janspeed db

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mart1975

janspeed db

Post by mart1975 »

anyone know how many decibells these are ?
ldavies83

Re: janspeed db

Post by ldavies83 »

101db I've heard. However, I might ask someone to measure mine just for informational purposes tomorrow at the track day
mart1975

Post by mart1975 »

thats what i was thinking of. i hope i can make track days as most track organisers are quite strict with regards to db
ldavies83

Post by ldavies83 »

TBH I think you will have problems at most venues with Janspeed, mongoose is a better bet. I'm lucky that anglesey has a 105db limit :shock:

That reminds me, I've got to go! \:D/
Lunarmatic

Post by Lunarmatic »

mart1975 wrote:thats what i was thinking of. i hope i can make track days as most track organisers are quite strict with regards to db

I did a track day at Donington with my NA and that had a Janspeed on it. But I have heard that some circuits have stricter levels.
mart1975

Post by mart1975 »

Lunarmatic wrote:
mart1975 wrote:thats what i was thinking of. i hope i can make track days as most track organisers are quite strict with regards to db

I did a track day at Donington with my NA and that had a Janspeed on it. But I have heard that some circuits have stricter levels.

ok donnington is what i was thinking of.
ive never done a track day yet, how do they know the db? and will they test for db levels before i pay?
sorry if my questions sound stupid, i just dont know the routine
crazylegs

Post by crazylegs »

dont think you will be able to run on most tracks with a janspeed.I had one a couple of years back and got rid of it. Lauren is the girl to tell you for sure.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

mart1975 wrote:
Lunarmatic wrote:

ok donnington is what i was thinking of.
ive never done a track day yet, how do they know the db? and will they test for db levels before i pay?
sorry if my questions sound stupid, i just dont know the routine

You can go to the circuit and get a static noise test which ought to give you at least some indication of how loud your car is. Donington operate a driveby noise limit of 98db so you can't really tell until you are out on track. Janspeed is noisy though, wouldn't surprise me if you had problems.
MartG

Post by MartG »

If you are really worried, bookatrack.com rent out noise meters. Have a look at their website for details.

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”