I think this has been raised countless times and to be frank if you think a mid engined car, 2 seater sports car is designed to carry children, you need a reality check.

Its a sports car and it is not designed to safely

1. Tow objects
2. Carry little children
3. have extra seats
4. Carry mountain bikes

Maybe the mods should sticky these points =;
foxy red

Post by foxy red »

thanks for the replies read the previous threads and boy were there some strong opinions [-X its just that ive got some friends with mx5s and bmw zs and there mises can placed a rear facing child seat on the passenger seat if they only have that mota as an option so fort a mr2 cabin might allow aswell :?: cheers all the same , SEFIK :D
fearless

Post by fearless »

most baby seats just fit to the seatbelt so cant see a problem all you have to worry about is if car has a passenger air bag, if so big no no, might take my 3 year old out in mine soon she loves my car to bits kisses it and cuddles and when she goes away she misses it,as for that bodged up lap strap someone has fitted thats well bad bodge up and must invalidate insurance surely as car is a 2 seater, if you want to move kids have an mpv my car is for me and mrs on our own with no kids just us lovely, we have a galaxy for the moving us around shopping and tips runs best of both worlds wicked \:D/ \:D/
mikewright

Post by mikewright »

My baby seat fits no problems and the baby really seemed to like coming for a drive to the shops. Does create some mixed reactions from other people looking for a parent and child space. Had one guy come storming over screaming at me until he realised i was getting my baby out of the car. Made me laugh because i dont rember that buying a people carrier was a requirement for having a child.
fearless

Post by fearless »

makes life a lot easier having a people carrier though you have misunderstood me, time you go out with the buggy the kids toys the changing bag, kitchen sink and everything else thay need you just have space for you and mrs, time you have bought shopping its a mission getting it in there dont know how i survived with our omega, best car ive bought for multiple purposes good for picking up parts for my mr2 aswell :thumleft:
Spidey

Post by Spidey »

My baby seat fits fine (I think some of the lads thought meant fitting a 3rd/child seat ! I def wouldn't do that).

Anyway, have my forward facing child seat in - never tried it rear facing but once there's enough seatbelt, that's okay.

My car is red and the baby seat is red and black - kinda looks like like an aftermarket sports seat :lol:

Rob
foxy red

Post by foxy red »

blinding guys thanks for the comments the hunt for the wife b day present continues :thumleft: sefik
marcnoonan

Post by marcnoonan »

No problem here.

Rear facing seat fits in no problem and with a T-bar, he never took his eyes off of the clouds.

Marc

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”