Quality water meth kits

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Odin_S

Quality water meth kits

Post by Odin_S »

I'm going to be going down this route after getting good advice from a reputable engine builder about the pros and cons of this and a charge coolers

Who are the guys to go to for a progressive system ie one that only comes on when on boost?
I know of Cooling mist. I would like more so I can compare

Thanks
:thumleft:
archangel

Re: Quality water meth kits

Post by archangel »

Was recently talking to Adrian at Fensport about this. Had a tuning session for my motec ecu and we were limited by engine temps. Next step if I want more power will probably be water meth injection and they do kits and can configure their behaviour. Would match this with a mapping session, of course as long as you have a mappable ecu.
Rev1 Tubby, Garrett GT3071R, Motec M4 EMS, 880cc delphis, Rev3 turbo port polished built head/cams/titanium retainers, shim under buckets, HD springs, etc., rear bumper mounted intercooler, and vanilla air freshener.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

I was running a stage one system (non progressive system) under 1.2bar , w/m came in at 0.5 bar with a 0.7mm jet .. worked mega and i mean mega .. made with tuning some serious extra hp ... if your running more that 1.2 bar a progressive system would probably be best , something mapable .. speak to tfs if hes still about he will sort you out , very knowledgeable , think hes on ebay .. google "tfs and water/meth imoc ", you'll find my install and finding too.

Best of luck mate :thumleft:

Link .. http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... 9f0c3f2f45
bri0905

Post by bri0905 »

Or Bruce at devils own. He's really knowledgeable on the subject.

http://www.methanol-injection.co.uk/
96 Rev 3 Turbo, Done!
MartinF

Post by MartinF »

http://www.aquamist-direct.com/

Have been around a long time and supply various kits and parts.
Blue Lexus RCF
Black MKIV UK Manual Supra
Green MK2 MR2 Tin Top
masterbateson

Post by masterbateson »

Holy smoke! :!:

I've just gone off going down the water meth route after I've seen those prices.

What's the consensus over which is best WM or nitrous?

Been watching a lot of an american program called street outlaw and they all run turbo's or nitrous or both.

They are running some ridiculous power!!!
masterbateson

Power on the cheap

Post by masterbateson »

In theory could you get a 2nd hand nitrous kit for say another car and ghetto fit it, if your chasing power on a tight budget?

Thinking 2nd hand kits for other cars as ones for 2's will be like looking for rocking horse poo
rev3turbo

Post by rev3turbo »

AEM and their progressive controller is what i bought

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AEM-V2-1-Gall ... 1a058ec5d8
bri0905

Post by bri0905 »

Didn't think nitrous kits were vehicle specific.
96 Rev 3 Turbo, Done!
2mad

Post by 2mad »

masterbateson wrote:Holy smoke! :!:

I've just gone off going down the water meth route after I've seen those prices.

Been watching a lot of an american program called street outlaw and they all run turbo's or nitrous or both.

I watch street outlaws too (every episode , love farmtruck) and there nitros engines last a quarter mile race .. if they make it 8-[ .. w/m is an in enhancement you can do as many pulls as you want and the engines better for it :thumleft:

Descents stage one meth kit on ebay £120 ... not a bank breaker for the rewards you'll get :thumleft:
Odin_S

Post by Odin_S »

Think I'm going for the AEM kit myself. Stage 1 works well for a ct20 stage engine. However once your engine is built i think something with a failsafe is required.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Odin_S wrote:Think I'm going for the AEM kit myself. Stage 1 works well for a ct20 stage engine. However once your engine is built i think something with a failsafe is required.

Aquamist (like ive got) still have a failsafe but if your on a high boost built engine .. progressive is best .. and have it mapped :thumleft:

If your running a ct26, ct26 hybrid or ct20b under 1.2bar .. a stage one will do (7mm jet)
markstevieandmads

Post by markstevieandmads »

2mad wrote:

I watch street outlaws too (every episode , love farmtruck) and there nitros engines last a quarter mile race .. if they make it 8-[ .. w/m is an in enhancement you can do as many pulls as you want and the engines better for it :thumleft:

Descents stage one meth kit on ebay £120 ... not a bank breaker for the rewards you'll get :thumleft:

Any links?
2mad

Post by 2mad »

markstevieandmads wrote:
2mad wrote:

Any links?

Could only find one secnond-hand kit on ebay bit to pricey at £175 I will keep an eye out and report back if i see anything :thumleft:

Ps. link just incase your interested (cant tell what kit it is though) .. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAZDA-RX7-FD- ... 2ee6037e52

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”