e-bay superchips?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

steveaddy

e-bay superchips?

Post by steveaddy »

hi has anyone seen the performance mod that a company is selling on ebay ment to be like a superchip?it says its a electronic device that fits between your air sensor and ecu a piggy back device.has anyone tried this on there mr2?it says a increase of 8bhp which i find unlikely.the seller is power mods
kerazee

Re: e-bay superchips?

Post by kerazee »

you get what you pay for, this is a simple resistor that fools the ECU into thinking that it is colder than it as and causes it to over fuel.
Rory

Post by Rory »

Complete waste of money. Steer clear!

Rory
My MR2 for sale! Check out the for sale section
j0nathan

Post by j0nathan »

The April issue of Practical Performance Car has a small write up about these devices and how they are just a money making scam. £35 for a 30p resistor!
david240968

Post by david240968 »

if anyone really wants one of these i have one hanging in my engine bay in exchange for a small beer token to cover postage. as soosn as i got my 2 i disconnected it. the guy i bought it from swore it was brilliant but i have lost no power buy disconnecting it and i don't like the idea of fooling my engine into thinking its colder than it is, i'm sure if toyota wanted that they would have done so themselves. just my opinion of course. :whistle:
Rory

Post by Rory »

Im ashamed to admit that I bought one of these a few years ago for a Renault I had. Made no difference what so ever! The only difference I noticed was that my Renault Valver exhaust smel more than usual. Prob due the the rich running caused by one of these rip off chips.

Rory
My MR2 for sale! Check out the for sale section
Harry

waste of time!

Post by Harry »

flea bay... :thumbdown:
mikey2

Post by mikey2 »

steveaddy wrote:hi has anyone seen the performance mod that a company is selling on ebay ment to be like a superchip?it says its a electronic device that fits between your air sensor and ecu a piggy back device.has anyone tried this on there mr2?it says a increase of 8bhp which i find unlikely.the seller is power mods

i have to say i have tried it, i paid 4.99 for it, i did notice a difference, both in performance and fuel consumpion, i also had it fitted for the mot, mainly cos the mot was 9am and i woke up at 845, and forgot to take it off, it made very little difference to the emmissions, was well with in the limit, by nearly 3% infact. to be fair, for 4.99 its was almost worth trying, at the end of the day if you dont try then you dont know for sure. for me it seemed to work ok, i did definatly notice the difference, the throttle was more responsive and it was a touch quicker, but it drank the fuel in return. its down to personal opinion really. cheers M :clown:
Gaz6002

Post by Gaz6002 »

ROFLMAO
Modded Supra TT6

Return to “Modifications”