Really Now!

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

llenrub

Really Now!

Post by llenrub »

There is only 6 cars with a recorded standing 1/4 time under 13 seconds on this site, yet people claim to have beaten so many cars that have considerably more horse power and overall performance. Nearly all of the owners on this site are running stock internals, limiting them to no more than 330 HP.

My rev 2 is expected to make at 360 hp with the upgrade internals currently underway. I also have an f355. I dont beleive the MR2 will be a fast!
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Re: Really Now!

Post by tonigmr2 »

Nothing beats a constructive first post... :roll:

Hello anyway...F355 huh?
T
michael

Post by michael »

Brian: What's the retail on one of those?
Ferrari Driver: More than you can afford pal.
Dom: [turning to Brian] Smoke him.

So you have a Ferrari eh.... :roll: .... if this is the case why are scared that an insurer might check this site to see what mods you have? Surely a gentleman of your status can afford to notify their insurer of any changes made to the car and take the slight premium rise that comes with it?

There was a time when I'd be impressed by someone owning a 355, that was before they dropped in value to the level of a decent Mondeo or Vectra and before I experienced cheaper cars that really can destroy them on the road and track. Don't get me wrong I still regard them as a beautiful machine but they "ain't all that" where it matters.

If your supposed 360bhp MR2 isn't quicker than the 355 then you either don't have a true 360bhp or you are a poo driver.

Oh and welcome to IMOC.
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Oh and is your user-name 'burn 'ell' backwards?

Just wondering. :D
T
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

Cobby?
Mikejc

Post by Mikejc »

Regarding your comment on the limit being 330bhp due to standed internals.....this is not strictly true!

My own car has only maxed out around that figure due to fueling and the standed turbo. Something that is being fixed as we speak :twisted:

I also agree with Michael on this too. An Mr2 producing anything above 340bhp would be more than a match for the 355 in term of speed :wink:

Mikejc
llenrub

Post by llenrub »

Because Im in that business. I know what is acceptable and what is not. So if your running a stand alone ECU and uprated internals I know that your not declared the full extent to your insurer!
The Morris

Post by The Morris »

That was a bit harsh from Michael

The 355 is the best looking ferrari, i believe they are 360bhp, but not turbo so will have less Torque.

I thought my car was fast, then Mark Edwards absolutley thrashed me along the duel carraigeway. He has about 310 bhp and is havind a stand alone fitted soon. I cant imagine any car being that much quicker. But if your MR2 is going to have 360bhp it will be faster than the ferrari im sure.
The Morris

Post by The Morris »

llenrub wrote:Because Im in that business. I know what is acceptable and what is not. So if your running a stand alone ECU and uprated internals I know that your not declared the full extent to your insurer!

They wouldnt know about your internals
llenrub

Post by llenrub »

Yours is a rev 3 so you can add 20 HP.

Seriously now, The MR2 was never designed to run high power and performance. Big increases in HP leads to greater instabilityand reliability. My F355 is totally standard and will run without any issues for years. It is never unreliable and I never feel the need to modify it. I will also get a reasonable price when I decide to sell it.

My MR2 modifying habbit is just daft really!
llenrub

Post by llenrub »

They are 380 hp but they run it all day with a yawn and a stretch. What I do like about the MR2 is that they are a wolf in sheeps clothing. I like to keep my as stock looking as possible.
Mikejc

Post by Mikejc »

so you think that your 355 will be more reliable than a Toyota lol

I'm more than sure that the Mr2 modded or not, will be more reliable so long as its serviced regular

Mikejc
llenrub

They wouldnt know about your internals

Post by llenrub »

Upon claim the isurer will/may ask where the mods where done. The engineer has a duty to provide all info necessary including Dyno charts!
llenrub

Post by llenrub »

And anyway, if you can buy a house you can own a ferrari. They're cheaper than houses!
Mikejc

Post by Mikejc »

Not in the long run lol :wink:

Mikejc
michael

Post by michael »

llenrub wrote:Because Im in that business. I know what is acceptable and what is not. So if your running a stand alone ECU and uprated internals I know that your not declared the full extent to your insurer!

Eh?

My point was that you seem reluctant to post any info on mods because you are scared that an insurer would see it - I was saying that a man of your obvious financial status should be happy to declare *all* mods to their insurance company just like most of us do. If I had a standalone and internals my insurer would know about it.

Why would you hide something of that nature and risk invalidating your cover?
michael

Post by michael »

The Morris wrote:That was a bit harsh from Michael

Was it?

The 355 is the best looking ferrari, i believe they are 360bhp, but not turbo so will have less Torque.

Best looking Ferrari in your opinion maybe but not mine. Best looking *affordable* Ferrari perhaps and as I said it's a car I fancy owning at some point (cabrio though).

I thought my car was fast, then Mark Edwards absolutley thrashed me along the duel carraigeway. He has about 310 bhp and is havind a stand alone fitted soon. I cant imagine any car being that much quicker. But if your MR2 is going to have 360bhp it will be faster than the ferrari im sure.

It's all relative, no matter what car you drive it's likely someone will have something faster....
michael

Re: They wouldnt know about your internals

Post by michael »

llenrub wrote:Upon claim the isurer will/may ask where the mods where done. The engineer has a duty to provide all info necessary including Dyno charts!

:roll:
Jon S

Post by Jon S »

llenrub wrote:And anyway, if you can buy a house you can own a ferrari. They're cheaper than houses!

I've got a house. That's why I can't afford a Ferrari :?
Steve Horrocks

Re: They wouldnt know about your internals

Post by Steve Horrocks »

llenrub wrote:Upon claim the isurer will/may ask where the mods where done. The engineer has a duty to provide all info necessary including Dyno charts!

blimey!! i'd better get on a RR to see what difference my new alloys & lowering have made!! :roll:
476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3

Return to “Driving Experiences”