Just fitted stereo properly and its really quiet (active)

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

crispydee

Just fitted stereo properly and its really quiet (active)

Post by crispydee »

When my girl friend got the car the stereo wiring was a mess so i wired it in how the last owner did (bye passed the active setup) while i sourced a genuine toyota stereo plug as this had been cut off.
Today ive soldered the original plug back on and connected up the stereo with a iso-toyota lead.
Its really quiet and the quality is crap. now from a search i found it may be the active setup amp located behind the seat belt area but how can i test if its xxxxx? Also the power on the perminant feed is .5v while the ignition is the full 13v
Cheers
Last edited by crispydee on Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
craig

Re: Just fitted stereo properly and its really quiet (active)

Post by craig »

Moved to electrical then to ICE & Security as people will see it as a shadow in both sections and you'll get a better response.
Last edited by craig on Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crispydee

Post by crispydee »

Cool, thanks
craig

Post by craig »

For what it's worth mate, I had a similar problem with my amp. I tried to reconnect the plug and it sounded real quiet and fuzzy. I took the amp out flogged it on ebay and powered my speakers from the headunit.

Sounded nice :D
crispydee

Post by crispydee »

Yeah thats what im thinking now.
Been checking over it all tho and there is no power + or - where they should be on the iso. So what im thinking is that the amp is not being powered up either. The clock still works so that fuse is ok, is the another for the active system?
craig

Post by craig »

not sure there mate, sorry :(

Return to “ICE and Security”