Anyone know what bumper this is?

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

MisterMK1

Anyone know what bumper this is?

Post by MisterMK1 »

Does anyone know if this is from a kit or its a modified donor bumper?
jimi

Re: Anyone know what bumper this is?

Post by jimi »

Looks like a Style Auto one CLICKY

Jimi
Last edited by jimi on Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour
MisterMK1

Post by MisterMK1 »

Thanks Jimi :wink: has anyone ever imported one of these?
OlberJ

Post by OlberJ »

Sam on TB will be offering very good fitting copies of these very soon hopefully.

Keep and eye on VMotorsport.com, should pop up there when done.

Or PM him. Think he's on here too, SuperchargedSam.
System-G

Post by System-G »

Jo's got the full kit on Tango too. We still have spare sideskirts which we were holding onto because we were under the impression the kit was no longer available. We have since found out the kit is still available from Germany.

Garage Link:
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/garage.php ... le&CID=424
85 MK1 MR2 Track N/Ail | 99 528i SE Touring | 01 Mandarin VX220
Knightkiller

Post by Knightkiller »

SuperchargedSam has got the StyleAuto kit in development at the moment.... apparently it will be a better fit than the original as well which was a bit "off" in places.... :lol:

Im still in 2 minds about them to tbh. They look good but I loathe to mess around with the original lines of the car... :-k

The original colour though i'm more than happy to mess with :wink: :lol:
mr2mk1chick

Post by mr2mk1chick »

Knightkiller wrote:The original colour though i'm more than happy to mess with :wink: :lol:

yeah - we know you are secretly 'Banana-Man' :thumleft:
Knightkiller

Post by Knightkiller »

mr2mk1chick wrote:
Knightkiller wrote:The original colour though i'm more than happy to mess with :wink: :lol:

yeah - we know you are secretly 'Banana-Man' :thumleft:

Yes..... but the cape and stockings only come out at weekends :whistle: :mrgreen:

BTW how much BHP does the breezeblock add? Or is it an aerodynamic aid? \:D/
System-G

Post by System-G »

Knightkiller wrote:SuperchargedSam has got the StyleAuto kit in development at the moment.... apparently it will be a better fit than the original as well which was a bit "off" in places.... :lol:

Im still in 2 minds about them to tbh. They look good but I loathe to mess around with the original lines of the car... :-k

The original colour though i'm more than happy to mess with :wink: :lol:

Sams copy was already mentioned above :wink:

Any kit regardless of how well it's made will need a fair bit of fettling to get a good fit. It's kind of how mouldings tend to work - some come out brill and others not so good.
85 MK1 MR2 Track N/Ail | 99 528i SE Touring | 01 Mandarin VX220
Knightkiller

Post by Knightkiller »

Stop being so fussy Mr G! :mrgreen:
spongebob

Post by spongebob »

Just got an update on the production of this kit off superchargedsam and it seems the production will start in about 4 weeks time as the moulds are about to hit production, some changes have been made which include the oblong holes being improved to end in a circular funnel so you have the choice of spots or using them for the fronts af a brake ducting set up! the side skirts are havinh the fins removed in favour of a smooth scoop in the same place. The whole kit should line up way better than the original with the rear bumper being made easier to blend into the roginal arches. He will also be offering a second kit option that will come with slightly wider arches with an extension of about 1" either side and to comeplement this front wings will also be produced in FG with a matching wider arch on the wings as well. Apparantly he is also having a deep scooped FG bonnet made that he will sell with a front strut brace as it will require the front bulk head cut behind the rad to accomodate the scoop. Have been told he is also looking at producing an improved viens front and a custom rear as well and will have 2 engine covers on offer including an SC copy but that will fit on the NA chassis (different catch points) and a raised vent similar to the MK2s as seen on the likes of ealrs MK2 beastie. A TRD spoiler is in the offing as well but he says design is way off on it at the moment. Should be some interesting parts when he has done as there isnt much available in this country for the MK1 at the mo.
MisterMK1

Post by MisterMK1 »

Great news :clap: can't wait to see his results
tahir

STYLEAUTO uk kit

Post by tahir »

Hi guys! :D

New to this forum but any update about this body kit that SUPERCHARGEDSAM is developing, am very interested in purchasing it.
Cant wait
jrleech

Post by jrleech »

I imported the full kit from Style Auto several years ago, never got round to fitting it (decided the Mk1 doesn't need a kit IMHO), and sold it to SuperchargedSam (along with an AP Racing big brake kit!!).
mr2mk1chick

Post by mr2mk1chick »

spongebob wrote: the side skirts are having the fins removed in favour of a smooth scoop in the same place.

aww - i like the fins on the side. i will definately keep my spare sides now then, in case of a crash or summit....

spongebob wrote: Apparantly he is also having a deep scooped FG bonnet made that he will sell with a front strut brace as it will require the front bulk head cut behind the rad to accomodate the scoop.

this sounds interesting/good :thumleft:

spongebob wrote: Should be some interesting parts when he has done as there isnt much available in this country for the MK1 at the mo.

can you give him a poke and ask him to knock up an advert to put in the MK1 club magazine. i'm sure there are a fair few peeps out there who aren't on the t'internet who would be interested too.
lodgeman

Post by lodgeman »

if i tell you the kit is being developed at neos.......... does that help? :lol:
mr2mk1chick

Post by mr2mk1chick »

lodgeman wrote:if i tell you the kit is being developed at neos.......... does that help? :lol:

:?:

(pm me?)
superchargedsam

Post by superchargedsam »

Sorry not been on and replied sooner, unfortunatly yes the delay in getting this to production has indeed been the fact that neos is doing the development and yes regretting the decision but am sure it will come good in the end. I sent one of my spare cars and the kit up in february this year for the mouldings to be done direct from a fitted and fettled kit. Unfortunatly Jo cant advertise anywhere yet as nothing to sell as the moulds still havent been produced, there are many other MK1 bodykit parts under development at the moment including 2 engine lid options, Sc and raiseed vent, veins front bumper, rear scoops, possible a spoiler/wing, and a huge scooped bonnet as well which will certainly help reduce lift on the front end at speed. Further down the line such things as full undertrays and possibly a widebody kit not that disimilar to the group s car etc will be produced but its taking way longer than I ever imagined. Was a toss up of go elsewhere to get the work done faster at lower quality or hold off and get some top notch moulds made. Future production should be faster. Am currently in talks about buying a company that produces FG and CF motobike bodykits and parts and if this goes ahead this will allow me to bring production of kits in house so I have more control over them and timings etc.

Am pushing hard to get these parts into production as I need them on my own car for real life testing of effects of front scoop and the kit etc. I promise the second I have more news it will be advertised with the MK1 club and the forums, but until then I can only offer my apologies for delays outside of my control.
cartledge_uk

Post by cartledge_uk »

SAm is it worth moving the development?

Every day I hear more and more things about Neos, I have no idea how true they are, but you dont want to have all you ££ put into something that wont happen.
Chunky Monkey

Post by Chunky Monkey »

its probably the only from skirt I really like for the mr2, mind you still don't really like the fit of it under the corners of the nose cone.....

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”