Caribbean Blue MR2 - TwoBrutal 1MZFE V6

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

juliankv73

Caribbean Blue MR2 - TwoBrutal 1MZFE V6

Post by juliankv73 »

Well after selling my dream MR2, Id planned on buying a VW Camper, but after trawling the ads, then seeking advice, I would have needed to
double my budget to get a really good, reliable, rot free example. (Neighbour in my road restores and rents out VW campers)

So I decided to pay off some of the debt I accrued on my Rev5 Turbo, so even though Ive sold her, Im still £££'s in debt for her lol...such
is life eh #-o

My last 2 Rev5 Turbo's

But it wasnt all clouds :sunny: as my Dad has a Caribbean Blue MR2 Two Brutal 1MZFE V6 \:D/

Ironically, I bought back my old Rev5 Turbo in April 2013, then persuaded my Dad to go 50:50 :whistle: and buy this V6 MR2 in May 2013 from a
TwoBrutal member Tripod23 aka Simon.

Simon's attention to detail is what grabbed me, he had spent many hours on her and had effectively renewed every serviceable item
whilst also completing much restoration and preservation as he completed this 1MZFE conversion, it was so neat and so thoroughly
completed you could be forgiven in believing Toyota had completed it in Japan.

Simon even took it to his Toyota Main Dealer in Lancashire and had Toyota do a full inspection and assessment of the conversion! He was
that thorough, that Toyota assessed the conversion as meeting their high standards and he received a letter from Toyota to this effect \:D/

The build thread is well documented on Two Brutal
http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/showth ... kage/page8

Here's a few pics of her when we bought her in May 2013...

The V6 is such a different beastie to drive and so responsive, still that kick in the pants on acceleration but much more linear.

My Dad just drove summer/dry miles since owning her and wasnt until last year that any changes were made.

***************************************************************************************************

Then bought a genuine Rev5 combat spoiler & turbo engine lid (thanks Krish) & resprayed Caribbean blue.

Installed my WMS brake calipers

Removed the OEM wheels and put on my Desmond Wise wheels

Then fitted my Tein Flex coilovers with custom droplinks, which gave her a lower stance but now the ride is too hard for my Dad lol.

I never installed the EDFC, so its defaulted to its hardest setting!!! Im still in 2 minds whether to keep the Tein's on or remove
and refit the refurbished struts with yellow koni dampers (once Ive sourced some suitable lowering springs).

Our only other bugbear is the OEM Turbo exhaust...

So we are undecided on exhausts at the moment...:sad:

***************************************************************************************************

Otherwise bodywork wise, we had toyed with keeping her then as she is, but having owned my last Black REV5 Turbo with Greddy skirts etc
it was natural that Id be drawn to this look....:whistle:

...with Genuine Gracer/Greddy sideskirts already in Caribbean Blue :lol:

Would be rude of me not to fit them heh

Then fit my Recaro Tomcats
Now the plans are just to share and enjoy her with my Dad lol. Go to a few meets and shows and drive her \:D/
Last edited by juliankv73 on Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nic

Re: Caribbean Blue MR2 - TwoBrutal 1MZFE V6

Post by Nic »

Looks like a very nice well put together example :thumleft:

The damping of the Tein flex suspension can be adjusted using an allen key in the top of the strut (the EDFC is just a motor on the top of the strut that turns an allen key using electrickery).

Exhaust back pressure on an NA engine is a myth, have a read of this http://www.gomog.com/allmorgan/exhaustbackpressure.html
Nic
[email protected]
MR2 Rev 3 GT Turbo
thomp1983

Post by thomp1983 »

I run a 5zigen on my 3vz v6 and it's perfect, i use the car daily, when trundling to work and back it's subtle but give it full revs and tbe noise is immense, i suspect a fujitsubo will be similar if you prefer the twin exit look
juliankv73

Post by juliankv73 »

thomp1983 wrote:I run a 5zigen on my 3vz v6 and it's perfect, i use the car daily, when trundling to work and back it's subtle but give it full revs and tbe noise is immense, i suspect a fujitsubo will be similar if you prefer the twin exit look

Thanks pal, usually I prefer the single exit, but for my Dads mr2 um thinking twin exit, so looking like the Fujitsubo Legalis R is the one to go for.

Shame i missed out on 2 this week :cry:

Thanks for your experience/ advice :thumleft:
Herts66

Post by Herts66 »

I remember when simon sold this and being very tempted - probably one of the best in the UK.

Return to “Member Profiles”