[Mk2] [Turbo] Walbro fuel pumps

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mr2mel

[Mk2] [Turbo] Walbro fuel pumps

Post by mr2mel »

I am after a new Walbro 255 to replace my old one on my rev 3 turbo and was looking to get it from Driven 2 Automotive on ebay. Has any one used these, they have good feedback but any information would be appreciated.Cheers Mel.[/u][/i][/b]
bobhatton

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Walbro fuel pumps

Post by bobhatton »

mr2mel wrote:I am after a new Walbro 255 to replace my old one on my rev 3 turbo and was looking to get it from Driven 2 Automotive on ebay. Has any one used these, they have good feedback but any information would be appreciated.Cheers Mel.[/u][/i][/b]

Never buy anything from Ebay, most on there are cheap things made in China and are crap, not what you want is a fuel pump.

Get one from Demon Tweeks, they never sell anything from China
Designer for turbo set ups on F1 cars, and Nitrous Oxide Systems of the USA in the 80s
mr2mel

walbro fuel pump

Post by mr2mel »

If i was to fit a larger pump than my current walbro 255 would i need to upgrade the electrics as i have been told yes , and no there is no need to.Any info would be appreciated. Cheers Mel.
MartinF

Re: walbro fuel pump

Post by MartinF »

mr2mel wrote:If i was to fit a larger pump than my current walbro 255 would i need to upgrade the electrics as i have been told yes , and no there is no need to.Any info would be appreciated. Cheers Mel.

If you buy a new stereo will it sound louder?

Just like your question nobody can answer that question without more details. You need to at least narrow it down to a make and model of pump, and then there should be a current spec vs. Fuel pressure spec available.
Blue Lexus RCF
Black MKIV UK Manual Supra
Green MK2 MR2 Tin Top
Odin_S

Post by Odin_S »

Absolutely no point changing from an OEM fuel if you are not running more than standard power.

The walbro fuel pump is loud
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

Can always go for an uprated denso supra pump from the us if you dont mind the wait!
http://www.densofuelpump.com/
Al-sw20

Post by Al-sw20 »

Supra pump > noisy Walbro every day.

Return to “Mechanical”