next imoc trackday?

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Quigonjay

next imoc trackday?

Post by Quigonjay »

has any thought been put in to this yet?
any suggestions as to where it should be?
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Re: next imoc trackday?

Post by Lauren »

we haven't decided yet.

not sure where to go for it at the moment. We wanted to do something a bit more advanced than the usual suspects: ie elv, angersea or mallory.

Angersea is a great weekend and social, there was talk of cadwell park, i've looked at lydden hill too.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
MartG

Post by MartG »

Croft ? :D I was so impressed with it a couple of weeks ago, I went home and booked it again in September.

( Lauren - would give you the chance to tick another UK track off your list :wink: )
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

MartG wrote:Croft ? :D I was so impressed with it a couple of weeks ago, I went home and booked it again in September.

( Lauren - would give you the chance to tick another UK track off your list :wink: )

I would like to go to Croft, trouble is numbers and hiring it all to ourselves. At the most we could only hope to take a couple of sessions, it will be sessioned btw.
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

As long as it didn't clash with any MR2C dates I'd be well up for a visit to Cadwell Park. We only got one double header there this year and I really enjoy the circuit.

For those who've never been, here's a complete lap from an MR2 Challenge race earlier this year:

http://media.putfile.com/UK-MR2-Challen ... dwell-Park

\:D/

Rogue
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

What about castle combe, prices are usually pretty good and cheap, technical enough for the more advanced drivers but not too daunting for the newbies?
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Bender Unit wrote:What about castle combe, prices are usually pretty good and cheap, technical enough for the more advanced drivers but not too daunting for the newbies?

Combe is a no, no. Mainly because there is a ten car limit on track so value for moneywise its crap as you end up having 4X 15min sessions.

the idea was we wanted to go to a more technical circuit, mainly because every track day we have done since 2001 has been aimed at the newbies. Surely now there must a be a fair few IMOCers that fancy something of a challenge trackwise and want to take it to the next level?
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

10 cars only? I am sure tonnes of car clubs have run vastly more cars than that - pretty sure the last day that was run had 30 odd cars on track at one time.

I thought combe was a technical circuit? Anyway truth is unless you get the numbers its going to be Anglesea in December and take up is probably going to be low?

Oulton and Brands are two I would like to try.
cartledge_uk

Post by cartledge_uk »

brands im sure they'd only do the indy circuit. although im just guessing. anyone?

what about:
i wouldnt mind thruxton, always wanted to do 3 sisters
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Bender Unit wrote:10 cars only? I am sure tonnes of car clubs have run vastly more cars than that - pretty sure the last day that was run had 30 odd cars on track at one time.

I thought combe was a technical circuit? Anyway truth is unless you get the numbers its going to be Anglesea in December and take up is probably going to be low?

From a TDO point of view it is 10 cars only at a time. There may be different rules they run for the CCC type days that are put on by Combe themselves. Combe is fairly technical, though there are far better circuits out there that really.

Oulton would be great but a bit pricey. Brands is way too expensive for what it is... the indy circuit is a rip-off for what it is.. you looking at getting on for £200 to drive a 1mile oval.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

cartledge_uk wrote:brands im sure they'd only do the indy circuit. although im just guessing. anyone?

what about:
i wouldnt mind thruxton, always wanted to do 3 sisters

You can have Brands GP. BaT went there a month or so ago. At £375 it may be a bit pricey though!! :shock:

Indy is over-rated and not worth doing IMO... is expensive for what it is.

Thruxton don't do trackdays have severe noise restrictions there... so no go.

I did 3 sisters last year. Was a good laugh (it was very wet), but IMO not big enough to be a serious contender, its a kart track and tbh it feels like it.
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

Bender Unit wrote:10 cars only? I am sure tonnes of car clubs have run vastly more cars than that - pretty sure the last day that was run had 30 odd cars on track at one time.

oulton would get my vote too - but only because its the closest one to me
skinthespin

Post by skinthespin »

Oulton park is an ace circuit IMO, I would like to go there again for sure, I will likely be at Donnington on the 7th also if anyone wants to get together and have a think?

Ta
skinthespin

Post by skinthespin »

Oh, and id be up for cadwell, I thinks it a bit Mickey Mouse as a circuit TBH but be interesting to compare my bike/car lap times!
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

skinthespin wrote:Oulton park is an ace circuit IMO, I would like to go there again for sure, I will likely be at Donnington on the 7th also if anyone wants to get together and have a think?

Ta

Oulton is a great circuit, its the price factor that could be an issue. As for Cadwell being mickey mouse, are you on drugs?

Cadwell is IMO the best circuit in the UK, it is so varied and so technical, to be quick round there you really need to know your stuff. Nowhere else do you get so many brilliant sections and variety. The only corner i don't like is Barn, but Coppice is brilliant for a ballsy near flat out corner, then there is Charlies where you really have to get the balance spot-on to get the exit right. Park is crucial to get the drive out of Chris Curve whcih is brilliant at full throttle with teh car drifting round. Then there is the do or die Gooseneck which takes bottle to get right and on through Mansfield to The Mountain which needs great car control to get the best out of it. Over the top and into Hall Bends which again require millimetre perfect lines on the entry to get the drive out of it.

Circuits like Donny have great sections like the Craner Curves, but Cadwell is just brilliant throughout.

I love Oulton two, would come second on my list, Old Hall is a great challenge as is Cascades and hanging for dear life round Island is a great challenge. Foulstons is crap, knickerbrook is a little lame, though Druids is a great corner.
mr2mk1chick

Post by mr2mk1chick »

Cadwell - yea please!
I can't wait to have a go. looks a bit scary at some points, and technical too - but great to try and rise to the challenge of some of the 'driver frightener' corners.
skinthespin

Post by skinthespin »

Im going to book Donnington in the next couple of day btw, 7th July, friday evening, £99 open pit lane. be nice to see some of you there!

Simon
jonno

Post by jonno »

skinthespin wrote:Im going to book Donnington in the next couple of day btw, 7th July, friday evening, £99 open pit lane. be nice to see some of you there!

Simon

Who with? I might meet you there...
Forever Feels Like Home, Sitting All Alone Inside Your Head...
jonb-

Post by jonb- »

jonno wrote:
skinthespin wrote:Im going to book Donnington in the next couple of day btw, 7th July, friday evening, £99 open pit lane. be nice to see some of you there!

Simon

Who with? I might meet you there...

Health permitting i'll be there.
skinthespin

Post by skinthespin »

Booked through donington park mate.

5-9pm, briefing at 4pm, couple of friends going, so keep an eye out for my mr2 next to an orange elise, shouldnt be to hard to spot!

Si

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”