REV 2 (ISH) JDM GT TURBO TINTOP. AMAZING SPEC & GORGEOUS - THE LOVE OF MY LIFE

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Bobby (aka Shaggar)

REV 2 (ISH) JDM GT TURBO TINTOP. AMAZING SPEC & GORGEOUS - THE LOVE OF MY LIFE

Post by Bobby (aka Shaggar) »

IMOC, MR2 owners everywhere and the world,

Today is a very very sad day. I actually made the decision a couple of weeks ago and even now as I type it breaks my heart. I bought a fairly fresh to the UK MR2 GT Turbo T-Bar 12 years ago and through a twisty turny path it has evolved into the car I own today.

From a completely standard car with all the bells and whistles into a car I describe as my perfect driving machine. This car has been honed through much experimentation and although it may not have monster horsepower, it drives well, handles well, stops goods, makes all the right noises, scares me when I nail it and spits and pops flames naturally when hot.

It is currently running about 300+hp as it was just too crazy (and a little hot) running above that. With an add-on or two this is built for 400hp. I'm not a number chaser so it more about the drive. This thing will actually lift the front wheels if you get the change right. The delivery is incredible and all usable at non-license losing speeds.

So why am I selling the love of my life? I'm out guys (no! not that way!), I've moved and left the UK pretty much for good. I now live in Dubai where you cannot legally register a right hand drive car. To be honest though, with temperatures now hitting 50 deg c (yes, really!), I'm not sure I want to run ANY turbocharged car. V8s seem to be the flavour here so 'when in Rome' as they say.

Check out my car's profile at;

The car comes with an absolutely HUGE amount of service history and a thoroughly anal spreadsheet detailing everything done to the car from race engine rebuilds to magic tree air fresheners (guess who's OCD?). I have done the vast amount of work to the car myself and almost the only other person to ever touch it is James at JD Modified. To quote the JDM legend himself....

"You've got a really really good one there, one of the good ones that will climb in value. You've spent the money and looked after it"

The car is solid, reliable and was only driven on the weekends. It's discreet but car lovers know it's something special from the genuinely modified tone of the thing. It has no rust. There's a little corrosion on the wheels but as you can see in the pics, it's barely noticeable.

As I was about to renew some service parts, there is a boot full of new ignition leads, spark plugs , dizzy cap, rotor arm etc which is all yours. I just ran out of time before heading to Dubai.

Although the clock reads just over 100k, all but the chassis has done way less than this although to be honest, the chassis too is in amazing condition. Across two shells, the car has had a grand total of £20k thrown at her in true TLC excluding the purchase costs of both shells. An old man drove into the side of the first shell, hence the need for the second.

The car is currently being looked after by a friend in Basingstoke, Hampshire so let me know if you're seriously interested. NO test pilots.
I also have, in Wimbledon, a load of spares which are thrown into the deal. Covered in dust but should be fine, there is a mix of interior parts, engine components, body panels, oem toolbags/kits and much more plus some service items.

THE PRICE FOR ALL THIS?................£4200
It's the least I can ask for a broken heart!!!

An overview of the spec;

SPECIFICATION

Engine:

'ACL' race bearings
Aircon compressor removed
'Apexi' induction kit
'Apexi' N1 full exhaust system
'ARP' head bolts
'Cometic' 1.0mm metal head gasket
'JDModfied' custom made screamer pipe
'Eagle' conrods
'Fensport' stage 2 CT20b (<360hp) turbocharger
'MJ Engineering' full engine rebuild
'Greddy' external wastegate
'Greddy' high capacity intercooler
'Greddy' intercooler hardpipes
'GTS Chris' wide bore downpipe
'HKS' turbo timer
'R-Spec' manual boost controller
Rev 3 ignition system inc ECU & 540cc injectors
'JDModified' alloy catchcan
Uprated hex cam-cover bolts
'Walbro' 255 l/hr fuel pump
'Wiseco' high compression forged pistons

Transmission:

Rev 3 E153 Gearbox + Limited Slip Differential
'RPS' 6 puck paddle clutch

Suspension:

'Cusco' front strut brace type OS
'Cusco' rear strut brace type AS
'Tein' 'fast road' spec lowered/uprated springs
Wheels & Tyres:
'Falken' 452 tyres
Front 17" Fox RS3 alloys
Rear 18" Fox RS3 Alloys

Exterior:

3SFE foglight-less bumper fitted
Crystal front indicators/reflectors
Debadged except colour-coded 'T' badges
Lower chassis 'below bumper' grill cut and sealed
Rev3+ rear light clusters
'Sard' side intake extensions
UK blank rear quarter bumpstrips
UK spec plate holder and plate
Electric aerial holes in rear wing and spoiler filled and sprayed

Interior:

'Personal' steering wheel
Gauge pod for oil pressure, oil temperature and turbocharger boost pressure
'TRD' gear knob

Audio:

'Sony' Xplod head unit
Factory 6.2 speaker system
Built in windscreen aerial used for FM

Here come the pics;

Message me if interested in giving my baby a new home.

Bobby :( [/img]
gavsdavs

Re: REV 2 (ISH) JDM GT TURBO TINTOP. AMAZING SPEC & GORGEOUS - THE LOVE OF MY LIFE

Post by gavsdavs »

Looks sweet. GLWTS
madfish

Re: REV 2 (ISH) JDM GT TURBO TINTOP. AMAZING SPEC & GORGEOUS - THE LOVE OF MY LIFE

Post by madfish »

What a stunner and nice spec!

Sadly a bit above my budget but she should sell no problem
DanT

Post by DanT »

Remember the car well. .and will vouch for how particular he was with everything being done properly on this. .glwts.
as8133

still for sale?

Post by as8133 »

Hi, is this still up for sale, if so plse inbox me.

Thanks!
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Bumperty bump bump!

Sorry folks, been a bit distracted over here in Dubai but really need to shift this now so please get in contact boys and girls.

Regards,

Bobby
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Ps. Upon fitment of those new Tein springs, a pair of worn front shockers were exposed so the car now has a brand spanking new set up front. Bonus for you!

Regards,

Bobby
Tsia

Post by Tsia »

Got any pics of the engine bay?
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Yes mate, I'll post a piccy later tonight.
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

No i must resist :pray:

Very clean looking car GLWTS
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

oldskoolhrdcore wrote:PMd you

Answered mate
oldskoolhrdcore

Post by oldskoolhrdcore »

Bobby (aka Shaggar) wrote:
oldskoolhrdcore wrote:PMd you

Answered mate

PMd again (not sure if you get emailed by subscription to this thread)
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

BUMP!

Seemed the sale damaging weather moved in before I managed to move this. Really needs to go so make me an offer boys, girls and those who aren't sure.

Love and peace,

Bobby
Beebaleen

Post by Beebaleen »

Hi there Bobby, I would love to make an offer, however I don't know what you would deem too low so I will just say it. I have 3k to spend as agreed by the fiancee :-).

Let me know what you think
Dan :-)
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

PM'd
Beebaleen

Post by Beebaleen »

PM'd back :P
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Hey all,

Thanks for the interest. You know who you are! I've had a request or two for interior shots so here they come. Clean, largely original and no bling. Significant changes are the gear knob (giggerty!), steering wheel and addition centre console dial cluster. Update: Sorry, just realised that not the current gear knob, it now has the TRD item mentioned in the above spec.

Cheers all.

Bobby
Beebaleen

Post by Beebaleen »

PM'd again buddy :)
sh00016

Post by sh00016 »

Thanks, PM'd

Return to “MR2s for Sale”