Any MK1.5 owners out there?

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

chaos19810

Any MK1.5 owners out there?

Post by chaos19810 »

Hi I'm just looking for people that have owned a mk1.5 I'm thinking that it's been a while since I've done a project and as life has settled I am now in the situation where I could start something.

I have a rev5 with a rev3 tubby engine to take all the electronics and running gear and brakes from I am wondering if anyone has done the conversion, how did you find it? Also is there anyone out there with a mk1.5 willing to take me out for a spin so I can see what it is like?

I know there is a Paul woods guide out there somewhere but every link I find from older post is broken or the article is no longer there.
elbon50

Re: Any MK1.5 owners out there?

Post by elbon50 »

www.twobrutal.co.uk is your friend :thumleft:
Peter

1989 MR2 Mk1 NA T-bar
1998 Ssangyong Korando GLS
2011 Honda Civic Type R
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

Just ask me directly, all of the info is free.

I built the first one in Europe in 2001 and have built dozens of them since so anything you need to know just ask.

I supply a jig to enable easy engine mount welding and can walk you throught the entire build, or build it for you.

Pretty much the most fun you can have in a Mk1 :thumleft:
aw11rally

Post by aw11rally »

Just do it, you won't be disappointed.

A bloke on a Ninja once pulled up next to me at a set of lights and knocked on the drivers window. He wanted to know what the hell he'd been chasing as he'd never had to try so hard!

A 1.5 definitely demands respect, kicking sideways when switching lanes to overtake (on the M62) in traffic deffinitely wakes you up.

I'd take you for a spin but mine is currently rather rusty and down on 3 cylinders after a trip to Santa Pod. However it's still feels damn quick and is great fun around the fields / yard :D

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”