hks ssqv 3

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

4ndee

hks ssqv 3

Post by 4ndee »

I brought a genuine hks ssqv 3 the other day. It seems very quiet compared to the fake ssqv 4 i used to have. It didnt come with any fin in the front. I hear they have 2 chambers for high and low pressure i think its not opening properly
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Re: hks ssqv 3

Post by Ryan S »

4ndee wrote:I brought a genuine hks ssqv 3 the other day. It seems very quiet compared to the fake ssqv 4 i used to have. It didnt come with any fin in the front. I hear they have 2 chambers for high and low pressure i think its not opening properly

it will loosen off, or at least my experience with a genuine one that's what happened, it was pretty stiff to begin with and didn't open properly and it eventually loosened off, then it eventually failed, Copies for the win, never had one fail on me yet :thumleft:
4ndee

Post by 4ndee »

Lmao awsome came of a race car its done less than 500 miles. Seems so quiet. Want the fin though.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

4ndee wrote:Lmao awsome came of a race car its done less than 500 miles. Seems so quiet. Want the fin though.

Ah that is odd, what boost are you running? Mine didn't make a great deal of noise on low boost :-k
4ndee

Post by 4ndee »

0.9 bar but was running a fake before and was real loud. I wonder if i take ìt appart and stretch the spring
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

4ndee wrote:0.9 bar but was running a fake before and was real loud. I wonder if i take ìt appart and stretch the spring

They are a pull type valve so that would make it open less/harder to open.

You could put the spring from the fake one in it.
4ndee

Post by 4ndee »

O yeah forgot its backwards. Ill try squeezing it
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Gold fin I bought . http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-HKS-SQV-S ... 2c86dfb1c7

You could probably use the fin from your old one ... If I had a clue were my old silver fin was i'd send it to you .. I'll have a look later :thumleft:

Ps..... very strange it didnt come with a fin 8-[
archangel

Post by archangel »

Yeah the fins should be interchangeable across any of the SSQV versions whether they are fake or not. I've taken apart both real and fake ones and found the only difference to be the diaphragm on the legit one to be a bit thicker (though that's the one that developed a tear). Oh but the fake one I had wasn't put together very well so I had to tighten the nuts inside for it to function properly. However it's been functioning nicely ever since.
Rev1 Tubby, Garrett GT3071R, Motec M4 EMS, 880cc delphis, Rev3 turbo port polished built head/cams/titanium retainers, shim under buckets, HD springs, etc., rear bumper mounted intercooler, and vanilla air freshener.
Harrodbear86

Post by Harrodbear86 »

Cool

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”