[Mk2] [Generic] Lazy Eye Kit

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

[Mk2] [Generic] Lazy Eye Kit

Post by Ryan S »

Who sells the lazy eye kits on here??
slipping clutch

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Lazy Eye Kit

Post by slipping clutch »

Not 100% on this one Sheppy but I think James - cardhore used to make them or sell them.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

I know i suck shep but heres an ebay link .. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-MR2-MK ... 4adde2d37c

I could get my car to lazy eye with no kit fitted , cant remember how now though #-o sure someone can :D
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

cheers guys, I'll give James a message, I did see the ebay kit, would rather get one from a member :thumleft:

you can wind the lights up/down by hand, but they go back to normal once you flash them, Could always disconnect the motors but I'd rather have a wee toggle.
craig

Post by craig »

Paying out for a 'make my headlights look broken' kit. Nice one! #-o :lol:
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

As above - `Broken headlight kit`. I`d be paranoid people are looking at the car saying `look, his headlight motors are about knackered!`. Don`t do it! Rogue quads for a sleeker look or upgrade the lenses and colour code the black plastics to make the standard size look better.
craig

Post by craig »

Agreed, Rev6 quad headlight kit is a far better move than a cheap ebay broken headlight kit.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Aye, and when a rougue headlight kit becomes available for the cost of the broken lights kit be sure to let me know :clap:

I like the lazy eye look, not really fussed what you guys think of it :lol:
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

When you say you like the look, when would you actually use them? Surely you cannot use a set of headlights shining down on the front bumper? So you would have them` lazy style` when parked up? Or daytime driving? I like crazy styling, I think what bugs me about these apart from the fact they just look broken, is that they affect an important part of the car and probably decrease the effectiveness of the standard lights. Or do they pop up fully when needed? Or you have full control from inside to exactly how far popped up or low you want them? Gona go read up on them now! But, personally won`t be buying. :lol:
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

YOU CAN POSSISTION THE LIGHTS WHERE YOU WANT FROM JUST OPEN TO FULLY OPEN. WITH YOUR LIGHTS ON OR OFF. THE KIT HAS TWO MODES SLEEPY MODE OF NORMAL DRIVING MODE SO YOU CAN HAVE YOUR LIGHTS FULLY UP AT NIGHT

That answers my question. :thumleft:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

D4N_V_U wrote:When you say you like the look, when would you actually use them? Surely you cannot use a set of headlights shining down on the front bumper? So you would have them` lazy style` when parked up? Or daytime driving? I like crazy styling, I think what bugs me about these apart from the fact they just look broken, is that they affect an important part of the car and probably decrease the effectiveness of the standard lights. Or do they pop up fully when needed? Or you have full control from inside to exactly how far popped up or low you want them? Gona go read up on them now! But, personally won`t be buying. :lol:

Na they'd only be lazy when parked up, or maybe driving during the day with the lights off, they certainly wouldn't be used as half open headlights, Yes you have full control over how far up they come whether on or off (or so i'm lead to believe) so they pop up fully when the headlights are on if you want them to (which I would), I actually like the stock headlights when i'm using them, I don't think i'd really like the rogue ones at night only being half open :-k
craig

Post by craig »

sheppy wrote:
D4N_V_U wrote:When you say you like the look, when would you actually use them? Surely you cannot use a set of headlights shining down on the front bumper? So you would have them` lazy style` when parked up? Or daytime driving? I like crazy styling, I think what bugs me about these apart from the fact they just look broken, is that they affect an important part of the car and probably decrease the effectiveness of the standard lights. Or do they pop up fully when needed? Or you have full control from inside to exactly how far popped up or low you want them? Gona go read up on them now! But, personally won`t be buying. :lol:

Na they'd only be lazy when parked up

Should earn you massive cred at da maccys cruise init. :mrgreen:
matt-mr2

Post by matt-mr2 »

RedMR² wrote:
sheppy wrote:

:clap: :lol:
2mad

Post by 2mad »

sheppy wrote:cheers guys, I'll give James a message, I did see the ebay kit, would rather get one from a member :thumleft:

you can wind the lights up/down by hand, but they go back to normal once you flash them, Could always disconnect the motors but I'd rather have a wee toggle.

I'm probably wrong because my memory sucks .. But it goes something like this .. switch on lights 2 clicks .. then switch off lights 2 clicks .. as lights are retracting switch on lights 1 click .. hay-presto sleepy eye :thumleft: i think lol 8-[ its been a while.

Or if parking up just swich off ignition when the lights are retracting .. boom , sleepy eye :lol:
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

I'm probably wrong because my memory sucks .. But it goes something like this .. switch on lights 2 clicks .. then switch off lights 2 clicks .. as lights are retracting switch on lights 1 click .. hay-presto sleepy eye [thumleft] i think lol [Anxious] its been a while.

That does work, done it by accident a few times.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Cheers D4N :thumleft:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

RedMR² wrote:
sheppy wrote:

Would it? I've no idea....the whole point of doing the car is an advert for my business, so the more attention it attracts the better, probably won't be at one of your cruises though

:lol:
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

RedMR² wrote:

So will a nur spec :oldtongue:
Mullen

Post by Mullen »

Ryan S
IMOC Moderator