Phoenix Power I/C

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

ENSMR2

Phoenix Power I/C

Post by ENSMR2 »

Where can I get it?

Been doing a bit of research and it's rated as the best aftermarket i/c's for the 2 for stock location.

I was gonna go for the apexi i/c which is where PP got their core from but apparently PP use bigger inlet/outlet/pipes? So Im gonna go for that one instead of the apexi.

Also : The apexi comes with a hard pipe conversion. Dees the PP come with the same?

Cheers,

N
Edwin

Re: Phoenix Power I/C

Post by Edwin »

I hear the Spearco intercooler kit is quite good as well, and it is readily available at turbohoses.com. May be worth a look. They offer a fully polished hardpipe kit as well. I may be getting this one myself!

Driftlimits Performance
IMOC Affiliated Company

Post by Driftlimits Performance »

the PP comes with monster hard piping. Having looked at a fair few, my money would be on the PP IC everyday of the week.
ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

Great news on the hard pipes. Just need to find out where to get hold of it now.
Driftlimits Performance
IMOC Affiliated Company

I know 2 people that have got them through Jase @ MTTE.

Although is in Japland at the mo.
ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

I thought of MTTE. They used to have it up on the site but it's not been on there for a while so I assumed that they didn't/couldn't get em anymore.

Looks like I'll be sending an email. :D
Bry

i/c

Post by Bry »

The Pheonix power i/c is certainly a great bit of kit.The pipe work is huge and fits together very well unlike the spearco where the pipe work is a bit on the dodgy side.The PP pipe work is actually bolted to the i/c at the bottom so there's no chance of leaking.I certainly noticed a large difference when I fitted it to mne,and that was during the winter!Here's some pics
Watch out OZ here I come !!
Driftlimits Performance
IMOC Affiliated Company

[Homer]mmmmmmm, Bliiiiiiiing[/Homer]
JJ

Post by JJ »

hey bry, have you got any pictures of the intercooler itself ???

I'm led to beleive I have a Pheonix Power IC - the hard pipes are similar but the core looks like a HKS to me ??

Fanks.

:D
|| S256SX Airwerks Powered MR2 Turbo || V10 BMW M5 ||
Bry

Post by Bry »

JJ wrote:hey bry, have you got any pictures of the intercooler itself ???

I'm led to beleive I have a Pheonix Power IC - the hard pipes are similar but the core looks like a HKS to me ??

Fanks.

:D

All the pics I had of just the core were on the old imoc site and are now lost forever.I think John rees has got some pics of his though.If your hard pipes look similar and the one that goes to the bottom of the core uses a flange to bolt up to the core,then it's probably the apexi i/c as that looks pretty much the same except the pheonix power i/c uses larger end tanks
hth
Bry :D
JJ

Post by JJ »

Ta ! :D

Is that a HKS BOV too !!??? It's like the side of the intercooler pipe opening up the size of it !!! :lol:
|| S256SX Airwerks Powered MR2 Turbo || V10 BMW M5 ||
Bry

Post by Bry »

JJ wrote:Ta ! :D

Is that a HKS BOV too !!??? It's like the side of the intercooler pipe opening up the size of it !!! :lol:

It's Greddy type s bov,it did have the type r bov on it but I found out that it was for cars producing upwards of 400bhp :shock: Fitted to mine I was getting compressor surge, which sounded great but obviously was not doing the turbo any good.The Pheonix power hard pipe comes with a bov flange welded into it and only a few bov's will fit it,the greddy range being one of them,sounds nice and subtle 8)
ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

Those are some big pipes :shock:
John Rees

Post by John Rees »

The Pics are of my PP pipes and Brys PP I/C's during install, you can see my pipes after they were wrapped, along with my toes :oops:
The comparison between the two I/C's the larger one is the PP and the other is a spearco or a greedy I think. I'm sure Bry will know.
You can see the larger tank ends and the pipe work is larger than the smaller I/C.
The PP pipe work is very smooth with no extra sections / connections
I think you will find because of the large end tanks the PP IC is the largest standard mount IC you can get.

John

PS luckily mine was on the car when I got it, PHHWEEE :D
ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

I want it right now :x . Damn those pictures!! Im gonna print them off and hang em up at home until I get it. Or until the missus gets fed up and thows them out! :shock:
John Rees

Post by John Rees »

Im gonna print them off and hang em up at home until I get it

I'd be carefull doing that, you might not get the I/C or anything else for some time :wink:

Its worth a go though. :lol:
ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

You may be right. :x

I've had to put off selling the Prelude for a little since I don't think anyone is gonna be too interested in coming to view it with all this snow and crappy weather.

Still give me 2 months and I should have the ££££ either way :D
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

edit - Sorry about that, Opened a link in a thread and replied to it not knowing that the thread was 4 years old!! #-o #-o
Bry

Post by Bry »

Steve-O 2007 wrote:edit - Sorry about that, Opened a link in a thread and replied to it not knowing that the thread was 4 years old!! #-o #-o

ah those were the days :lol:
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

just to add to this thread....

i had my greddy ic on my rev2, i planned to swap over the hoses and mikalor clamps to my rev5 with a PP ic before i sold it, after all, they looked good, and did a great job.

my heart shrunk when none of the hoses or mikalor clamps would transfer onto the PP ic hardpipes! so was £100 werth of hoses and clamps gone!!

the hoses on my PP kit are 70mm ID bore!

Return to “Modifications”