EFI fuse blowing driving along and engine cuts out.

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

masterbateson

EFI fuse blowing driving along and engine cuts out.

Post by masterbateson »

Went out for a little test run yest after replacing rear passenger shock and spring.
Whilst out car was pulling very nicely and slightly scarily, any way whilst scaring my self around some local twisty country back roads, on a few occasions the car cut out.

I must have been lucky as my 1st point of call turned out to be right, I opened the engine bay and started checking fuses.
Got to the EFI fuse and sure enough had popped and i was out in the middle of nowhere #-o

So i did a bodge, opened the frunk and nicked a fuse from somewhere else, think it was drivers main beam fuse.
So of towards home I went, untill.... yup Pop, blown again.
Borrowed another fuse and this time got home.
Next day after a bit of engine bay peering I noticed a bad connection to the water temp sensor and another possible culprit two loose wires possibly been shorting to each other or the chassis, i think the sensor they came off maybe the Turbo pressure sensor? :?: Its on chassis/boot wall and is near the high voltage stuff.

Any way sorted these two things out and went for a good blast, all good \:D/
But i wont celebrate just yet until she has done a few weeks of running without blowing again.
I'll try and pop some pics on later.
Last edited by masterbateson on Mon May 02, 2016 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeffers999

Re: EFI fuse blowing driving along and engine cuts out.

Post by Jeffers999 »

I had the same happen to mine and was the wire going to the alternator :)

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”