Focus ST

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

mark239

Focus ST

Post by mark239 »

Was on my way to the airport and one was in front.

He checked me out in the rear view mirror, planted it, and I caught and sailed passed him easily!

Surely it shouldnt be that easy?

I have a rev 3 turbo w/ avc-r @ 1.05 kg/cm2, xspower £155 decat pipe, berk technology exhaust, apexi induction.

If it is that easy, man I love my MR2 !!
skipp123

Re: Focus ST

Post by skipp123 »

my old rev1 tubby pulled very slightly from my mates new 07 plate one and he was trying, however i was on the local bypass the other night just poodeling sitting at 50mph looked in my rear view and a st was literally on my bumper there no traffic he was just trying to p1$$ me off tried the tap on the brake but still there so just stuck my arm out the window and waved him on coulnt even be bothered my thoughts were if my old rev1 tubby with exhaust, filter, and 1bar boost left one then my new rev4 would leave it standing waist of petrol...... let him go and just wacked the music up again....

i heared through the grape vine that the ace caffe have banned all fords from there caffe cos there all absoloute nutters dougnutting in the car parks racing eachother out side and wacking there anti lag on :twisted:
gordy.r

Post by gordy.r »

Yeah your average tubby would leave an ST for dead. I had an RS try and race me on the motorway in my old tubby which had a few mods (boost @1.1bar, decat, induction etc etc) and there was not much of a competition really, i felt embarrased sailing past him! 8)
millentubby

Post by millentubby »

my mate should be picking one of them up any day now - he's still only 20 (bloomin' policeman getting paid too much!) but has been giving me some figures;

around 225 bhp and 1300 kilos so not too bad for a new (messed up by EU regs) :mad: car.

Apparently the Focus RS was a bit of a pig and this one's much more driveable. But then Im' willing to bet they'll make and sell a lot more of these. :?

Am looking forward to having a wee drive of it, and I know it'll slaughter my mk1 on the straights. :roll:

Was told the ford test people ran the 2.5 Turbo engine that's in the ST at top revs for 4 WEEKS before it blew up! Would love to find some evidence to back that up :neutral:
shibby!

Post by shibby! »

Its a Volvo engine in it. (i think)

4 Weeks on a volvo engine! Thats poor!

haha!

I drove one as a test drive pretty hard. My standard Rev 3 turbo will p1$$ on it all day long.

I reckon its heavier than 1300kg's though! It felt more like 1500kg's

Tell you somin though, they look damn good!!!!! White with the blue stripes down them.

And another thing! They are not devaluing either. New 18k, thats the same price you will pay for one a year old. :)

Its a very smooth car to drive, turbo comes in quite gradually

No match for our turbo power at all though/

Nick
stu b 1 tubby

Post by stu b 1 tubby »

My girlfriends father got his on friday, blue 06 plate 3 door, apparently it torque steers all over the road and is very twitchy. I will hopefully have ago with it this week
Andy Champ

Post by Andy Champ »

stu b 1 tubby wrote:My girlfriends father got his on friday, blue 06 plate 3 door, apparently it torque steers all over the road and is very twitchy. I will hopefully have ago with it this week

I could never buy one of these, just for the name.

Just ask your girlfriend if you think you should get an ST, and wait for the puzzled look...

Andy
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

just as long as they aint diesels otherwise they'd be an STD....
hmmm should i buy a ford STD? or imagine telling ur mates ur getting ur brand new std on friday and u cant wait.....
mattcambs

Post by mattcambs »

Was told the ford test people ran the 2.5 Turbo engine that's in the ST at top revs for 4 WEEKS before it blew up! Would love to find some evidence to back that up

I saw a short piece of film on tv a while back (might have been Top Gear) showing this test. The exhaust manifold and a good portion of the the rest of the exhaust was bright orange!
ducatichick

Post by ducatichick »

ST's are easy prey-I trounced one at santa pod a few months back-my old na beams ran a faster time too :lol:
jonb-

Post by jonb- »

Get a bluefin chip (or whatever it's called) in one and you've 300/300.

Easily enough to own a lightly modified tubby on roll on a road speeds.
shibby!

Post by shibby! »

jonb- wrote:Get a bluefin chip (or whatever it's called) in one and you've 300/300.

Not a standard ST though.

To be honest, from driving one, i think the book figures are over stated.

Its heavy and feels very sluggish, for a turbo.

Once you start modding something, anyones game! :)
RichardPON

Post by RichardPON »

jonb- wrote:Get a bluefin chip (or whatever it's called) in one and you've 300/300.

No chance.

35bhp if you're lucky on the Bluefin.

300 would involve manifold, exhaust, filter, bluefin at a minimum.

Our old FRS ran 360+ but on a different turbo, cams etc....

Was shockingly fast though!
jonb-

Post by jonb- »

I stand corrected.

All I know is there's one round here nicely modded and gives my 350z plenty of trouble on the A1!
[SiG]

Post by [SiG] »

jonb- wrote:I stand corrected.

All I know is there's one round here nicely modded and gives my 350z plenty of trouble on the A1!

Yeah but the 350Z's weigh more than the Moon m8 :mrgreen: :P
jonb-

Post by jonb- »

Are you quoting me there? :mrgreen:

They do weigh a lot (nearly 1600kgs) but we both know for roll on acceleration at motorway speeds weight is a much smaller factor than when doing 0-60 times..
rossdymond3352

Post by rossdymond3352 »

look very nice those ST's theres a few round my area, sound good too, but at the end of the day

ITS
A
FORD!!!!

:lol:
uezzell

Post by uezzell »

FORD
Fix Or Repair Daily
LOL \:D/
Century Motorsport

Post by Century Motorsport »

I enjoy my Focus - gives you bags of confidence in pushing it but has a tendancy for lift off oversteer which can catch you out.

Power wise, its ok - loads of torque but would benefit massivly from an extra 45hp (thats where bluefin comes in)

The worst part about this car is the terrible fuel consumtion - 22mpg average and thats not ragging it all the time........ :pale:

Awesome looks though - esp in orange with the motorsport body kit i have on it :wink:

Nathan
Builders of the the UK's first 9second MR2 - 9.722 @ 148 MPH ----- 07947883103 ---- www.centurymotorsport.com
The Morris

Post by The Morris »

rather have a VXR any day, Astra or Corsa

Return to “Driving Experiences”