MEETING AT MY PLACE - Caldecotte Arms - Milton Keynes

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mk1matty

MEETING AT MY PLACE - Caldecotte Arms - Milton Keynes

Post by mk1matty »

dont worry folks i'm not inviting you all over for tea and biccies
however i work for a pub in milton keynes called the caldecotte arms and was wondering if any of you would like to come over for a meeting as i've seen a few mk1s and a couple of mk2 in the area dont want to step on any ones toes so if i've done wrong here please say and i wont be offended just thought it might be a nice opertunaty for all us two owners
to say hello and maybe have an exchange of ideas
just a little note to say also we do two meals for a tenner monday to friday
so if anyone is interested in a day out with cheep meals available my boss has oked this so should people be interested we will have plenty of space
mk1matty
monkeymax

Re: MEETING AT MY PLACE - Caldecotte Arms - Milton Keynes

Post by monkeymax »

Hello!
I've been there not too long ago - I study at Cranfield and one of my mates lives in Aspley Guise, not far from you. Will say hello next time I'm in there - who knows, I may have the '2 back on the road by then!

Note: Not too sure about whether you're allowed to advertise, mind. But next time the concrete cows is on (the Milton Keynes Run) we'll have to see about stopping off there!
mk1matty

my place

Post by mk1matty »

sweet ! any one else in the area want to come over for the day?
paul port

Post by paul port »

certainly...
But I can only confirm nearer the time once a date is set...
The previous MK meets have always clashed with something or other...

paul
MK_Steve

Post by MK_Steve »

Erm, but the Caldecote arms is where we meet up for the concrete cows meet anyway :lol:

Draven used to organise it, but he's living in a different country now, so not sure if there are gonna be anymore.

I was trying to think of a location for a new MK meet to replace the gap left by CC, but I cant think of anywhere as good as the Caldecote arms, and didnt want to steal Dravens idea! 8-[

Would be good to get a regular meet going again - CC was such a blast! There are a fair few MK peeps about, so shouldnt be too hard to get us together.

Steve
monkeymax

Post by monkeymax »

MK_Steve wrote:Erm, but the Caldecote arms is where we meet up for the concrete cows meet anyway :lol:

Yup, I know. I also know about Dave being abroad and so the CC stopping. I was hoping to try to resurrect it but need to get my '2 back on the road first, otherwise it's a bit pointless! It's now looking like he'll be back for his holidays before that's done the way things have been going lately!
If you want to organise something, go ahead - hopefully I'll be there!
Gouda

Post by Gouda »

If your going to organize something you can count me in to, have turned up to all the CC meets so far. They are a good laugh.

I questioned this with Dave before he left the country and he mentioned that he would be back a couple of times a year and was going to try and organize meets in this time. I don't think he will really care if someone else wants to and does organize a meet in his absence.

DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!!!!!!11111

PS The caldecote arms is a great place for a meet, the car park's big and the foods a good (and cheap), and now the weather's starting to improve we should start it up again.
Draven

Post by Draven »

Yes guys. I'm fine with you continuing the meet without me :) as i said to gouda i shall be back a few times during the year and will attempt to arrange meets before i come back.

:mrgreen:

Once i can confirm a flight back will stick a post up on IMOC with a date. I should be able to give people plenty of notice for when i return. Will be in a couple of months.

:thumleft:
MK_Steve

Post by MK_Steve »

Caldecote does seem to be the best place for a meet. Great food, really easy to get to, the A5 right next door for a blast, but I just didnt wanna steal anyones thunder!

Draven, how about when you are back in town, you organise a mega meet and drive, truly worthy of the name Concrete Chaos, and in your absence, we'll just have a regular meet at the lake?

Just a shame that my new job has me working most Sundays #-o :roll:

Steve
Draven

Post by Draven »

I'm coming back in two weeks... see thread in off topic.. there will be a Concrete cows in the near future... Keep em peeled..
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

Grand stuff Dave - Kev and I will make the effort to turn up, and hopefully get some of the MR2 guys from around here to join us in convoy. :thumleft:
Mk2 NA Rev1 -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev2 -*- Mk1 NA -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev 3 = all gone!

Post by GTS 93 »

So guy's is this meet taking place??

jerry!!
Draven

Post by Draven »

GTS 93 wrote:So guy's is this meet taking place??

jerry!!

Have a look in the events section for Concrete Cows.. This meet is at the caldicotte arm's

:thumleft:

Return to “Past Events”