finally happy with how car looks!

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

dylan5084

finally happy with how car looks!

Post by dylan5084 »

My wife said there was a wee boy running about playing outside for a bit then he just stopped suddenly n stared at the car for 5 mins, defo passes the cool test imo!

How it looked 2 year ago.....

Vast improvement I recon! What do you's think?
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Re: finally happy with how car looks!

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Looks far better. I`d be tempted to do a dark tint on the rear windows and legal limit fronts myself to complete the stealthy look!
shinny

Post by shinny »

Genuine question - wouldn't it have been cheaper and easier to have bought a black rev3 to begin with?
Mr2z

Post by Mr2z »

Prefect mate. Leave it as it is. Looks elegant :-)
oVerboost

Post by oVerboost »

Looks really nice :)
dylan5084

Post by dylan5084 »

I was thinking tints too when I'm looking at it, probably the next thing on the list, the Windows looked slightly tinted when It was silver but now they don't lol.

shinny wrote:Genuine question - wouldn't it have been cheaper and easier to have bought a black rev3 to begin with?

Well yes but by the time I realised the sills were gubbed I had put enough money into the car I didnt want to give up, after I'd completed the sills I asked my mate if he'd paint them silver n he asked If wanted it silver n I said well no, I'd prefer it black, only cost my the paint n some beers to have it done!

And now my chassis is solid. Paint ain't perfect as we done it in my garage, but I'm happy with the results
Al-sw20

Post by Al-sw20 »

Very very nice.

So many MR2s end up looking shit because the owner has no taste or tries too hard to make it different.

You have done exceptionally well. :thumleft:

BTW what are the wheels? Would love some on my RX-8.
Ro8

Post by Ro8 »

Hi. I have a black tubby with rear tints. They look great. I tried to upload pics but I am fairly new to imoc and can't post links yet.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Car looks superb :thumleft: great stance too, are you running coilovers ?
Mullen

Post by Mullen »

Looks really nice.

Have you blacked out your tobes & that's why they're not visible or removed them?

Might have trouble with the MOT if the latter.
Odin_S

Post by Odin_S »

Very nice mate, but please put none aero wiper blades back on. It cheapebs the whole look imo. All cars should be banned from having them :lol: they never fit the windscreen or stick up...
dylan5084

Post by dylan5084 »

Wheels have "hi join" on the centres,never heard of them but looked nice wen I saw them on eBay! they could do with a refurb actually, I'm thinking about doing the lip chrome with bronze centers but not sure yet

Yea I'm running miester-r coilovers which are a dream to drive on by the way! Highly recommended.

Hadn't really thought about the aero wipers lol, I've kinda bent the arms so there's more tension on the wipers so they actually work at up to 60 or 70 mph

Removed the tobes, I know my mot man, so we're all good on that front . :thumleft:
Odin_S

Post by Odin_S »

Ah I see, I have oem wiper blades and they work to well over lets say high numbers. I think they may deteriorate over time as the rubber wears out

I just think aero blades look like retangles eyebrows, rather than sleeker oem or older style blades :lol:
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

I personally think aero wipers look nd perform much better than standard ones but thats just me!

Great job on the car btw, sounds like you are alot happier than you were a month or 2 ago :clap:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”