Very frustrating problem with my door locking - please help ?!

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Libertine

Very frustrating problem with my door locking - please help ?!

Post by Libertine »

MK2 REV 3 -

Ok , so last year my drivers door would stop locking when i turned the key, and any attempt to unlock it would result in the alarm going off and the immobiliser kicking in , I constantly had to lock / unlock the door from the passenger side, I bought a replacement micro locking switch which worked a treat until I found out I put it in slighly wrong and the window winding up and down snapped it.

I bought another micro locking switch the other day, installed it, and its only half working.. it only seems to lock the drivers door ( no locking noise is heard ) and it is leaving the passenger door unlocked..

can anybody please shed any light to what this could be? , The micro locking switch has clipped onto the locking barrell perfectly fine, and its working for locking the drivers door, but its not locking the passenger side too ?

Thanks in advance
Judderman

Re: Very frustrating problem with my door locking - please help ?!

Post by Judderman »

My passenger side door has never locked via central locking. Have to do it manually everytime. Its quite possible that mine is a wiring issue. Just never been a big enough issue for me to look into it.

There do appear to be a few threads I've seen on the forums re locking, so i'm sure the answer is out there somewhere !!

Good luck
Rob66

Re: Very frustrating problem with my door locking - please help ?!

Post by Rob66 »

Mine was doing the same not locking the passenger door when I first got it. It is a fairly common problem, if I remember correctly the wires corrode with age. I solved mine by getting a local ICE company to fit aftermarket central locking, was less than £100 and solved the issue. My suggestion would be to try the same.

Good luck.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”